Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been done or asked already but has anyone posted pics of these two figures with the regular red shield? Or even that cheaper bootleg diecast shield?

I'm debating whether to buy a clean one and spray paint it, buy the battle damaged one from Avengers or the cheaper diecast one, for both figures.

As opposed to all of the other Cap Hot Toy figures that have such a wide range of articulation. :slap

I'm fairly new so I don't know much about the previous ones...lol but if the other ones suck in the articulation dept then is really bad on Hot Toys to not address this issue

Well the fabric that all of the Cap suits are made with isn't what you'd call "stretchy". So if they fit the body tightly and aren't baggy, the figures aren't going to be able to move around a whole lot.

I'm sort of surprised that there aren't more home made stretchy fabric Cap suits out there floating around. Like this. I would think if someone made suits like this with 3-4 different Cap designs, they would sell quite a few.

super soldier.jpg

Attachments

• dp.jpg
    dp.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 527
Well the fabric that all of the Cap suits are made with isn't what you'd call "stretchy". So if they fit the body tightly and aren't baggy, the figures aren't going to be able to move around a whole lot.

I'm sort of surprised that there aren't more home made stretchy fabric Cap suits out there floating around. Like this. I would think if someone made suits like this with 3-4 different Cap designs, they would sell quite a few.

Damn dude, that Deadpool you have looks imo, WAAAAY better than the Sideshow one coming out.

LOL thanks, that's the crappy one. I have added a better one.

ETA: uggh, those boots. Old photo, he has better boots now. Not the best photo but you get the idea.

625500_10152814779959460_471098759_n.jpg

Well, I do agree that the HS that came with it is easily the worst Cap head yet... I resolved that by doing this:
I donno, I really like the way the shoulders look on mine.

Yeah the whole figure looks fine to me, I never thought it looked bad at all
That pic isnt shown in my post, I don't know why :dunno

I've been watching the reviews and I'm a little worried about these figures. Cap is my favorite hero, so these are a must have. I'm just worried about the antici-pointment with the articulation. I'm also a scale junkie. I just watched a review that showed STRIKE Cap stands a lot taller than TFA Cap and Winter Soldier. Could someone take a picture of him next to Avengers Cap for me? Just wondering how they compare. Thanks.

I've been watching the reviews and I'm a little worried about these figures. Cap is my favorite hero, so these are a must have. I'm just worried about the antici-pointment with the articulation. I'm also a scale junkie. I just watched a review that showed STRIKE Cap stands a lot taller than TFA Cap and Winter Soldier. Could someone take a picture of him next to Avengers Cap for me? Just wondering how they compare. Thanks.

In regards to the scale, I think im right in saying that's because older figures were actually out of scale, they were too small, since then Ht has fixed things and sorted out the scale issue....Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm this.

I was looking on Ebay for a regular shield yesterday... even the battle damaged one from Avengers Cap is $90+. Not gonna pay that much but I also don't want a knockoff.

Guess I'll just have to display him with his shield on his back then.

I was looking on Ebay for a regular shield yesterday... even the battle damaged one from Avengers Cap is $90+. Not gonna pay that much but I also don't want a knockoff.

Guess I'll just have to display him with his shield on his back then.

Yeah those official ones are expensive aftermarket :ohbfrank:

Despite everything I have read on this thread, I'm still very excited about stealth Cap. I have it on preorder at HLJ and I can't wait to finally receive it and display it with the rest of my figures :yess:

Back