Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically the price is Sideshows deal not hot toys.

Answer for most upset about the price, don't get it at sideshow :wave

Yep just like I said in one of my more recent posts, it's makes no sense to get this from SS since they aren't offering free shipping on this one

I think mechanical web shooters are more believable and realistic than ejaculating super strong webs from.... Sweat pores in the wrist? Don't get me wrong, I liked Spidey 1/2. But I also like the realistic direction superhero movies are trending towards

Neither explanation is plausible, period. Not remotely. Neither is Spidey.

Organic webshooters are a more elegant solution. Streamlines the origin for a film in which time is a premium. Doesn't make any more sense than, well, spider-sense, but no one wants to see the story of a boy who is bitten by a radioactive spider and dies of leukemia.

Mechanical shooters strengthen Peter by highlighting his intelligence. The Ultimate origin also uses them to strengthen ties with his dad, and there's decades of cheap suspense that came from Peter running out of fluid. However, it is hard to imagine a kid, no matter how bright, both developing the formula AND shooters of such fine precision. Its also unfathomable that he never sold the design to 3M or the defense department. So the shooters add some things, but also drag some baggage with them.

Organic webshooters are a more elegant solution. Streamlines the origin for a film in which time is a premium. Doesn't make any more sense than, well, spider-sense, but no one wants to see the story of a boy who is bitten by a radioactive spider and dies of leukemia.

Mechanical shooters strengthen Peter by highlighting his intelligence. The Ultimate origin also uses them to strengthen ties with his dad, and there's decades of cheap suspense that came from Peter running out of fluid. However, it is hard to imagine a kid, no matter how bright, both developing the formula AND shooters of such fine precision. Its also unfathomable that he never sold the design to 3M or the defense department. So the shooters add some things, but also drag some baggage with them.

Early on in the comics, like within the first 10 issues, he does try to sell the formula but folk aren't interested because it only last for an hour or so

I know that's the ol' innocent Stan Lee days, but at least they thought about it!

If you think about, Spidey is one money grabbing sucka! Tries to join the FF cuz he thinks he'll get paid, becomes a wrestler to get paid, tries to sell his web fluid to get paid

I tekk ya he'a one empty web cartridge from pulling tricks on the street corner.

"just leave the mask on Spidey, it's part of my kick" THWIP!

I think in a movie where a guy gets spider powers and another guy turns into a giant lizard we can surely accept a teenager could built a bit of advanced tech!:dunno

Love the look of the figure. Very close likeness to the movie counterpart. Though I have to agree with people that Hot Toys MUST make an extra mask for the figure to hold when using Garfield's head sculpt. Especially since in the movie, he does take it off quite a bit. (And also since the accessories that the figure has seems kinda lackluster for now) :monkey1:monkey1

Also, I've seen the movie already (it was pretty awesome), and even though his eyes have a yellow tint, it isn't AS yellow as the Hot Toys one. Hope they change that. :panic: Other than that, this is a must buy for me! :clap

I like the web shooter because of not only the issues it created in the comic but the way he used to change the formula to be more effective againist certin foes, like adding garlic to fight morfius.

Hmmmm...You mean,

1 x Hot Toys = 5 x Medicom
1 x Medicom = 10 x DC Direct
1 x DC Direct = 10 Mattel

Something like that?

:wink1:

I like your thinking!

Also:

1 Hot Toys= Mortgage payment
1 Medicom= Doctor's visit
1 DCD= Ticket to Six Flags
1 Mattel= Night at cheap motel

:dunno I'm just going to have to disagree with almost everything you stated.

:goodpost:

Here is another Fact-

The Dollar has been devalued for years, which creates an Inflationary price (creating higher prices and costs to produce goods).The Dollar has lost its buying power and it is still steadily in decline.

"The price of gas hasn't risen at all since 1964. You can still buy a gallon of gas for two silver dimes."

Two silver dimes in 1964 was 20 cents...

those Two 'Silver' dimes 'today' will buy you the same gallon of gas. ;)

As the Dollar continues its decline,expect to continue to pay higher prices for our beloved Sideshow and Hot Toys figures..

The average price for a hot toys figure was about $150 two years ago. Now it is $220. The dollar has declined in value, but not that huge of an amount in two years.

Lol, niet zo zeiken ouwe. Denk niet dat ____'s daarover inzitten.

<< Zeur je ook als mensen ____ing zeggen dat dat een normale bezigheid is om voort te planten en daar derhalve niet gespot mee dient te worden?

eikel. :p

Come on fellow Freaks, the ability to swear and cuss in other languages is a real bonus ( I can give you a virtually unending torrent of profanity in Spanish if you'd like me to) but this is going too far, don't you think?

This is for the 1/6 scale, new movie, Spidey figure...and not the forum for debating the ethics morals and legality of anything.

If it's any consolation eczamurai, I know for a fact that your English is superb, certainly way above anything I could come up with in Dutch...Wat vindt u ervan?

I like the web shooter because of not only the issues it created in the comic but the way he used to change the formula to be more effective againist certin foes, like adding garlic to fight morfius.

wasn't it Morbeus? not trying to be a jackass, just curious.

Back