Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Lovin the new Cap

Just got my CA & SR combo pack, and it's a pretty decent set, which is a pretty sad thing to say for something that costs so much.

The biggest issue, in my opinion, with the stealth suit figure is the ape-like arms that just won't sit nicely on the sides. Although the torso looks somewhat flat, to me the wide stance of the arms is what really ruins the figure; it just doesn't look natural. Last but not least, the QC on mine is horrendous. There were loose threads everywhere, and the collar wasn't even properly centrally aligned. I had to spend a good hour fiddling with it to get a museum pose that I was finally satisfied with. The only redeeming qualities to this figure were probably the details on the suit (nicely done but poorly executed), the amazing HS and shield.

Overall, I'd rate the Strike suit figure a 3.5/5.

The Steve Rogers figure, on the other hand, is great, so long as u keep his blue jacket on. Once the jacket is off, Steve looks like a bobblehead with that oversized head, and a weird-shaped torso/upperbody. Wouldn't know how to describe it, but you'll know what I mean when you take the jacket off. And you'll probably end up taking the jacket off anyway, as it's more than likely that the production folks didn't do a good job futzing the inner t-shirt, just as they did on mine. What you end up with is the shirt bunching up everywhere on the shoulders and collar area, which will probably leave you with a poor first impression of the figure. But spend some time straightening the inner t-shirt, and my guess is you'll probably be more than delighted with Steve. Oh, and might I add that the BD shield is beautiful. Never thought I'd like it since it wasn't a part of the film, but HT definitely did a good job with it.

Overall, I'd rate Steve a 5/5 with the jacket on, and a 2/5 with the jacket off, just cos' it looks horrendous that way.

Finally, my recommendation to you folks who haven't got this set (or the lone strike suit figure) yet, is to probably hold off on your purchase. The quality you get for the money demanded is just not on par. I was "forced" to purchase mine since I already paid a sizeable NRD when the misleading prototype pics first surfaced. But if you have no obligations like I did, or wasn't a big fan of the TWS film, then I would suggest to wait till they fix the torso & arms issues with the AoU release (hope they do), or till there's a good discount for the figure.

Hope I've helped!

Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

I thought it was a steal at the price it was at. It's pretty much like 170-75 for both figs.

But anyways I bought a red gloss paint for the battle damaged shield and hope it turns out well. It'll be my first time painting something unless I get the paint for my Widow's Bites first.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

I thought it was a steal at the price it was at. It's pretty much like 170-75 for both figs.

But anyways I bought a red gloss paint for the battle damaged shield and hope it turns out well. It'll be my first time painting something unless I get the paint for my Widow's Bites first.

Yeah on pure per-unit math, the figure's not that bad in terms of value.

But even then, the fact that the new AoU Cap with the spare helmet and HS costs the same as the single strike suit cap figure has this figure beat in terms of value too imo.

yes I keep the boxes inside each respective shipper. I keep each figures accessories/extra parts in the box. helps me stay organized :)
:yess: I keep everything also :hi5: except I also keep the figures in the box :monkey3 Mint!!!
Doesn't everyone keep the brown shipper?
It helps if you want to resell, a lot of buyers I think look for that to be included
I thought that too, but I was wrong. I've met several collectors who trash the shippers . I like to have everything complete, I even ask if if the have the original plastic bag .
:yess:

Just got my CA & SR combo pack, and it's a pretty decent set, which is a pretty sad thing to say for something that costs so much.

The biggest issue, in my opinion, with the stealth suit figure is the ape-like arms that just won't sit nicely on the sides. Although the torso looks somewhat flat, to me the wide stance of the arms is what really ruins the figure; it just doesn't look natural. Last but not least, the QC on mine is horrendous. There were loose threads everywhere, and the collar wasn't even properly centrally aligned. I had to spend a good hour fiddling with it to get a museum pose that I was finally satisfied with. The only redeeming qualities to this figure were probably the details on the suit (nicely done but poorly executed), the amazing HS

Hope I've helped!

You have echoed my sentiments exactly. I had loose thread issues all over mine, especially in the waist area where his belt goes. It also took me a while to get him into a pose I liked too. I didn't have the same issues with GA Cap at all. The pants are way too baggy too and the plastic pads on the arms make it very difficult to properly articulate the figure or even put the proper hands in them. I still love the detail on the suit and don't regret the set but HT needs to do a much better job with AOU Cap.

