Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeps the man cave organized. My wife would go crazy seeing all those boxes. Just gotta figure out the Delorian box lol

DeLorean, not Delorian. Sorry I'm a car guy before being a toy collector.

PS: The DeLorean (car) is a complete piece of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flipside was that if you say: "I don't have the cash right now", what could cost you $600 now might cost $1200 later.
So don't think of it like spending $600.
Think of it as SAVING $600....
:rotfl

Oh believe me I always think this whenever I preorder these guys, " It's an Investment " I say to myself always, but the reality quicks in and says " You really can't afford to keep doing this " but I suck it up and do it anyway because there always is a way :lol

Oh believe me I always think this whenever I preorder these guys, " It's an Investment " I say to myself always, but the reality quicks in and says " You really can't afford to keep doing this " but I suck it up and do it anyway because there always is a way :lol

You can always know when it's something you will use or something you never will.
At least i try to tell myself that...

You can always know when it's something you will use or something you never will.
At least i try to tell myself that...

Yeah that never works for me. All I do is say to myself " It will make you happy..even for a bit " and that's enough! or at least seals the deal for me anyway.

Isn't that collecting really comes down too. :)

Why do you think I never show you guys museum statue poses with these products :lol

Not when you jazz it up with a Flux capacitor :D :monkey3

I think a real DeLorean might struggle to hit the 88 MPH. It was a turd of a car, and the end of a legendary career for John DeLorean. He is the father of the first muscle car (the Pontiac GTO). To go from that to the DeLorean DMC-12, and then the coke bust...so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I think I took enough space and pages on this thread with this topic so I apologize..
Back to Basics!
jTmYH0y.gif

Well, mine are on their way, so I guess I better start digging back and skimming the last 200 pages to research the mods :pow

I was loosely following for a while, but then I lost track. It seems like it's pretty essential to achieve the V and to gain ab & arm articulation.

Has there been a perfected method of what to cut and what to leave yet?

Well, mine are on their way, so I guess I better start digging back and skimming the last 200 pages to research the mods :pow

I was loosely following for a while, but then I lost track. It seems like it's pretty essential to achieve the V and to gain ab & arm articulation.

Has there been a perfected method of what to cut and what to leave yet?

I'm in the same boat. The only one I've seen recently was the rubber band mod that doesn't involve any cutting. I think the link is a few pages back.

I was so close to winning a mech test Stark auction earlier today and would've just sold this set to fund it. Got outbid at the last second so I guess I'm meant to get this. :lol

I can't believe so many are passing on the set..It's a great deal. The Roger's version is a plus with this set IMO

Last edited:
You guys are making me rethink my purchase. Mine arrives later this week and with the influx of other figures I'm feeling like this may be dropping in interest level after hearing stuff like this. I really don't want to deal with major QC issues and I already have GA Cap so maybe I just sell or return this and wait on AOU Cap...

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and say "Keep your order"

I like this set. Is the STRIKE suit restrictive? yeah. A few loose threads? Just don't pull 'em...a trim with scissors does the trick. Once a good pose is found, it looks GREAT. It was a cool look in the movie, and it looks cool here. The Steve Rogers figure is gravy here. Looks good on it's own with a fantastic portrait or port it over to the Stealth one for an alternate look.

I've got GA Cap too...and almost passed on it after reading a lot of the back -n-forth in here....and it's one of my favorites. You like Cap...get this set!

Hey, I'm looking forward to the AOU version too...and I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of this set until it arrives....

Some of my shots again...

You didn't ask me, but my favorite cap is still the first cap from his first movie. I assume it is pretty much the same as the Golden Age one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries. I think my favorite movie look (so far) is the strike suit but the best looking figure is the first avenger. The GA suit is nice for possibility but the quality feels rushed. The strike suit with mods is my favorite looking figure now. Just wish the arms moved better.

No worries. I think my favorite movie look (so far) is the strike suit but the best looking figure is the first avenger. The GA suit is nice for possibility but the quality feels rushed. The strike suit with mods is my favorite looking figure now. Just wish the arms moved better.

I agree the Strike Suit does have a really good look. It just seems a bit less traditional Cap to me, and the arm articulation is weak. I'm not going to modify it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back