Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you just need to look at ebay and the for sale section to see all for the originals trying to be sold for a cheaper than re-issued price ;-)

I have a question, do this new P2's neck joint is same with the Shadow predator and Classic Predator?

Thank you.

BD P2 was my first Hot Toys predator. Got it back when they cost $130. His head sculpt isn't completely accurate, but it screams "P2".

63381_press13-001.jpg

03-4.jpg

I think the mandibles here are way more accurate, they look wayyyy more P2 than the new one.

I saw this earlier for the first tine since release and thought it looked amazing.

Came here and everyones complaining about some tiny details, what a ****in surprise.
Tiny details? Like how they're using someone else's freakin' face for the figure? If Hot Toys painted a goatee on their Bruce Wayne headsculpt and shipped it as the new Tony Stark figure, would you call that a tiny detail?

Tiny details? Like how they're using someone else's freakin' face for the figure? If Hot Toys painted a goatee on their Bruce Wayne headsculpt and shipped it as the new Tony Stark figure, would you call that a tiny detail?

Wow apples to oranges .......... the people that miss out on this guy is perfect for me.Makes my personal display more bada$$ than theres :yess:
The head does look much better than the proto shot

I like the old BD HS as much as the next guy. But before we go handing out tuggies for the version one city hunter, let us not forget about those horrible eyes.

Predator_2_Unmasked___Hot_Toys_by_predator_fan.jpg

The thing I used to hate about this figure was the fact that you pretty much had to keep his head angled down to hide his ridiculous eyes:lol
and as much as I like the dreads they are clearly way to long to movie accurate, though I will admit I still prefer them longer.

Despite all the tiny nit picks I must say this new city hunter looks incredible

265024_474906745904654_545014988_n.jpg

Someone just make some accurate mandibles for sale. If they can make mouth parts for the DX 12 Batman I'm sure someone here has the talent to make them.

Someone just make some accurate mandibles for sale. If they can make mouth parts for the DX 12 Batman I'm sure someone here has the talent to make them.

Is that the only problem with the face accuracy wise?

It'd be a good idea. I wonder could someone even cast the old mandibles and get them to work on this figure.

It'd be a good idea. I wonder could someone even cast the old mandibles and get them to work on this figure.

Accuracy wise, I don't really know but for me it's the biggest problem. The only problem with casting the old mandibles, is if they're going with the new style head(which I'm sure they are) is the peg when you put them on. I have an extra set if anyone's willing to do it.

I know we're talking about a fictional race of creatures here but if they were real I don't think they'd like your attitude. They'd hunt you down whether you were a worthy armed combatant or not.

Being hunted by a predator would be awesome , bring to on !!!

Not even close; in fact the mandibles are the least of his face problems. The eyes/nose/mouth area is completely wrong given the fact that it's Classic/Shadow's face with longer upper teeth. It really is like painting a goatee on Bruce Wayne and calling it Tony Stark.
Predator2_56.jpg

76988_474909379237724_893016105_n.jpg

Predator2_36.jpg

Predator2_39.jpg

379697_474906925904636_1572391996_n.jpg

Predator2_64.jpg

Predator2_69.jpg

385250_474907072571288_371875557_n.jpg

[QUOTE=.....like painting a goatee on Bruce Wayne and calling it Tony Stark.

This is way I am not feeling this figure. I have watched P2 so many times. And this figure is not Predator 2.

i think I am going to make a BD custom one. I think that will make it look a bit better. would anyone know if the new P2's body is solid or hollow?

Yeah seeing those comparisons just makes me feel better about not ordering him. Its just lazy by HT to use Classic's head on this and still have incorrect mandibles!

The mandibles are some inches off, nothing worth going over it in my opinion. With the mask the figure screams P2.

Back