:yess: I keep everything also :hi5: except I also keep the figures in the box :monkey3 Mint!!!

It helps if you want to resell, a lot of buyers I think look for that to be included

:yess:

Yeah, no shippers are usually a deal breaker for me... and the plastic bag doesn't hurt :)

The biggest issue, in my opinion, with the stealth suit figure is the ape-like arms that just won't sit nicely on the sides. Although the torso looks somewhat flat, to me the wide stance of the arms is what really ruins the figure; it just doesn't look natural. Last but not least, the QC on mine is horrendous. There were loose threads everywhere, and the collar wasn't even properly centrally aligned. I had to spend a good hour fiddling with it to get a museum pose that I was finally satisfied with. The only redeeming qualities to this figure were probably the details on the suit (nicely done but poorly executed), the amazing HS and shield.

Overall, I'd rate the Strike suit figure a 3.5/5.

The Steve Rogers figure, on the other hand, is great, so long as u keep his blue jacket on. Once the jacket is off, Steve looks like a bobblehead with that oversized head, and a weird-shaped torso/upperbody. Wouldn't know how to describe it, but you'll know what I mean when you take the jacket off. And you'll probably end up taking the jacket off anyway, as it's more than likely that the production folks didn't do a good job futzing the inner t-shirt, just as they did on mine. What you end up with is the shirt bunching up everywhere on the shoulders and collar area, which will probably leave you with a poor first impression of the figure. But spend some time straightening the inner t-shirt, and my guess is you'll probably be more than delighted with Steve. Oh, and might I add that the BD shield is beautiful. Never thought I'd like it since it wasn't a part of the film, but HT definitely did a good job with it.

Overall, I'd rate Steve a 5/5 with the jacket on, and a 2/5 with the jacket off, just cos' it looks horrendous that way.

Finally, my recommendation to you folks who haven't got this set (or the lone strike suit figure) yet, is to probably hold off on your purchase. The quality you get for the money demanded is just not on par. I was "forced" to purchase mine since I already paid a sizeable NRD when the misleading prototype pics first surfaced. But if you have no obligations like I did, or wasn't a big fan of the TWS film, then I would suggest to wait till they fix the torso & arms issues with the AoU release (hope they do), or till there's a good discount for the figure.

Hope I've helped!

You have echoed my sentiments exactly. I had loose thread issues all over mine, especially in the waist area where his belt goes. It also took me a while to get him into a pose I liked too. I didn't have the same issues with GA Cap at all. The pants are way too baggy too and the plastic pads on the arms make it very difficult to properly articulate the figure or even put the proper hands in them. I still love the detail on the suit and don't regret the set but HT needs to do a much better job with AOU Cap.

You guys are making me rethink my purchase. Mine arrives later this week and with the influx of other figures I'm feeling like this may be dropping in interest level after hearing stuff like this. I really don't want to deal with major QC issues and I already have GA Cap so maybe I just sell or return this and wait on AOU Cap...

I will never understand people who buy these to let them sit in the box. What's the point? "Hey, check out my really cool shipper box collection. We can google what the figures look like." :dunno

I'm not bashing. I just don't understand why you'd pay $200+ if you aren't going to look at them everyday.

I will never understand people who buy these to let them sit in the box. What's the point? "Hey, check out my really cool shipper box collection. We can google what the figures look like." :dunno

I'm not bashing. I just don't understand why you'd pay $200+ if you aren't going to look at them everyday.

Yea why even discuss the figures themselves if you're never going to see anything but a brown shipper? To each their own but I mean to not even take them out of the shipper? How do you even know what you've got in there? :lol

I buy to collect, I don't care about selling later on, I have limited funds so I don't buy a figure unless I really want it. No way would I keep a $250 collectible sealed and out of sight. It's just a waste of money that way. Might as well tape up an empty cardboard box.

I buy to collect, I don't care about selling later on, I have limited funds so I don't buy a figure unless I really want it. No way would I keep a $250 collectible sealed and out of sight. It's just a waste of money that way. Might as well tape up an empty cardboard box.

Can't help but think...

Back