Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I have nothing else to paint right now I was looking for something to work on so I decided to repaint the skull and spine from the old P1 to better match the P2 bloody skull and spine. I'm kinda sick of the uniformly bright red one he comes with.

Now I just need to add the blood.

IMG_0555 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Here's the finished bloodied up skull and spine compared to the one that comes with the P2. I also used brass wire (as seen in the above pic) to connect the skull to the spine so I can pose the skull a bit.

IMG_0563 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Mine arrived today. City Hunter is my favorit pred, the figure looks amazing. Paints are great. But.... Some joints are very loose. Right fist often turns out if you make the slightest movement. Head joints too. Also, bio mask is completely fit just by removing the middle part of the jaw. Everything else is great.

aufu.jpg

Ded, have you any experience with "sealing" the dreadlocks on predator figures to stop the rubber from deteriorating? I was wondering if there was any way to do this while keeping some flexibility?

I don't though I have considered trying some sort of acrylic gloss coat on them since I'd prefer them to be gloss. I haven't had any issues with the dreads on my P1 deteriorating though and he's pretty old at this point.

Ah that's good news then, i was concerned my P2's dreads would start to erode over time. I bit the bullet and repainted my city hunters armour, mask and weapons because mine was just flat brown with zero highlights etc and it bothered me every time i looked at him.

So thought i may as well do the whole thing and try and finish the dreads off too :)

They probably will decay over time but it's likely to be a long time. I think the original AvP Preds are still doing fine.

Oh yeah I should note I have blackout curtains and don't turn on lights.

Can just see him saying "come at me bro!" :)

I must have got a really bad figure looking at photos from other collectors, my spear handle was completely black other than the very middle part that was very badly drybrushed, and my armour had no highlighting at all *shrug*

Back