Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this?
Capt.jpg

Shweet.
Much better.
Have you seen this take on a modern Cap?
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...on/634287-my-take-modern-captain-america.html

Ummm... silly. No neck protection and chin strap didn't work with this suit IMM0.
I believe that the final AVE design looks great on its own.

Hmmm. The issue I have with the costume is not in profile, but head on, where the 'bobblehead' appearance is more pronounced. That's why I prefer the helmet-off look, despite the poorer headsculpt from HT.

I know what you mean. I just don't see how else they could have done it without looking goofy to some extent.

:peace

Well, all they had to do was to use the incredible design of the first Cap movie and modernize it a bit (i.e. boots, gloves and gauntlets, etc.) and KEEP THE DAMN CHIN STRAP. Try to imagine for a moment that the first Cap movie never existed and that its suit had been used for The Avengers...I promise you it would not have looked goofy at all.

Well, all they had to do was to use the incredible design of the first Cap movie and modernize it a bit (i.e. boots, gloves and gauntlets, etc.) and KEEP THE DAMN CHIN STRAP. Try to imagine for a moment that the first Cap movie never existed and that its suit had been used for The Avengers...I promise you it would not have looked goofy at all.

I remember seeing a shot of the TFA costume before I knew anything about the movie. I assumed it was set in the present day (an update of the classic hero costume that I thought we'd see in flashbacks).

I remember seeing a shot of the TFA costume before I knew anything about the movie. I assumed it was set in the present day (an update of the classic hero costume that I thought we'd see in flashbacks).

I thought the TFA suit was too futuristic looking for WWII before I warmed up to it. I like the Avengers suit, but they didn't need to do a massive overhaul. Wish they had left the ears open on the mask and done something to make Evans jaw appear more strong. He looks like a cosplayer in the mask in the movie.

I thought the TFA suit was too futuristic looking for WWII before I warmed up to it. I like the Avengers suit, but they didn't need to do a massive overhaul. Wish they had left the ears open on the mask and done something to make Evans jaw appear more strong. He looks like a cosplayer in the mask in the movie.

well,the cover over the ears clearly was used for the comlink he had to wear ,used forcommunicating with the other guys,and actually,i dont think the new headgear looked so bad at all .at leats much better than at the pics,no idea why.

photostream

I don't know who ever did this but I always thought it looked pretty sweet. I hope they go for a look kind of like this in the next one, minus the leather pouches.

Just saw the film....fighting the urge to just pre order the thing!! Cap was the man in this film.

All were great. I'm relieved that no one actually sucked. Even relatively bland Hawkeye and Black Widow saw great action and character moments.

I kinda liked the way Cap was the first one sent in to confront Loki - the others hadn't been 'assembled' yet. Though obviously Iron Man was en route.

TFA looked good because it was a blend of Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap.
Reading these threads it's amazing how many people (not referring to anyone in this thread) don't read the comics.

Today is free comic day by the way.

Back