Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - MARK XXXVIII Igor Armor - more pics on page 14

Hmm..the feet may be big in comparison to the other 1:6 figures next to it but it is whether they can support and balance the upper body weight and 'lean forward' stance of the Igor design.. I own a 1:6 ThreeA Mongrol figure which is kind of a similar shape and stance (has big feet too).. I make sure that figure always has one fist on the ground in front of it, as an extra support, otherwise it would take nose dives everyday (despite this, it is still awesome imho).

I never held a ThreeA figure, how do they compare in weight to HT 1/6's? That thing looks heavy as hell :lol

I never held a ThreeA figure, how do they compare in weight to HT 1/6's? That thing looks heavy as hell :lol

Yup, its heavy (heavier than my IronMonger) with a lot of the weight in the arms. The Igor looks top heavy as well, so I strongly suspect its going to need either very careful posing or a stand that counterweights it properly, otherwise I think balance is going to be an issue.

yeah! spend $300 on the armor that had 7 seconds total screentime!!

Does Igor have flight capability ? Do we ever see him in the intro of all the armors ?

who cares about screen time? the coolness factor overwhelms all that. :lecture

I'd love to see this in a red and gold scheme in front of the HT Hulk.

Echo Balrog and Darkmatter... it's not ok for peeps to buy it just because it looks cool?

Actually tempted to get this. If its below $500, i might get it.

Still no pictures of Igor's back...also Igor kinda looks like a giant "Ninja Turtle" but still very cool.

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXVIII - Heavy Lifting Suit - IGOR

Just a lurker's observation, but isn't the Igor suit a primarily practical suit, ie for lifting and stuff? If that's the case, why did G-G opt to present theirs in an aggressive fighting pose? Seems kind of try-hard.

I personally like the finish on the GG version better.

Agreed, more metallic looking shine and some charred areas that make it look like it just went through battle.

Just a lurker's observation, but isn't the Igor suit a primarily practical suit, ie for lifting and stuff? If that's the case, why did G-G opt to present theirs in an aggressive fighting pose? Seems kind of try-hard.

Because it looks cool :lecture

By the way this is essentially the gentle Giants thread now, right? so should be moved.

Still no pictures of Igor's back...also Igor kinda looks like a giant "Ninja Turtle" but still very cool.

This is the GG statue picture of his back posted in the SDCC thread, I don't think HT's would differ much:

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-049.jpg

I think that back spine looks really cool. In fact, the back almost looks better than the front! :lol

A nice feature they can add to this figure is for his spine to pull up the rod that came out of it in the movie to help hold up something on his back.

Back