Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the pictures, i think the AoU suit is going to have the same issues as this one. Hopefully not but it looks like it fits the same.

I thought so too but I think it's too early to tell. I'm sure they had to rush to make all of those figures available to show. They most certainly took some shortcuts here and there and recycled some parts.

That doesn't sound like a bad setup at all. You could always get the Steve Rogers head sculpt from the 2-pack down the road, if you wanted to swap out the questionable head on GA cap. That HS alone might be pretty pricey though with it being the highlight (in my opinion) of this set.

That's exactly what I did and I think it looks amazing. I did the shoulder mod as well where you remove all the excess padding.

GA Cap Mod..jpg

Oh yes, the stealth suit helmet. It's slightly different than the golden age. Looks great with the Rogers head. I want to get an extra one for my golden age if I can at a good price.

This belongs in my collection. But given the past few months, I feel like I should wait for double rewards or free shipping or some perk, especially due to the issues of the figure... Do you guys think it will go to waitlist or sell out before any deal is offered?

Exactly how I feel, I want to have him in my collection but I feel kinda dirty to buy anything at retail after Spook and Black friday.

That head doesn't look right... is that the one that comes with the 2-pack?

Yes, both heads from the 2 pack, masked and civie, are all to big. It was mentioned earlier but everyone is way to into the whole body thing, which isn't a deal breaker to me anyway. This is more of an issue for me because well, look at that head on GA Cap :lol

Strange that they would be too big. You'd think the proportions on all the Captain America figs would be consistent, but I can see from pictures that's apparently not the case. Probably some compensation for the amount of clothing a given figure has. Bit of a bummer though in regards to swapping.

Cancelled. At this price point, I should not have to do anything but general futzing to make this look good.

I just receive my set and I can assure you that you don´t need to do anything (except a few futzing) to make this look THE BEST FIGURE OF YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION.

Really, don´t let the "expertise" from our expert members here let you down. The almost majority of users here are HT haters, don´t really believe they´re collectors or anything related...

I just receive my set and I can assure you that you don´t need to do anything (except a few futzing) to make this look THE BEST FIGURE OF YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION.

Really, don´t let the "expertise" from our expert members here let you down. The almost majority of users here are HT haters, don´t really believe they´re collectors or anything related...

Me too! Do not get the hate. I think it looks great and I can't wait for it to be in my collection. Worth it just for the different look that this Cap brings.

From all the videos I've seen this guy has very restrictive arms, I wanted him...but I'm not looking for a statue

That head doesn't look right... is that the one that comes with the 2-pack?

Yep. It's the one from the 2pk. It looks great in person.

Yes, both heads from the 2 pack, masked and civie, are all to big. It was mentioned earlier but everyone is way to into the whole body thing, which isn't a deal breaker to me anyway. This is more of an issue for me because well, look at that head on GA Cap :lol

It looks a little big in the picture, but looks perfect in hand.

How does it look on GA Cap without any mods to remove the bulk?

Removing the bulk is a must in my opinion.

Strange that they would be too big. You'd think the proportions on all the Captain America figs would be consistent, but I can see from pictures that's apparently not the case. Probably some compensation for the amount of clothing a given figure has. Bit of a bummer though in regards to swapping.

Here are a couple shots of my top shelf so you can compare head size to figures you might already have. The head is normal size.

Top Shelf.jpg

Thor & Cap.jpg

Yep. It's the one from the 2pk. It looks great in person.

It looks a little big in the picture, but looks perfect in hand.

Removing the bulk is a must in my opinion.

Here are a couple shots of my top shelf so you can compare head size to figures you might already have. The head is normal size.

View attachment 154978

View attachment 154979

The Rogers head looks great on that figure. I got just that HS and want to put it on my Avengers figure.

Its a great sculpt but it does look too big on the GA body I can't explain why. I think Im going to buy the STRIKE Cap afterall as I've seen some pics here making the fig look decent. Plus I really like that costume.

Back