Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were turning an iconic character like Peter Parker into a black man I can see people's point. But Electro, really? He's a villian and hardly an iconic one. His genetic makeup doesn't really matter.

:exactly::exactly:

I'm working on a body to go along with the Peter Parker HS, it's still a wip.

downsized_0108131959_zps1991e3af.jpg

downsized_0108132003_zps0a9a9df4.jpg
Really nice body! Will you add him skateboard?

Its not the one disagreement, its the wholesale acceptance of just about anything Hollywood throws at us, whether or not its canon, whether or not it even makes sense, whether or not it adds anything to the story.

Hey, if you guys are cool with all of Spidey's villains being tied to Oscorp, if you're fine with the nonsensical reshuffling of race/age/sex casting choices, if it would not matter to you if Zooey Deschanel gets cast as GG1 risen from the grave.... not my problem.

I loved the Amazing Spider-Man. I was on the fence about buying this figure, but as much as I enjoyed the movie I am leaning towards buying it.

Go for it. You know you want to. :nana::lol

Day one purchase for me, figures like this and Wolverine I'm just going to have to get from the word go just because I cant wait to see what the suit feels like in hand

:exactly::hi5:

I grew up reading Spiderman from an early age, as well as many other comics (my uncle owned a chain of comicbook stores in the 80s). I personally don't have a huge problem with Hollywood making character origin changes or taking other creative license with the original storylines. All I care about is if the characters are cast well and if the story/dialogue is well written. I think the most important thing is to capture the "feel" of a charcter and their world. If Hollywood stuck to the books on every detail, these films would never get made. Just my two cents. :)

The DC forums get really nasty. I usually stalk and say very little over there. The marvel side is definitely more friendly.

I know how you feel. With the recent in-hand photo's of the Joker DX 2.0 the place is pandemonium! :lol
Marvel threads rule! :yess: :1-1:

That's actually very true, I'm gonna guess that's partly down to the fact Enterbay done do Marvel ;)

:lol :lol

Although they are doing a Jamie Foxx sculpt from Django, and it looks awesome. :lol
Might pick up the head on eBay when it's released.

Its not the one disagreement, its the wholesale acceptance of just about anything Hollywood throws at us, whether or not its canon, whether or not it even makes sense, whether or not it adds anything to the story.

Hey, if you guys are cool with all of Spidey's villains being tied to Oscorp, if you're fine with the nonsensical reshuffling of race/age/sex casting choices, if it would not matter to you if Zooey Deschanel gets cast as GG1 risen from the grave.... not my problem.

So...what is your problem then? lol

So, I'm curious if the suit will hinder this figure's articulation. The suit looks pretty tight. I know every time I pose my Avengers Cap I'm terrified I am going to rip his suit. I wonder if it will be an issue with Spider-Man.

I know how you feel. With the recent in-hand photo's of the Joker DX 2.0 the place is pandemonium! :lol
Marvel threads rule! :yess: :1-1:

From what i've seen Joker looks great, what are they *****ing about now, does he have a hair out of place?

So, I'm curious if the suit will hinder this figure's articulation. The suit looks pretty tight. I know every time I pose my Avengers Cap I'm terrified I am going to rip his suit. I wonder if it will be an issue with Spider-Man.

Probably will be as flexible as the current Spidey figures

From what i've seen Joker looks great, what are they *****ing about now, does he have a hair out of place?

I don't think I have enough characters to list all the complaints. :lecture

:lol:lol
The moan complaints are that there are paint printing dots in the paint, the coat is like a "bath mat", the hair, the price and that the stock sculpt doesn't look like ledger.

Phew!:medic

Probably will be as flexible as the current Spidey figures

I sure hope so! Ever since the specs were released it looked to me as if the suit is made of a much less posable material, and if there is one figure that needs a posable suit material it's Spidey! :lecture

could anyone help, i am in the uk and i am trying to order this from sideshow collectibles but for some reason when i click checkout it states that this is not available for my region anyone help?

could anyone help, i am in the uk and i am trying to order this from sideshow collectibles but for some reason when i click checkout it states that this is not available for my region anyone help?

^ thats strange, it should go through, i've never had that roblem. Best to ring them.

Likewise :dunno The majority of my figures have come direct from SSC to me here in England. I have just tried a 'dummy run' order for this (without taking the final step of actually ordering it) and would have gone through just fine.

Go through your account details with a fine-toothed-comb to check that all your info entries/selections/check-boxes show your UK status, it may be something you have accidentally missed. It is easily done, believe me.

That would be my immediate suggestion.

It should work, but this guy posted this exact message in the Medicom ASM thread as well so I think he might have got the threads mixed up. :dunno

Back