Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not even close; in fact the mandibles are the least of his face problems. The eyes/nose/mouth area is completely wrong given the fact that it's Classic/Shadow's face with longer upper teeth. It really is like painting a goatee on Bruce Wayne and calling it Tony Stark.
Predator2_56.jpg

76988_474909379237724_893016105_n.jpg

Predator2_36.jpg

Predator2_39.jpg

379697_474906925904636_1572391996_n.jpg

Predator2_64.jpg

Predator2_69.jpg

385250_474907072571288_371875557_n.jpg

omg the first movie still scene almost completely ruined p2 for me, hands down a horrible scene and looked and sounded like *****, the third movie still scene is hands down my absolute favorite shot of p2 of the entire movie. Just goes to show you what the right script/lighting/distance will do to improve the look of a suit :lecture. I agree that there are issues with the new figure, and the mandibles and distance from the mouth/nose section is better on the old sculpt, everything else is massively better on the new figure. So ya its upsetting that they didnt have our care for details, but as a whole this figure looks awesome and a major improvement, so i am still gratefull (even tho i am a little mad cuz they have the talent to make it perfect if they cared enough)

and you know there are some if not very many accuracy issues that may diture people from buying this guy, but I will be happy to post pic's of awesome poses when I get him!

Damn, you guys are on another level. It's not till you post pics for comparison that I would've never been able to tell the inaccuracies. I mean, looking at sculpts based on actors, you'd be able to tell right off the bat what is off with the likeness...but preds, that's a different story.

Honestly, did some of you here notice right away with the proto pics? Or did you bring up stills from the movie and then compare?

The **** is embedded in their freaking brains. No need for movie stills n such. I found this out when I joined this site. Madness I tell ya, madness. Of course Id like more accuracy however Im willing to overlook this now. Maybe in another 5-10yrs when this is rereleased will I start to even give a ****

EDIT: Eff u for that Dillon,Id almost gotten that image outta my head:lol

Damn, you guys are on another level. It's not till you post pics for comparison that I would've never been able to tell the inaccuracies. I mean, looking at sculpts based on actors, you'd be able to tell right off the bat what is off with the likeness...but preds, that's a different story.

Honestly, did some of you here notice right away with the proto pics? Or did you bring up stills from the movie and then compare?
If you're familiar with the creature and you've watched the movie dozens of times (33 :lol), you can tell that something about the sculpt is off almost instantly. You have to be a real die-hard fan to know exactly what is off with it without using comparison photos though.

Because we are human and we communicate/socialize with humans daily, it's much easier to notice when a HT human sculpt is inaccurate. Since these are made up monsters, it takes a bit more effort.

The reason people get so upset over the accuracy of the predators is because, well, what is Hot Toys known for? Astounding accuracy. Some of their human figures are so life-like that you could mistake them for the actual actors. Because so many people can't really tell the difference between predators though, Hot Toys can get away with half-assing their sculpts.

That's a damn shame. For as long as I can remember, pred figs have always been chewed on for inaccuracies. Granted, complaints are thrown around for their human efforts, but more so for preds.

Isn't it time HT hired another sculptor then?

That's a damn shame. For as long as I can remember, pred figs have always been chewed on for inaccuracies. Granted, complaints are thrown around for their human efforts, but more so for preds.

Isn't it time HT hired another sculptor then?
Yeah, they should hire a new sculptor. They just don't have any real need to right now. The predators, despite the inaccuracies, are still some of their best-selling figures.

What we need is a rival company that will make 1/6 predator figures. I wish NECA would attempt the high-end market.

The **** is embedded in their freaking brains. No need for movie stills n such. I found this out when I joined this site. Madness I tell ya, madness. Of course Id like more accuracy however Im willing to overlook this now. Maybe in another 5-10yrs when this is rereleased will I start to even give a ****

EDIT: Eff u for that Dillon,Id almost gotten that image outta my head:lol

this is impossible to erase out of your mind just like this picture

10104.jpg

Back