Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been a huge fan of the pirate predator i always thought classic predator and predator 2 were more interesting.

I guess the fact that pirate only shows for like 2 min at the end of predator 2 may have had something to do with it.
This figure looks amazing though and i pre-ordered it immediately upon seeing it.

This figure i think might be HT 2nd best pred so far and i'm definitely an elder/pirate predator fan now :yess:

Anyone else think -- with the exception of the large and poorly-posed mandibles (and of course the quills and spikes) -- that this is a deadringer for P1?

up_15.jpg

Head shape looks spot-on (the crown, the brows, the curve of his lower jaw) and the eyes have that beady, sunken-in look to them. If the mandibles weren't quite so large and were sculpted so they'd be closer to eachother with the lower ones pointing upward, it would be perfect. I'm curious how Tsang will handle the 1/4 Predators, he won't be able to recycle the old mandibles for those.

Anyone else think -- with the exception of the large and poorly-posed mandibles (and of course the quills and spikes) -- that this is a deadringer for P1?

up_15.jpg

Head shape looks spot-on (the crown, the brows, the curve of his lower jaw) and the eyes have that beady, sunken-in look to them. If the mandibles weren't quite so large and were sculpted so they'd be closer to eachother with the lower ones pointing upward, it would be perfect. I'm curious how Tsang will handle the 1/4 Predators, he won't be able to recycle the old mandibles for those.

Sure does i mean p2 elder always has been basically a hybrid of p2/p1, he has p1 leg armor,
p1 style shoulder gun, as you said p1 style face/mandibles, p2 shoulder armor, p1 chest harness, p2 body color.

the 1.0 Elder headsculpt was way more screen accurate than this one. Don't know how they managed to F that up.

so this figure is not for you because it's neither "elder predator" nor "pirate predator". get some comics instead :D

So whats this one's name? I always thought this was Elder Pred, NECA & HT have this name for their product$

I want it but don't need it. Would rather save up for Wolf, P1 and Chopper.

This does look very good though... glad to see Hot Toys is pulling through with their announcement and getting more Predators out.

the 1.0 Elder headsculpt was way more screen accurate than this one. Don't know how they managed to F that up.

Disagree. I think what has most people fooled is the fact that the original headsculpt exaggerated the most noticeable features of the Elder. His forehead appeared larger than the P1's in the movie despite being based on the same sculpt (due to the many wrinkles that drew attention to it and the pale color making it appear more like a flat plane) so the HT version took that concept further by making him look like Frankenstein. Sideshow did the same thing with their 1/5 statue.

Another thing is the photos for this new figure don't really have any shots from below, looking up at the figure (which is the main angle we saw in the film as his head was almost always tilted upward). The old figure, on the other hand, was almost exclusively shot from a lower angle in its prototype pics...

1ElderPredator.jpg

...and when you actually see it head-on or from above, you can tell just how odd it looks.

review_pred2elder_14.jpg

Source: Jeff Parker's review on Michael Crawford's website

^ Compare the photo above to one of the few movie shots where he was looking downward:

Predator2_120.jpg

Some shots of the film mask showing the actual prop as less "tall" or "vertical" than HT's first attempt:

p2elder.jpg

predator_2.jpg

The only thing that's really off about the new sculpt is the mandible pose, which I did a crappy modification of in PS to show the immense similarities to P1 (what the Elder mask was based on).

6fxopw.png

Thinking about it more, the pose HT ended up going with is actually closer to the film than I initially thought because both the upper and lower mandibles were in more of a halfway-open position.

up_15.jpg

They're simply not open enough.

Last edited:
Sideshow is having a 24 hr. coupon that can be used to save $15 on a pre-order. Have you guys got it?

The coupon code is "REWARD13". On the main page, click on the "Shop Gifts!" icon in the right-hand corner and enter the promo code to get 300 Reward Points ($15). Make sure you're logged into your account! And keep in mind it's a Promo Code, NOT a Coupon code you use to check-out with. The points will expire after 24 hrs so you do have to use them ASAP!

On that note, this is absolutely hilarious to me that Hot Toys is redoing the Elder Predator! Not because it's bad thing but because I had them ALL.

My first Hot Toys figure was the original AVP Scar, they redid that, then there was Celtic, they're redoing that, then I had the original City Hunter and they redid him and now the Elder? Awesome! I sold my whole Hot Toys collection a few years ago and since getting back in it's absolutely a great gift to get these characters again...not only the same ones, but BETTER! Especially considering how much Hot Toys has learned over the years.

For the Predator fans, you know this is a must-have and for the new Hot Toys fans who look at the old Predator figures and WISH you had some of them, now is the time to get the new AND improved versions and get on board.

how do you know you got the discount?

Kinda disappointed we don't have a new head sculpt. This is obviously the Snake head. But it's not bad. And thankfully the tri laser target was added on top of the shoulder cannon!

Did another PS edit, this time posing the mandibles the way they should be for Elder:

hs16dk.png

The fact that this guy looks like P1/Snake isn't necessarily a bad thing, the sculpt itself is how it's supposed to be. After having done this edit, I'm seriously hoping the blowdryer mod would be safe to do because that's really the only problem. The original Elder figure is literally a caricature.

Do you guys think these latest HT Preds will be in super high demand in the near future after they're sold out like the originals were a few years ago? I'm thinking of buying doubles. At least.

Back