Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I hope that is a joke, or sarcasm or something. Because I am never going to be in favor of LOWERING the bar, when we are talking about a $200-ish collectible. Nope.

You're 100% right. But I think his point was that until you get a taste that better exists, you don't realize that better exists. Everyone realizes that HT could do better based on their wins with other HS. I'm certain he never meant dropping quality.

after looking at more pics of this i am so pleased to be getting this, and the unmasked hs is growing on me more and more im torn on how to display this

i know its tough choice,also i have noticed looking back to a few other hot toys figures from not too long ago including thor v1 and say what you will bout the likeness isssues but the standard of actual detail in regards to a real human face is soo much better

On ebay:
AK11.jpg
AK7.jpg

https://www.caltekonline.com/index.php?product=411

HT sculpt is one of their best in terms of likeness, but the expression just looks wrong. Mouth expression doesn't match the rest of the features - it's like they sculpted a stern face and then just changed the mouth without changing the rest of it to match (cheek area, brows, eyes)

Last edited:
I must say im really digging the unmasked sculpt, and am glad they got a bit of expression in there

Do i prefer an animated face over stern face for Cap? NO
But am I happy with it? YES

It looks good enough for what I pay :yess:
could have been better, but could have also been worse

HT sculpt is one of their best in terms of likeness, but the expression just looks wrong. Mouth expression doesn't match the rest of the features - it's like they sculpted a stern face and then just changed the mouth without changing the rest of it to match (cheek area, brows, eyes)

Fully agree. :goodpost:

Great likeness, HT just need to fix the mouth area.

Perhaps the shape of the face and the hair are good, but the other details are not there :D
I agree, not much Evans

Yeah, and to be honest, those are the easiest parts to get right. A lot of getting a person's face right is placement of the features and their relative proportions. That [3rd party] face isn't Evans at all.

Back