Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see someone European looking with a Hitler Youth haircut.

This is the Hitler Youth style. it has regained prominence as a style of choice for middle-class white men in their 20's - 30's in major cities between 2010 and 2012. Note the buzzed sides and elongated top, which is often slicked back, parted on the side, or pasted down flat.

jimmy-darmody.jpg

I finally broke down and pre-ordered this. I was going to wait until it was in stock before ordering it, but screw it. there wasnt really any difference in my waiting to ordering it then and now.

I was thinking of the guy on 30 Rock when I said that, there was a great scene where Danny goes off on Kenneth saying something about his ridiculous Hitler youth haircut haha

I did preorder this too because I don't want to wait two years for another CA figure. I just hope they improve on some things both him and Thor.

I think the awesomeness of the masked sculpt more than
makes up for the slight inaccuracy of the unmasked one :rock

Unless you want to display him unmasked.....like I do. That said, I think unmasked sculpt is fine other than wishing they'd gone with a more subtle expression.

Some pics i found while surfing the net :D

Captain-America-Avengers-Hot-Toys-p-13.jpg

I wish they would have made the head and neck as one piece. The separation at the back of the head is not seamless and its bugging me.
Same thing with the superman 2 and 1 where you can only look at it dead center, if you look at it to the side, you're just drawn to the toyish looking neck.

Last edited:
*trying to see if its like tom cruise* nope, i don't see the resemblence

Its a terrible mouth sculpt. Tell yourself its good, tell yourself its good, tell yourself its good.......no it still is bad

For me, when I say likeness, I don't mean spot on. I mean, I get who they intended it to look like. This HS, as is, probably won't see the light of day on my shelf.

Last edited:
Back