Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish he looked like this.

Capt.jpg

AFM

Thank God you don't run Marvel.
Yeah, because pirate boots and "fish scales" say soldier more than actual combat boots and body armor...:cuckoo:

It worked for the Ultimate universe AND the films so why not 616 (which btw now has Hawkeye looking like his movie counterpart and a Black Nick Fury as well)? :pfft:

Last edited:
I'm really trying to justify spending the money on this but I can't get over the uniform. And I've seen the movie so I've seen the suit in action, the only time he doesn't look goofy is when he's fighting without the head gear. I mean seriously, he looks like the poster boy for a condom company in this pic.

Yeah, because pirate boots and "fish scales" say soldier more than actual combat boots and body armor...:cuckoo:

It worked for the Ultimate universe AND the films so why not 616 (which btw now has Hawkeye looking like his movie counterpart and a Black Nick Fury as well)? :pfft:

If Cap's classic costume bugs you, I'm not sure you get the 616 universe at all. Have you seen some of the other costumes, or some of the wacky villains they fight? Doesn't sound like it.

And Hawk Eye's current get up wont last. They only did that for the release of the movie. Things like that come and go if you've been following comics for a reasonable amount of time.

If you want realism in comic books, you should probably look in other places rather than Marvel 616. Some people need to quit _____ing that everything needs to be "Christopher Nolan'd" into something more realistic and believable. Lol.

If Cap's classic costume bugs you, I'm not sure you get the 616 universe at all. Have you seen some of the other costumes, or some of the wacky villains they fight? Doesn't sound like it.

And Hawk Eye's current get up wont last. They only did that for the release of the movie. Things like that come and go if you've been following comics for a reasonable amount of time.

If you want realism in comic books, you should probably look in other places rather than Marvel 616. Some people need to quit _____ing that everything needs to be "Christopher Nolan'd" into something more realistic and believable. Lol.

It doesn't bug me....I just happen to think the movie look is a better fit for a soldier...and as I 20 year comic reader I get the 616 universe quite a bit. You took what I said and ran waaaaay out in left field with it.

But for the record if people made comic book movies just to please people who like tights and pirate boots we would not have had the great Batman and Marvel films we have had....the few movies that did try the comic costumes on screen were pretty awful (60s Batman). There is another reason why the Ultimate version of MU got picked up for film...there is an updated coolness about them. Its not about realism inasmuch as it is what outfit looks better...heck TFA even lampooned the idea when Cap performed at the USO in a facsimile costume of his comic counterpart....it looked pretty stupid. I just made the comment that the movie costume is a better looking. Heck I'd be happy if they just dropped the pirate boots and gave him some real shoes....

It doesn't bug me....

Sounds like it bugs you:

those pirate boots just look awful.

"fish scales" say soldier more than actual combat boots and body armor...:cuckoo:

I'd be happy if they just dropped the pirate boots and gave him some real shoes....

:dunno

You took what I said and ran waaaaay out in left field with it.

Not really :rotfl

There is another reason why the Ultimate version of MU got picked up for film...there is an updated coolness about them.

:slap

Sounds like you started reading comics in 2000 :monkey1

It doesn't bug me....I just happen to think the movie look is a better fit for a soldier...and as I 20 year comic reader I get the 616 universe quite a bit. You took what I said and ran waaaaay out in left field with it.

But for the record if people made comic book movies just to please people who like tights and pirate boots we would not have had the great Batman and Marvel films we have had....the few movies that did try the comic costumes on screen were pretty awful (60s Batman). There is another reason why the Ultimate version of MU got picked up for film...there is a updated coolness about them.

It seems to me that the people that most hate they original 616 looks are the younger group of "fans"

Because if they were fans they'd know...there's NOTHING cool about the Ultimate universe....

and...

The 60's Batman was a tv show...not a movie.

animation1dcl71.gif

So that's where the craptastic expression came from :slap

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap

He should have came with that weapon instead of the useless Chituari one.

Agree, I would feel a lot better about the price if they also added this gun. And it had way more screentime

I'm really trying to justify spending the money on this but I can't get over the uniform. And I've seen the movie so I've seen the suit in action, the only time he doesn't look goofy is when he's fighting without the head gear. I mean seriously, he looks like the poster boy for a condom company in this pic.

The problem with the mask is, the wings are painted on the side of the helmet. Having the wings stick out on the sides actually prevents his head from looking like an egg in the comics. Thats whats missing. They were going for comic accuracy but they underestimated how critical wings were to his whole look.

I don't know about the comment that there is nothing cool about the Ultimate Universe? Been reading comics since the 70's. I have a good collection of silver age and what I dont own I have read.

But IMO Ultimate Cap is awesome. He fits the modern world. Also Ultimate Spider Man/Parker was pretty cool until they killed him.

Check out this panel from Civil War Frontline. Where the Reporter asks him about what he is fighting for and why? If he even understands the modern world or modern america.

can someone with decent photoshop skills do me a favor and make the neck (up to the helmet) and belt brown? and instead of having the wings on the helmet cave in, could you make them stick out a little bit? i wanted to implement these changes on the figure but i wanted to see how it looked first.

I don't know about the comment that there is nothing cool about the Ultimate Universe? Been reading comics since the 70's. I have a good collection of silver age and what I dont own I have read.

But IMO Ultimate Cap is awesome. He fits the modern world. Also Ultimate Spider Man/Parker was pretty cool until they killed him.

Check out this panel from Civil War Frontline. Where the Reporter asks him about what he is fighting for and why? If he even understands the modern world or modern america.

I don't know that issue you chose, but...Oh I do hope that you are being ironic...specially with that panel you highlighted..? Were you....Yes, No?

I did wonder, seeing as how all those things she was asking about are the most trivial and pointless wastes of time and energy every. It's no wonder CapA does not know them...they would be of no value to him whatsoever.

Go out and read the issue for yourself in Civil War Frontline issue 11.
What she makes Steve realize is that the his idea of america is dead.

You should pick it up. See what an ass Tony has become as well.

Oh yeah after watching the Movie I ended up ordering the figure. I all ready have an M4 all ready for him.

Back