1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculpt looks damn good. Spot on.

Will that be what actually arrives in collector's hands? History says no. LOL.

I think the biggest issue is that the Qui-Gon shown doesn't have the patented Liam Neeson glare. He needs to look a bit more intense around the eyes and brow. I suspect that would improve things markedly.

Only really ‘Padawan’ Obi-Wan left that’s essential from TPM. Queen Amidala red dress is still the dream figure for me, but unlikely before ‘Geonosis’ Padmé. Would love a little Anakin with podracer and would be all over a Jar Jar or Nute Gunray,

Looks alright but not insta-buy for me. Would be nice to have a more intense sculpt.

Wtf this just came right the heck out of nowhere.

I really like this pic
d6b075ff07215ba469fec664374540a6.jpg

Up where? Not Sideshow or stateside...

Good first look. Not too shocked this is coming with the 20th Anniversary of TPM this year. The portrait is good, a typical HT effort,,,will look great from some angles. The expression isn't too blank, more serene in appearance I'm relieved they are NOT going with rooted hair here. I wonder if the extensions will be swappable e.g.: a "straight down the back" version (like the SSC release) and an "action" set (windblown-fast movement look). If done well, that would open up the display options immensely. Hoping for the poncho, some more (different) busted droid parts, the communicator, the aqua-breather as accessories.

Would love an environmental-themed stand but will probably get a basic one with the card tops. If so, let's see the TF ship deck, the sand, the Jedi Council Chamber floor, the theed hanger floor.

Very happy about this one.

Only really ‘Padawan’ Obi-Wan left that’s essential from TPM. Queen Amidala red dress is still the dream figure for me, but unlikely before ‘Geonosis’ Padmé. Would love a little Anakin with podracer and would be all over a Jar Jar or Nute Gunray,

Little Anakin with his podracer would be a dream come true.

Yes!! I’m pumped for this! I think his Jedi tunic looks really good. It really emulates the bagginess but in 1/6. So excited!

Always loved the character. I don’t think this is Adam driver good but I think this is Tarkin good. So very good but not great.

But compared to 80% of the rest of hot toys portraits it’s indeed GREAT

Up where? Not Sideshow or stateside...

Good first look. Not too shocked this is coming with the 20th Anniversary of TPM this year. The portrait is good, a typical HT effort,,,will look great from some angles. The expression isn't too blank, more serene in appearance I'm relieved they are NOT going with rooted hair here. I wonder if the extensions will be swappable e.g.: a "straight down the back" version (like the SSC release) and an "action" set (windblown-fast movement look). If done well, that would open up the display options immensely. Hoping for the poncho, some more (different) busted droid parts, the communicator, the aqua-breather as accessories.

Would love an environmental-themed stand but will probably get a basic one with the card tops. If so, let's see the TF ship deck, the sand, the Jedi Council Chamber floor, the theed hanger floor.

Very happy about this one.

He's up on KG Hobby at £161 ($212). The same price they have Krennic.

Something characteristic, rougher is missing here (like with most HT headsculpts in recent years), but it is still very close and he's one of my favourite SW characters. Would love to buy one, in case I find a new local dealer who sells him.

Wow...very nice. Wonder when it PO's and of course, how much? I think it'll scrape at $300 (280 or so)

Appreciate the vidoe!

When you order from them do you get hit with customs charges? PM me the answer if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked this question last week and quite a few responses from UK buyers. It seems they will help with avoiding customs charges if you ask them. The postage is around £25. I tend to get most of my figures from lacitedesnuages in Belgium. If you have a year's membership (30 euros) they give you 10% off every order/pre-order. Most figures tend to work out at about £170-190 and postage is only £8. Sorry to plug them, but figures are so expensive when bought directly from UK sellers.

Looks great, ep3 is the furthest I’ll go back on buying figures, so it’s an easy slip for me (I hope [emoji29])

Hmmm....

The price from KG is interesting. Fingers crossed that this is close to the state-side pricing.

My thought (i.e. fear) was that with the additional poncho, and the set of 3-D printed holographic items (that in all honestly probably cost $0.12 about to make), etc. that this was going to easily be a $245 - $265 figure. Which is unendingly annoying to me because the trend is clear.

Set a few figures aside, add a few interesting but ultimately non-crucial extra accessories to the package, call it a "Deluxe" figure and get people nice and used to the $264.95 price tag, and then slowly but surely move the regular non-deluxe releases closer and closer to the deluxe price point, and Viola! The new "normal".

I love this hobby, but $300 ea. with shipping included for standard non-dx figures will be what drives me out. And we are just about there.

Are you listening Hot Toys?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pre-order this. Wow, he looks great!

Last edited:
Back