Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, thanx ! Btw, you getting both ?
smiley.gif

If I get any, I will just get Baby Doll. Shes the only one I really care about to be honest.

They often have that nasty seam not completely sealed on their display figures for some reason... the actual figure always had it fixed.

Yes, imo it's the one thing I'm surprised HT hasn't fixed on their rooted figures yet. It's annoying.

It's not too bad when the figure has a full set of hair coming down to cover it, but it'll be more noticeable on Babydoll since she has two pigtails. I HATED it on the Silken Floss figure.

I really hope we dont end up with something like this:

spoilt.jpg

I could really just ruin the figure. :(

I dont know much about it but why is there a seam, or i mean why hasn't the seam been flush with the rest of the head?

Last edited:
Just got back from The SDCC. Man am I beat. You real have to see all these Hot Toys in person to real appreciate them! Fabulous! The displays were unreal. Babydoll was perfect. Her outfit looked vintage, like it was right out of another time period. Amber even looked better in person. Superman, Luke, Joker, Boba Fett, Predators and that awesome Batmobile! Just wanted them all. Even Indiana Jone in that new diorama was awesome and huge.
I'll never trust photos alone again. These Toys have to be seen in person to really appreciate them.

Yep, all the people bashing this figure have no clue what they're talking about... this figure looks awesome upclose!
:rock!
toylion, will you be here tomorrow?
Saludos señor!

No, just went today with my Son. It was a blast but a mad house, lol. I can imagine Friday and Saturday. I used my grandson's pass but he'll be using it tomorrow. I was glad I was able to see Sideshows displays in person. Man the diorama they had for Star Wars and G.I. Joe were just mind-blowing. I'm not into satutes, but I sure was wishing I had a home big enough to display them all. As well as the money to afford it all.

These new photos are making Babydoll look good. Will get her after all.

I never had an issue with Baby Doll. I have an issue paying $170 for a basic MMS release that should be $130 - 140. The retail prices are starting to feel like ebay (inflated) just because we'll pay it. The movie was ok, the character design amazing but overall not a most have figure for my collection at this price :(

"Gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything" :wink1:

The recent "in-person" photos do make Babydoll look fantastic. Hopefully Hot Toys will make Sweet Pea and Rocket.:pray:

definitely see more Emily Browning now. hopefully I can fit this in. was a definitely purchase but now with everything that's been revealed, idk if I'll maange her too :monkey2

Why does this look so much better in SDCC?
I want it now, and I don't know why?

:exactly:

I agree. It looks much better in the latest pictures but I dont know why.
The sculpt and everything else looks unchanged.:dunno
And yeah, I want it now.
I don't know what it is either. Mysterious :lol The art of tweaking without tweaking :D
& yeah, I also want it now :D

Why does this look so much better in SDCC?

I agree. It looks much better in the latest pictures but I dont know why.
The sculpt and everything else looks unchanged.:dunno

I don't know what it is either. Mysterious :lol

It's because the original spec photos from HT used filters/lighting to simulate the look of the movie. Unfortunately that didn't translate well. The SDCC photos are all natural and give a better representation of what the actual figure really looks like.

kuzeh might have been right... amazing how the majority of opinions have swung with a different set of pics of the same sculpt.

i think ssf might have to introduce a pitchfork tax. might help around here.

Back