Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

6a853733gw1dvnw3lzq3uj.jpg

grrrrrr hulk went to dentist .hulk get teeth whitend hulk no like dentist .hulk get bad haircut catwoman got liposuction ..hulk hungry for pizza and preorder..:lol

I am a big fan of the Monkey King Sun Wu Kong, or Son Goku and I always viewed his story of being cast out of Heaven and imprisoned on Earth until he learned humility in the Journey to the West as a nice parallel to Marvel's version of Thor, the God of Thunder. Thor, like Monkey, is a multifaceted and deeply layered character despite his great power and royal birth. But that's just how I see things.

Funny you mention that, they just recently included the Monkey King to the Marvel roster last year.

68e0c3f02ca7e73dc8bbc17ff1efe93c.jpg

Hulk (& Catwoman) by plastic enemies is still the Ani-Con Prototype
Understood, but what's surprising to me is that prototype is close enough to being final that pre-orders will be up soon; I thought it looked like it had a ways to go yet. Secondly, I was surprised that Plastic Enemies didn't pose the "rubber" arms at all. To me that says that either the arms aren't rubber and don't bend at all, or at the very least that prototype doesn't have rubber arms but the final will.

Understood, but what's surprising to me is that prototype is close enough to being final that pre-orders will be up soon; I thought it looked like it had a ways to go yet. Secondly, I was surprised that Plastic Enemies didn't pose the "rubber" arms at all. To me that says that either the arms aren't rubber and don't bend at all, or at the very least that prototype doesn't have rubber arms but the final will.

Those were anicom pics, PE doesnt have it in hand

I dont think any of the ones we have seen have rubber arms, and here is why: they've all held their arms in exactly the same position, as far as the bend at the elbow. If the arms bent, people would be wanting to show thier flexibility.

I have a really hard time believing that fans are seeing nothing but this, then when the figure is delivered, suddenly BAM! he's going to have bendy arms. But what do I know, probably nothing.

I'm not one to usually harp, but, the head sculpt looks nothing like him... I mean, I really don't see it... The body seems too upright... Lack of movement in the torso would limit him from hunching over. I LOVE the hulk and always have even before the movie, but I reall don't get this figure at all. To me it seems like a $25 Walmart special.

To me it seems like a $25 Walmart special.
Although a bit harsh, I can understand this. If I never had a clue that HT was doing a Hulk figure & I saw this pic .....

6a853733gw1dvnw3lzq3uj.jpg

& someone said "Hey, check out this Hasbro deluxe Hulk figure. It's only $25.", I don't know if I'd even be surprised. I might even be thinking "Nah, pass, that Barbie Catwoman looks better." :lol

Better to see some more official pics. That pic is
puke.gif

Although a bit harsh, I can understand this. If I never had a clue that HT was doing a Hulk figure & I saw this pic & someone said "Hey, check out this Hasbro deluxe Hulk figure. It's only $25.", I don't know if I'd even be surprised. I might even be thinking "Nah, pass, that Barbie Catwoman looks better." :lol

I hate to say it, but I am really starting to agree. The arms, the slightly-off model head, the overly defined torso... They seem very much like a "toy-ized" version of Avengers Hulk- Like something Hasbro would do. I really expected much more out of the Hot Toys version.

I REALLY hope this sees some major revisions before the final product. Right now, it only really works for me from the waist down. The torso, head, and (obviously) the arms all need to work IMHO.

Sallah

I'm not one to usually harp, but, the head sculpt looks nothing like him... I mean, I really don't see it... The body seems too upright... Lack of movement in the torso would limit him from hunching over. I LOVE the hulk and always have even before the movie, but I reall don't get this figure at all. To me it seems like a $25 Walmart special.

Although a bit harsh, I can understand this. If I never had a clue that HT was doing a Hulk figure & I saw this pic .....

[IMG

& someone said "Hey, check out this Hasbro deluxe Hulk figure. It's only $25.", I don't know if I'd even be surprised. I might even be thinking "Nah, pass, that Barbie Catwoman looks better." :lol

Better to see some more official pics. That pic is [IMG

I hate to say it, but I am really starting to agree. The arms, the slightly-off model head, the overly defined torso... They seem very much like a "toy-ized" version of Avengers Hulk- Like something Hasbro would do. I really expected much more out of the Hot Toys version.

I REALLY hope this sees some major revisions before the final product. Right now, it only really works for me from the waist down. The torso, head, and (obviously) the arms all need to work IMHO.

Sallah

:goodpost: :exactly:

Thinking of all the other better looking figs i could get instead of this

:monkey4

HT better improve on this

New sculpt means a new mold is necessary.

This isn't a TrueType body that can be covered with clothes. There appears to be much more engineering/planning involved with Hulk.

Let's take the Iron Monger as an example.
It's 17.5" in height. It comes with an Obadiah Stane head sculpt. There's no real need to "hide" shoulder, elbow, knees, etc. joints. I bring that up because (obviously) the joints for a Hulk figure need much more time spent in R&D. This is evident by how vocal the members here are with the elbows.

List price for the Iron Monger... $479.

So, even at $350 for a bare bones Hulk might be underpriced. Who knows? We're all speculating still. :peace

I get all your points, but I'm still not sold this is a $300.00 figure much less a $350.00 figure. I hope I'm right because I want a Hulk.

i dont care about R&D costs and what not...
i just care about getting a high-end figure representation of Hulk :monkey2

starting to thinking about going the statue route for hulk
any good sixth scale statues out there?

i just dont like how their PF's end up looking in production
just saw a Cap PF at my lcs, and paint was hideous

I think you guys should seriously consider quiting this hobby.

I really don´t think that you EVER will find something "good" again.

Seriously... I just see people complaining about the Bruce Wayne headsculpt for the next DX...

People here saying this Hulk looks a Hasbro figure...

I don´t think you´re capable to find joy in this hobby anymore, guys...

Really sorry for you... It´s been one of the better times for me, personally... It´s kind of sad to see people not capable of enjoy all this...

Seriously... I just see people complaining about the Bruce Wayne headsculpt for the next DX...

Really sorry for you... It´s been one of the better times for me, personally... It´s kind of sad to see people not capable of enjoy all this...

:goodpost::exactly::yess:

Wellsaid.

I love HT's obsession with Marvel. If they announce a Mark III 2.0, I'll be in paradise.

You're not allowed to utter a single complaint about any figure from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back