Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard it said about that proto that they might have used the MOS body.

Well both were mentioned, MOS torso or TTM20 body, of course this was just speculation by a fellow freak on here, so nothing has been confirmed. So are the necks on those bodies as rubbery as the ones on the Christopher Reeve body?

In hindsight, I'd rather HT leave the neck seam on the HS rather than sacrificing the figure's proportions.

Besides, a "cut" HS gives an additional articulation at the neck.

In hindsight, I'd rather HT leave the neck seam on the HS rather than sacrificing the figure's proportions.

Besides, a "cut" HS gives an additional articulation at the neck.

All you need to do is go back to the beginning of this thread. The masked and unmasked heads had articulation. Then everyone moaned about it. And HT changed it, lol.

All you need to do is go back to the beginning of this thread. The masked and unmasked heads had articulation. Then everyone moaned about it. And HT changed it, lol.

I didn't think it was the complaints on the forums that changed it.

HT seemed set on having a seamless HS from the beginning, which is probably why the promo pics of the Rogers sculpt were all photoshopped to be without neck seams.

I didn't think it was the complaints on the forums that changed it.

HT seemed set on having a seamless HS from the beginning, which is probably why the promo pics of the Rogers sculpt were all photoshopped to be without neck seams.

No someone posted pictures of the protos from comic con a few pages back and the heads on them were ball jointed.

sdcc2014_sideshow_34_zps9e416719.jpg

photo13_zps5454b9ab.jpg

photo12_zps549ff0a8.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably not either then, because the lower torso on the MOS body is too long just like the Reeve one is. So is the TTM20 body as big as an Arnold body?

I combined the original t-800 body and the reeves body and I think it looks pretty good. I posted it a few pages back but didn't get any feedback on it.

I combined the original t-800 body and the reeves body and I think it looks pretty good. I posted it a few pages back but didn't get any feedback on it.

Yeah I was confused by that and meaning to ask you, what parts did you combine? Was it the upper Reeve Torso and bottom Arnie torso and were the legs and arms from Arnie as well?

The upper torso is the t-800, the lower torso and legs are reeve and the arms are the strike suit arms.

toys-5_zps5fca573b.jpg

It does look good as the pecs seem to be in the right place unlike the Reeve upper torso, but why did you use the lower torso for Reeve? Was the Arnold lower torso too big and not skinny enough for the body to form that V shape?

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

All set for Cap... He will be here tomorrow.
868a49ced1b8c4afb2b1dd2eb54d22ea.jpg

Incidentally I now have a pair of Rogers' jeans and boots that I don't need. Turns out they are too big for Wolverine.

Haha, you were able to get a head sculpt from toyanxiety??!! I thought you just missed out too. Where did you get the shield?

It does look good as the pecs seem to be in the right place unlike the Reeve upper torso, but why did you use the lower torso for Reeve? Was the Arnold lower torso too big and not skinny enough for the body to form that V shape?

Ya the lower torso is huge on the t-800 as well as the butt and legs. The reeves torso gave it a nice v shape.

My Strike Suit fig is coming in today. Is the rubberband mod the best thing on the table as far as modding this fig goes?

Other than swapping the body, I would say yes if I do say so myself. However, while it does give the body a V shape, the lats will look flat and thus, will not bulge out like the Reeve body. Basically it just gives shape to the fat suit but the body still won't look like the pic below because the lats are just too flat to give it that rounded shape along the sides.

photo12_zps549ff0a8.jpg

It will just look like a relatively flat line from waist to arm pit like it does here.

Last edited:
No someone posted pictures of the protos from comic con a few pages back and the heads on them were ball jointed.

I don't see how that's related to HT's promo shots?

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Steve-Rogers-Collectible-Figures-Set-4-630x420.jpg

I don't see any neck seams in the promo shots of Rogers.
So, fair to say a seamless HS was what HT was aiming for in the first place.

How hard is it to remove the suit to switch the bodies? I thought the top half did not come off the body.

Darkavatar you were the one I saw the rubberband mod from. It seemed the simplest mod to give the fig a bit more definition.

Back