Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO Destroyer, Sif and Warriors 3 would be nice complementary pieces to the license but Loki is essential. If HT doesn't make Loki they dropped the ball big time!

Correct, no Loki = Fail = No need to purchase Odin :horror

Savings = $340 :lol

Wait, did I just use the word "savings" in a Superhero Collectible Forum :slap

Look how rough the sculpt is. lack of skin texture, funny looking wrinkles, is just so raw compare to other HT sculpt.

2462bc8d.jpg

Look how rough the sculpt is. lack of skin texture, funny looking wrinkles, is just so raw compare to other HT sculpt.

2462bc8d.jpg

Looks great to me, considering that your pic is five times the size of the actual sculpt. I'm sure I wouldn't mind it in person.

Looks GREAT. Can't wait until the end of the month when I have Odin and Thor.

Hopefully Loki is announced soon.

:lol

Your pictures are too good OMG! Everyone likes it. :p

Thank you for sharing the close up. I think you would need a more natural, bright light shot to better show people how "rough" the sculpt and paint really is.

I think I see some of what you say, but too much shadow/shading to make a good determination.

IMO Destroyer, Sif and Warriors 3 would be nice complementary pieces to the license but Loki is essential. If HT doesn't make Loki they dropped the ball big time!

Agreed. No Loki would be ridiculous. He should have followed Thor, IMO, though they might have stopped then. Loki would be a better seller than Odin.

I agree with you OMG. It's just isn't as refined as other Hot Toys. Maybe it was a deadline thing. Looks like the sculptor needed another few hours.

It's still good and I definitely getting him but just not as good as Hot Toys usually do.

I'm not seeing the problem(s). He looks good to me. Did we learn if he came with the cheap-o hands?

I pulled the picture off Ebay and they are labeled Odin hands. The thing is that they will hold the spear better this way but just look like crap.

I agree with you OMG. It's just isn't as refined as other Hot Toys. Maybe it was a deadline thing. Looks like the sculptor needed another few hours.

It's still good and I definitely getting him but just not as good as Hot Toys usually do.

Ahem, Eamon, a quick word.

I think OMG was being sarcastic.

Don't know if I should PO Odin, or if he'll wind up being the Whiplash of the Thor line. I'd hate to pay full price and see him lingering on websites for months.

I wish they had painted this the right colours from chest plate, to helmet and eye patch. I will still get this Hot toys but these no more short cuts on rest of Thor line. Bring on Loki, with 2 head sculpts please.

Ahem, Eamon, a quick word.
I think OMG was being sarcastic.

Was he? **** sakes! I did it again.
I only dip in and out so it's hard to gage how some members say things.
Oh well I still think the same. I think he is rockin figure but some things are a little more platicy than usual. A minor complaint as I am baseing this of one set of pics so am happy to be corrected.

But it just doesn't pop like this one:
ht-thor-odin-1.jpg

Was he? **** sakes! I did it again.
I only dip in and out so it's hard to gage how some members say things.
Oh well I still think the same. I think he is rockin figure but some things are a little more platicy than usual. A minor complaint as I am baseing this of one set of pics so am happy to be corrected.

But it just doesn't pop like this one:
I think its the paint. The sculpts look the same to me.
ht-thor-odin-1.jpg

2462bc8d.jpg

Back