Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

The thing is: both the P2 Elder and Snake (Shadow) are based on the P1 sculpt. While HT's City Hunter is disappointing because it followed the same basic head shape, I actually liked their Classic head. It's the closest Tsang's gotten to nailing the P1 and so it would make sense to recycle that sculpt here. My only issue is with the mandibles, but that's more of a pose problem than an inherent sculpt problem.
I always thought the original Elder, while the mandible pose was spot-on, had an unusually massive Frankenstein forehead. This guy looks much more like he should, even without the minor blowdryer tweaking he'd need to be 100%.

If those quills (of which there are not enough, BTW) come already attached to the face, blowdrier (or boiling water) tweaking could easily turn out to be fairly disastrous.

Wow, this was a nice surprise to come home from work to. I'll finally have all the 1/6 Preds that I've wanted since I got their 1987 P1 (now long sold).
My converted Classic to P1
City Hunter 2.0
Elder 2.0

:yess:
Won't have to pay attention to future Pred releases anymore.

lol Yea, I'm definitely more a Fan of the Predator/s from Movie 1&2. After the release of Elder, I'm done with this line for a while. :)

Sideshow is having a 24 hr. coupon that can be used to save $15 on a pre-order. Have you guys got it?

The coupon code is "REWARD13". On the main page, click on the "Shop Gifts!" icon in the right-hand corner and enter the promo code to get 300 Reward Points ($15). Make sure you're logged into your account! And keep in mind it's a Promo Code, NOT a Coupon code you use to check-out with. The points will expire after 24 hrs so you do have to use them ASAP!

On that note, this is absolutely hilarious to me that Hot Toys is redoing the Elder Predator! Not because it's bad thing but because I had them ALL.

My first Hot Toys figure was the original AVP Scar, they redid that, then there was Celtic, they're redoing that, then I had the original City Hunter and they redid him and now the Elder? Awesome! I sold my whole Hot Toys collection a few years ago and since getting back in it's absolutely a great gift to get these characters again...not only the same ones, but BETTER! Especially considering how much Hot Toys has learned over the years.

For the Predator fans, you know this is a must-have and for the new Hot Toys fans who look at the old Predator figures and WISH you had some of them, now is the time to get the new AND improved versions and get on board.

why $225?! he don't comes with anything and on top of that he has a reused body.

Considering Hot Toys' new market prices, $225 isn't too bad for him!

Check out the eBay prices for the original on eBay. I sold mine a few years ago for between $500-$600.

$225, huh? So only $50 overpriced. That's a ballsy asking price for a figure that includes just four alternate hands, no light-up features, no custom base, no helmet and no changeable mandibles.

$225, huh? So only $50 overpriced. That's a ballsy asking price for a figure that includes just four alternate hands, no light-up features, no custom base, no helmet and no changeable mandibles.

At the very least it should've come with a display base that looks like it came from the Predator ship. I absolutely hate nameplate stands. I always have to go on ebay to find a generic stand.

I'm still on the lookout for a display base/stand that would be good for City Hunter. He's currently on a generic black stand and I hate it.

Still, just glad that they're finally remaking this guy. Can't wait. :)

Used my $75 in RP and got him for $160 shipped. Not bad. I'd rather use those now and claim my Elder. Celtic will have to wait until next month or maybe February.

Same here's but mine was $155.70, not bad for this kickass Figure!!! Finally I will own THE ELDER FIGURE:')

I'm selling my v.1. elder on the for sales section and listing him on ebay later on, however, after looking carefully at the hs of the v.2 elder, I do like v.1's hs a lot more. If my v.1 don't sell in a week, I'll just keep him and switch out the head with v.2.

I'm getting this new version, but there is no way I'm selling this guy. He is still my favorite Predator in my collection.
of98o6.jpg

I came on board with HT collecting when Berserker Predator was released. At that time Berserker was a "all new" body a move in a different direction from the old style. Asking price was $170. Was this overpriced for those long time HT collectors back then? I can honestly say now that $225 for Elder is overpriced. My first DX's were Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow at $220. Yesterday I spent $300 on DX13. We all overlook the price to have this beauty in our collection BUT how much do you think DX13 should be worth? Now I am looking at SS Vader for $250…**** me!!

I've been thinking about that figure to go with my Hot Toys Bespian Luke, but I'm worried that in a year or so Hot Toys will come out with their own Darth Vader. :dunno

Back