Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he's a keeper for me as well.
This is my most favorite IM figure to come out. I actually sold my reg. MK VII as it looked toyish in real life... I was also let down by the HS likeness as well. The BD HS one on the other hand has really satisfying RDJ likeness, and the BD details with the dull paint finish make the figure more realistic looking as well. I'm going to enjoy having it on my display.

this, for me, is the best IM armor yet. I think the ones coming down the pike will eclipse it, but for now, its the one to own for my tastes. i was not impressed by any pics i saw, in hand, sans forced lighting or flashes, it looks very naturally dirty or damaged. its very muted and warm, not bright. i just love it.

oddly, i hate the base. its far too big and they should have released this with the hulk as intended. it takes up too much room in a detolf and hogs the entire shelf.

I'm excited to pick up mine today and experience the in-hand look of the figure after staring at the awesome pics in this forum for several days now LOL

Man, a LCS got me all excited because they told me they were getting one of these in and would sell it to me for $295, then called today and said they weren't getting it. Booooooo

Man, a LCS got me all excited because they told me they were getting one of these in and would sell it to me for $295, then called today and said they weren't getting it. Booooooo

or maybe they are but are selling it for $600 and didnt want to tell you that. happened to me with fury and hawkeye.

or maybe they are but are selling it for $600 and didnt want to tell you that. happened to me with fury and hawkeye.

Certainly possible. He told me he didn't know it wasn't available for wholesale price and just put in an order with his rep at sideshow months ago and forgot about it, called today and got told the order wasn't placed bc it wasn't available out retailers.

Another gripe I have is the crappy light bleed on these things. If you turn on the hands the whole damn hand glows, same with the head too. I really don't want to have to paint parts black and then repaint in color to stop the light from showing through.

Yea.... I'll say it again.... AWESOME FIGURE!!!

It's a great piece with the helmet on, but the Stark sculpt is what really makes this shine; that open helmet look seriously boosts this fig to the next level IMO.

If you can swing it and you're a big enough fan, I think that having both versions of the VII is a no-brainer, no question must. If you suit the regular MK VII up with all its BD parts than it becomes similar to the BD version; but the fully clean VII wearing the helmet and fitted with the shoulder & thigh armor plates, and the BD version with the Stark sculpt are two VERY different figures.

Congrats to all who scored this. It’s gold!!!

They are putting on ebay instead for $600, more than likely. I actually saw and heard a comic shop owner tell an employee he was going to put a newly in stock item on ebay instead of selling in his store at the normal price because it was worth more there.

They are putting on ebay instead for $600, more than likely. I actually saw and heard a comic shop owner tell an employee he was going to put a newly in stock item on ebay instead of selling in his store at the normal price because it was worth more there.

Thats what i call some bull****!

BDMarkVIIampHULK_zps52f7a25c.jpeg

:hi5:

Actually, it's a smart business decision.

You'd do it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Its a stupid Business decision cause unless you were just running an Ebay store you depend on returning customers and ****ing those customers for some quick stupid cash is dumb. The ROI of the customer is so much grater than that of a Single figure sold once.

Its a stupid Business decision cause unless you were just running an Ebay store you depend on returning customers and ****ing those customers for some quick stupid cash is dumb. The ROI of the customer is so much grater than that of a Single figure sold once.

Not on a limited edition item, it's not. Besides, he was only getting one.

You'd be quite dumb to sell this at retail. Other figures? I'd agree with you any day, there's no need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So you'd rather loose a customer that can Net you about $1000 - $2500 a year plus word of mouth business for a quick $300 after you told said customer you would sell him the figure? Thats not a business decision thats greed.

Back