Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:clap:clap

:exactly::lecture

On another note,

I picked up Spider-Man: Big Time today (ASM 648-652). Anybody ever read it? Is it good? :dunno :pray:

I THINK I downloaded a bunch of those issues when they were on sale on the marvel app a while ago. I think I remember them being quite good. Nothing phenomenal but still a decent read. I think. :lol sorry, in hindsight this post isn't that helpful. :lol

I got X-Men's complete series about a year ago from HMV too. The packaging is cool, like Spidey's, with comic fonts and terrific disc art. It feels really complete.

I THINK I downloaded a bunch of those issues when they were on sale on the marvel app a while ago. I think I remember them being quite good. Nothing phenomenal but still a decent read. I think. :lol sorry, in hindsight this post isn't that helpful. :lol

:lol

Thanks for making some sort of contribution. I guess i'll have to wait and see.

Thanks man. :1-1:

After I finish this story, the Gauntlet is next. Seems like a good read.

Yeah I agree, Greg Brady has the perfect voice for Spidey. I always read the comics in his voice. Perfection.

I'm working on a body to go along with the Peter Parker HS, it's still a wip.

downsized_0108131959_zps1991e3af.jpg

downsized_0108132003_zps0a9a9df4.jpg

That looks tremendous! Great work man. Where did you get the jacket? It looks really great. All your short is a skateboard, try eBay.

There are a few guys on here that have 1:6 Air Max runners. You should enquire about that. Would look really well.

Thanks fellas.

That looks tremendous! Great work man. Where did you get the jacket? It looks really great. All your short is a skateboard, try eBay.

There are a few guys on here that have 1:6 Air Max runners. You should enquire about that. Would look really well.

The jacket is from Soldier Story, it's an easy find on ebay, I still need to dye it brown. The pants are Barney Ross jeans from HT that I dyed and taliored into "skinny" jeans. I already have a skateboard on order and I will check out those shoes, thanks brother.

Newspaper for whoever wants it.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102981

:lol

Thanks for making some sort of contribution. I guess i'll have to wait and see.

Thanks man. :1-1:

After I finish this story, the Gauntlet is next. Seems like a good read.

My pleasure. Haha. Cool, I've been thinking about picking up the gauntlet too. Seems like it encompasses a good amount of classic spidey villains.

Foxx is a great actor, but Ramatuelle makes a very valid point:

"They are not only changing Electro's racial makeup, but his origin and literally everything about the character."

This is something that a lot of fans might get annoyed by. If there are people complaining because Spidey's suit was not very in line with the comics then the ethnicity of Electro is sure to spark a few arguments.

Personally, It doesn't bother me. But one thing is for sure, I cannot wait until the first trailer. So excited. :impatient:

If they were turning an iconic character like Peter Parker into a black man I can see people's point. But Electro, really? He's a villian and hardly an iconic one. His genetic makeup doesn't really matter.

I got X-Men's complete series about a year ago from HMV too. The packaging is cool, like Spidey's, with comic fonts and terrific disc art. It feels really complete.

I got that too, it's awesome! Love the theme tune so much :D

I very much enjoyed The Amazing Spider Man... I also enjoyed the Lizard, and thought the screen version was great.. The added touches to the origin story were great, and love the new May and Uncle Ben. I thought I would hate the new Peter and the costume and was very pleased with Garfeild and the new suit. I'm excited to see more and hopefully AS 2 will be even better. I think Foxx will do an outstanding job, as Molina did as Doc Ock in Spiderman 2. The let down for me in Spiderman was actually The Green Goblin, bad acting, and super bad costume, and we won't even talk about Spiderman 3....

As for the new HT Amazing Spider man.. looking forward to this, and am even tempted on the Medicom one...but will most definitely wait for the HT version..:)

Last edited:
I may be in the minority here, but I really liked the new Spider-man.

I actually liked it more than the Raimi movies. There was just something a little more fun about it. The Raimi movies had a few moments that just always made me roll my eyes.

I still enjoyed them thought, with 2 being the best.

I loved the Amazing Spider-Man. I was on the fence about buying this figure, but as much as I enjoyed the movie I am leaning towards buying it.

Day one purchase for me, figures like this and Wolverine I'm just going to have to get from the word go just because I cant wait to see what the suit feels like in hand

Back