Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bad does Cap get mauled by moths? My house has a moth problem (though all my figures are in a display case) so I wanna be careful. It's mostly cause no one ever shuts the back door or windows >_>

Took a few pictures today before I paint the shield.

78721755634540217937.jpg

57032108261023082700.jpg

06233115785798439007.jpg

I'll bet you $50 right now that he is NOT wearing the same costume for the duration of the avengers sequel. It might be shown, but he will 100% have a new look.

Probably. As long as he gets the red and white stripes back, I might actually prefer what they come up with next!

He will be wearing two different suits in the upcoming movie.... One wld be the FA suit, and the other is the newer "stealth" one. Looking forward to seeing what Hot Toys can come out with...

12355365963_c77b575365_o.jpg

12355367283_dbfb571ecc_o.jpg

12355367283_dbfb571ecc_o.jpg

If this was a picture of a figure, people would be complaining that the head is too small for the body.

Evans head is disproportional to his body. :rotfl :lol

There is nothing wrong with my TFA shield or TA shield so far but all these pictures are making me nervous.

I have never made a modification or change to my figures so sorry if this is a dumb question. What is the best way to spray the shields? Distance, left to right, etc. I imagine that if you do it incorrectly it will leave noticeable marks.

I ordered the spray already and hope I can get results like the other members. It sucks that for such a costly hobby we have to scramble like this to try and preserve our figures.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, it's pretty easy. I did mine from about 6 inches away, left to right, right to left, until it was fully covered. Don't put it on too heavy. Just use light strokes. I let it dry for about 8 hours and then did another coat.

Don't panic, if at first it looks like the finish is messed up. It will even and smooth out as it dries.

I'm going to paint my battle damaged shield as well. I can do a video if you want to see someone else do it before you paint yours.

There is nothing wrong with my TFA shield or TA shield so far but all these pictures are making me nervous.

I have never made a modification or change to my figures so sorry if this is a dumb question. What is the best way to spray the shields? Distance, left to right, etc. I imagine that if you do it incorrectly it will leave noticeable marks.

I ordered the spray already and hope I can get results like the other members. It sucks that for such a costly hobby we have to scramble like this to try and preserve our figures.

Thanks in advance.

That would be really great man. I think seeing someone do it first would help me out.

Thanks for the advise.

Honestly, it's pretty easy. I did mine from about 6 inches away, left to right, right to left, until it was fully covered. Don't put it on too heavy. Just use light strokes. I let it dry for about 8 hours and then did another coat.

Don't panic, if at first it looks like the finish is messed up. It will even and smooth out as it dries.

I'm going to paint my battle damaged shield as well. I can do a video if you want to see someone else do it before you paint yours.

That would be really great man. I think seeing someone do it first would help me out.

Thanks for the advise.

I'll try to get it done tonight. I left the tripod for the camera at work yesterday.

I took some pics of the battle damaged shield last night. I shined my pro-tac 600 lumen led flashlight on it so you all can see the cracks that have developed under the paint. This is invisible without the light. I have no doubt that it will get worse and eventually start to flake if not treated.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

Thanks to whoever informed everyone that the battle-damage shield can flake too :clap I sprayed mine and I think everyone should spray theirs as well before any damage begins to show. Fingers-crossed :pray:

Back