Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the crowd that's not really impressed with the Chris Evans sculpt but just like I've been since the original Mk I came out with the Tony Starks head, I'm buying this figure for Captain America and NOT Steve Rogers, and in that case, this figure was knocked out the park:rock

Very true, and Im buying more for the character than the actor but I kind of get tired of people complaining about only one when the others are not much better at all, i.e. Cap, Hawkeye close up pics of the actors don't resemble the sculpts. The Loki, in my opinion is the only Avenger figure that is very accurate. The rest, not so much...

yeah, that's true. But I guess after all my years here, I know this is the typical "low point" in excitement when every small detail is broken down and you just have to ride it out until in-hand pics start coming out and all the naysayers end up putting up pics of their own after buying it anyway:lol

I feel the same. With the exception of Loki, none of the Avengers HS are spot on. Whether its 10% accurate or 90%, I get all the HT for the character. Yes, an accurate HS, is a plus, but thinking about how great all the outfits are is what gets me stoked.

The likeness isn't a problem for me. I'm not feeling the expression though. Like someone else already mentioned "poker face" Steve would have been preferred, and more fitting for the character in terms of personality, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of the more overt facial expressions. I like a subtle expression, like the Loki sculpt. His face has personality, without it being overdone.

That said, I'm still excited about this figure, as I loved Cap a lot more in the movie than I thought I would. I thought he was awesome. Out of the Avengers figures previewed so far, he's probably my second most anticipated after Loki.

I hope they make another Captain America figure with a unmasked sculpt I like the angry one but a natural look would have been better cause the other unmasked sculpt doesnt have that weird expression

I'm going to throw the TFA sculpt onto the Avengers figure and call it a day.

DoNotWant.gif

I feel the same. With the exception of Loki, none of the Avengers HS are spot on. Whether its 10% accurate or 90%, I get all the HT for the character. Yes, an accurate HS, is a plus, but thinking about how great all the outfits are is what gets me stoked.

Yeah but for figures that are $200+ we should be getting accurate head sculpts and not just settle for sub par ones, yeah maybe for a $50 figure you would not care if it wasn't accurate but for HT's.... come on, and I'm not talking about Cap as I think this figure is a home run and both heads are great (even though the unmasked heads mouth just needs to be tweaked and it would be perfect), I'm talking about HT figures in general, just look at the piece of ____ Thor HS, yeah the outfit and the accessories are great but what's the point if the sculpt doesn't even look that much like him, if I'm going to buy a figure for $200 I expect it to look at least 90% accurate, but hey to each his own.

^ completely agree, for a figure worth $200+ it should be accurate to likeness of the actor/actress, and since its clearly stated by ht that they got their likeness,they should got it right. the moment when ht revealed loki, i ask one of my friends to see the pic, and they admit it is TH and looks pretty cool, but when i show the pic of thor, they say the don't see Chris hemsworth

Yeah but for figures that are $200+ we should be getting accurate head sculpts and not just settle for sub par ones, yeah maybe for a $50 figure you would not care if it wasn't accurate but for HT's.... come on, and I'm not talking about Cap as I think this figure is a home run and both heads are great (even though the unmasked heads mouth just needs to be tweaked and it would be perfect), I'm talking about HT figures in general, just look at the piece of ____ Thor HS, yeah the outfit and the accessories are great but what's the point if the sculpt doesn't even look that much like him, if I'm going to buy a figure for $200 I expect it to look at least 90% accurate, but hey to each his own.

How the hell can you see Cap is a home run and Thor is a POS? Neither are accurate. IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE EVANS WTF!! Look closer the mouth and eyes are way off base. Maybe since everyone obviously sees things differently they will always seem OFF.

How the hell can you see Cap is a home run and Thor is a POS? Neither are accurate. IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE EVANS WTF!! Look closer the mouth and eyes are way off base. Maybe since everyone obviously sees things differently they will always seem OFF.

Like I said, the mouth does need some tweaking, but the rest is great, anyway my post was about HT figures in general, not just Thor and Cap. :dunno

Like I said, the mouth does need some tweaking, but the rest is great, anyway my post was about HT figures in general, not just Thor and Cap. :dunno

Oh sorry I wasn't intending for that to just be at you, just bizarre to me how some are saying its only Thor that is bad..

I think a big part of it is because the Thor not only lacks a good resemblance, it also doesn't look that good to a lot of people? Also, Cap does have two head sculpts, so that might soften the blow a bit to the figure thus changing peoples overall opinion. Personally I don't see that many issues with the unmasked head sculpt, I think overall it looks like Chris Evans. The hair is a bit dark though.

I agree, it looks like Evans, just not liking the expression. The rest of the figure looks pretty good.

The Evans masked portrait is glorious. The unmasked could be better, but it's no where near being as bad as the Thor one, imo.

Dude, that meme is so old my grandma is embarrassed for you. :slap :)

Last edited:
Both Evans and Thor HS are GREAT.

After YEARS complaining about neutral expressions, finally HT give us some emotion, and this is what they get...

Cap looks amazing to me, I truly don't know what the complaints are about. No matter what HT does, there's going to be someone who does not like the sculpt.... they're between a rock and a hard place.

Back