Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'd call it an important step. They do this sort of thing all the time, they don't listen to fans 100% of the time but they have changed figures based on feedback numerous times in the past.

they have changed figures based on feedback numerous times in the past.

Oh, ok. I've only been collecting Hot Toys line of predators, so I'm not aware of changes they may have made to any of their other lines during production. I wonder how they decide which figures to change as it seemed to me that the P2 head sculpt could have done with a more work than the Elder.

I think it probably has a lot to do with how far into production they are and if it's financially feasible to make changes or not. Also likely a fair bit of them just deciding if it's even a change they should make.

Yeah you're probably right. From a customer perspective I think its easy to forget about what it actually takes to make these things, including all of the financial implications for a business.

Yeah especially since they have a lot of the molds made already they likely showed it a lot earlier than they often do since they have less mold tooling that needs to be done before production. Who knows for sure but that would be my guess based on what little I know about the process.

they've also changed figures based on factory settings...i.e. berzerker's shrinkage. followed by a half arsed apology if you consider such as an apology. :lol

Finally went ahead and preordered this... Wasn't going to at first but after looking at those updated pics a lot I realized how much it would suck to miss out on this.

Not read through every post so please don't hang me quite yet.

I see that they have listened and changed the sculpt but have they/will they possible add chance to have open and closed mandibles just like....every single predator released ?.

I am going to go ahead and make this purchase knowing that this will be more of a "Statue" piece for me. There be no dynamic "expanded universe" action poses. I think he'll be holding his necklace with blade in had. Very unoriginal but hey what else do I know about this guy!!! This figure will be all about the details i the little things!

I am going to go ahead and make this purchase knowing that this will be more of a "Statue" piece for me. There be no dynamic "expanded universe" action poses. I think he'll be holding his necklace with blade in had. Very unoriginal but hey what else do I know about this guy!!! This figure will be all about the details i the little things!

Offering the Pistol or holding the necklace will probably be most peoples choice poses. I will most likely be going with the necklace too :hi5:

Offering the Pistol or holding the necklace will probably be most peoples choice poses. I will most likely be going with the necklace too :hi5:
mine will be "taking the sword out" pose. exactly because nobody ever did it, though it was a first image of him )

I want to get this but I fear I'll be greatly disappointed with it. I thought Scar looked like an amazing figure, and I bought him, but I wasn't happy with him at all. Nothing about the figure excited me for some reason.

I think maybe I'm just out-growing figures. These things are so difficult to pose without the fear of breaking or scraping something, why not just make them statues ffs. And don't get me started on those tiny, worthless stands they come with.

I want to get this but I fear I'll be greatly disappointed with it. I thought Scar looked like an amazing figure, and I bought him, but I wasn't happy with him at all. Nothing about the figure excited me for some reason.

I think maybe I'm just out-growing figures. These things are so difficult to pose without the fear of breaking or scraping something, why not just make them statues ffs. And don't get me started on those tiny, worthless stands they come with.

I feel you on that. It's another reason why X-Plus kaiju stuff gets me more excited these days. Besides heating up their rear ends to connect the tails, they're worry-free collectibles. Just stick them on a shelf and enjoy.

Having that said, I think Elder 2.0 will be figure of the year (at least for me). Scar and Celtic didn't have me too stoked and, while I was looking forward to City Hunter, I've seen the P2 armor done so many times that it didn't feel like a new experience. This guy, on the other hand... the details on the prototype are mind-blowing, the updated head and decor look much closer to the film, plus I got him for $160 after rewards. This will be "worth it" more than any other HT Pred in recent memory. It just feels like they tried more on this guy and it shows.

Bring on Elder 2.0.

I only have the NECA figure of him so to have him in this scale for the first time will be a sweet day when I get him.

Back