Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
asmfix.jpg

I'd be happy if they just added some kind of semi reflective lens to it. I liked what Calcifer did to the costume on his image but I'd be happy if they just toned down the colors. I may even just muck it up a bit when I get it.

Actually now that I think about it, I remember seeing a sticker you can get for windows and they have a similar reflective finish. Maybe I'll look into that if HT doesn't :(

This would make this figure almost perfect, I like the toned down eyes and the filthy looking suit. wonder if hot toys will be inclined to do this to the figure.

Hot toys have made the suit as it is when he makes the suit, it's standard look, just like all the other superhero figures they've done.

Spidey looks to get his suit dirtied up quite a bit so it's almost a different look when dirty

I don't have a hot toys spidey in my collection and to be honest I wasn't into the spiderman 3 figures. I know the black spidey is still in stock and I got a 10% code to order it but honestly I just wasnt interested. Now if hot toys did a comic book black spidey, one the looks like the medicom rah (solid black n white spider on his chest) I'd be all over it :yess: Anyway, I agree though theres nothing special as far as what comes with this which is a bummer but I do like it so I ordered it.

Early on in the comics, like within the first 10 issues, he does try to sell the formula but folk aren't interested because it only last for an hour or so

I know that's the ol' innocent Stan Lee days, but at least they thought about it!

If you think about, Spidey is one money grabbing sucka! Tries to join the FF cuz he thinks he'll get paid, becomes a wrestler to get paid, tries to sell his web fluid to get paid

I tekk ya he'a one empty web cartridge from pulling tricks on the street corner.

"just leave the mask on Spidey, it's part of my kick" THWIP!

Fair point, but it won't matter to movie audiences meeting the character for the first time. And I just don't believe there would be no interest in a temporary adhesive.

Yea ssm was awesome. I tried to give ultimate a chance but they screwed venom up so bad that I dropped it.

Wasn't sure if i wanted this but again like most hot toys figures the more i see the more i want it! Im hoping for the lizard

Neither explanation is plausible, period. Not remotely. Neither is Spidey.

Organic webshooters are a more elegant solution. Streamlines the origin for a film in which time is a premium. Doesn't make any more sense than, well, spider-sense, but no one wants to see the story of a boy who is bitten by a radioactive spider and dies of leukemia.

Mechanical shooters strengthen Peter by highlighting his intelligence. The Ultimate origin also uses them to strengthen ties with his dad, and there's decades of cheap suspense that came from Peter running out of fluid. However, it is hard to imagine a kid, no matter how bright, both developing the formula AND shooters of such fine precision. Its also unfathomable that he never sold the design to 3M or the defense department. So the shooters add some things, but also drag some baggage with them.

Being bitten by the Radioactive spider gave Peter an intuitive sense that combined with his innate intelligence to help him to develop his web shooters and the fluid. If you read the comics you would know that he DID try to sell his web fluid as an adhesive to a chemical company, which, during the demonstration, really impressed the scientists, but then, when the web failed, the scientists said they couldn't use it, because it wasn't permanent.
Spider Man's webs dissolve over time so that they basically disappear so there is none left after awhile.
The webshooters showcase SpiderMan's intelligence, and the whole idea of him have organic ones made him seem creepy and stupid by comparison, not to mention the fact that there is no good way to explain where the glands that produce said web fluid are, and the fact that they would have to displace muscles and tendons, or cause him to have obvious bumps on his forearms. Ridiculous. Forget all about Peter Parker being able to go short sleeved then. The whole organic webshooters in the previous Spiderman movies was patently absurd.

If you read the comics you would know that he DID try to sell his web fluid as an adhesive to a chemical company

I've mentioned this also, but to be fair, I don't think everyone who reads the comics may have neccesarily read the very earliest issues when this happens.

To be fair though, I think any adhesive compay would be happy to take the formula as is and then work on it to make it permanent.

Man, Spider-man is so unrealistic...

Sounds like the movie is a big hit in Asia so far, we might get more ASM figures than we thought. :pray:

Also, I really hope they tweak the colors on Spidey, I'm fine with things the way they are, but the improvements would make the figure perfect.

Back