Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause other than 50 people or so, no one gives a ____ about Sucker Punch. :dunno

Big Fat Guess.

Fans are holding off on Amber cos they know HT will likely not finish the line with the three other girls and adopt a "whats the point" attitude, whereas if they did guarantee line completion many more would buy it. So right away they've driven customers away cos customers won't buy the figure if they know they won't be able to get the others to have a nice set-up

Like i said if they stopped Iron Man with just the first two figures they would've missed an opportunity.

Sucker Punch is just as valid as an opportunity for profit, if they devote time to it. Hot Toys just expects a license to fail before they ship the first figures and then they retreat back to Iron Man and one or two others.

How can a line prove profitable if not given a chance?

How can a line prove profitable if not given a chance?

Then people need to buy up on the figures.

I'd buy a Blonde figure, but I don't think they will get that far. And charging $170 for these no-name actress figures is :lol and a reason why most prolly pass on them.

$130 figures at the most.

We will never see the sales figures, but HT being a business has to make what does sale. They aren't much for risk taking. :monkey4

Then people need to buy up on the figures.

I'd buy a Blonde figure, but I don't think they will get that far. And charging $170 for these no-name actress figures is :lol and a reason why most prolly pass on them.

We will never see the sales figures, but HT being a business has to make what does sale. They aren't much for risk taking. :monkey4

Some will not buy up if they know the line will be left incomplete.

Hot Toys shouldn't have got the license in the first place then if they knew it wouldn't sell

$170 for no name actresses is the same as Thor being a no-name actor, and for that price your getting a female TT, unique one of a kind outift, swords/blades and machine guns, with each Iron Man release you get a different armour or paint scheme, a bunch of the same hands, and a base for $210

So the Sucker Punch girls would have a better accerssories to price ratio.

:exactly: I'm not a uber fan of the film however, I'd buy Babydoll if it wasn't overpriced. The overall character design is well done worthy of consideration but not at $170.

I was a fan of the film/figs but even I think these figs are way overpriced.

I'm not going to buy either of them at retail. If I can get them for under $130 once they are released I will buy.

Comes with the same if not more than Captain America, so price to accessory ratio is about the same :dunno

I consider Cap with items like (Thor, Odin, Wolverine, Dastan etc) which is right on target. I consider Babydoll with items like (Black Widow, Sarah Connor, Abigail Whistler, Jill Valentine etc) which she runs about $20 higher. Being a casual fan of SP, I wouldn't overpay for the figure whereas, I might for a Marvel / DC character. The evidence to this is 89 Batman license which is waaaaay overpriced but I bought.

I was a fan of the film/figs but even I think these figs are way overpriced.

I'm not going to buy either of them at retail. If I can get them for under $130 once they are released I will buy.

:exactly: LOL I'll be for sure getting Baby Doll, if I find it cheaper. LOL

About the figures.

Babydoll comes with TONS of accesories. The clothes are not so awesome, but considering that we see more her skin that her clothes, her body is pretty well done.

Amber with less, but the suit has a lot of work on it. It's even difficult to achieve it in 1/1 escale.

This is MY point of view.

About the figures.

Babydoll comes with TONS of accesories. The clothes are not so awesome, but considering that we see more her skin that her clothes, her body is pretty well done.

Amber with less, but the suit has a lot of work on it. It's even difficult to achieve it in 1/1 scale.

This is MY point of view.

True, Amber isn't a fighter in the film like the other girls, she's mostly the pilot, which is why they should include her helmet.

I only want Babydoll, Sweet Pea and Rocket. The others are bleh.
The other two are hardly blech. You obviously prefer blondes.. :lol

It's all about personal opinion & taste - I get that. Not singling anyone out, but I keep seeing the same excuses for folks liking some & not the others in the five - I think they all have merit. My reasons for not wanting the Babydoll figure, are because I don't like the rooted hair & the flimsy outfit. Nice figure otherwise. Amber is just a better figure in that regard - sculpted hair, & an excellent outfit - both in design & sturdiness to an extent.

I am somewhat biased though.. I do prefer the two exotic girls in the group. Realistically, Blondie's hair would possibly be rooted too - seeing that it falls down her neck. That would be a potential deal breaker for me. By the same token, Rocket would likely be an excellent figure in that respect - & her anime-esque hairstyle would look sensational, sculpted. If Blondie had rooted hair, I'd buy Rocket as a second possibly..

The other two are hardly blech. You obviously prefer blondes.. :lol

It's all about personal opinion & taste - I get that. Not singling anyone out, but I keep seeing the same excuses for folks liking some & not the others in the five - I think they all have merit. My reasons for not wanting the Babydoll figure, are because I don't like the rooted hair & the flimsy outfit. Nice figure otherwise. Amber is just a better figure in that regard - sculpted hair, & an excellent outfit - both in design & sturdiness to an extent.

I am somewhat biased though.. I do prefer the two exotic girls in the group. Realistically, Blondie's hair would possibly be rooted too - seeing that it falls down her neck. That would be a potential deal breaker for me. By the same token, Rocket would likely be an excellent figure in that respect - & her anime-esque hairstyle would look sensational, sculpted. If Blondie had rooted hair, I'd buy Rocket as a second possibly..

I do not prefer blondes :lol i'm a blonde, and i dye my hair red lol. *facepalm*

I get what you mean. I'd love to have them all, I'm a big of the movie myself since it even came out. All the girls are important from the fact that they are all part of Bdoll, but IMO, if I have to choose 3 characters I'd choose BD,SP and Rocket. Anyone is free to want anyone they want :monkey3

My most wanted was Amber. I just hope she comes out looking more like Jamie Chung than that whore Tila Tequila. :lol

Back