Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be the first mod I do on one of my figures. I'm curious about the articulation though. JediJim said that the boots wouldn't attach if you took those clear extensions out. So I'm wondering if the feet are even attached to the leg.

That's what it looks like would happen if you remove the extensions. No way to easily attach the boots.

image.jpeg

I don't understand the height issue with this one. They got the height right with Luke, Leia and Han, so I can't understand how they could get it so wrong with Finn.

They've rushed these figures imo.

And it seems like the head is kinda out of scale compared with Rey's too. So reducing the height does part of the work, but it doesn't make the jacket and head better scaled, plus Rey could probably use a bit more of a body to her.

I think for me, the solution is still pairing them up with figures that they look good beside. Finn will look fine next to a stormtrooper even without mods. Rey looks great beside BB-8 and hopefully Han. But still, it's nice to have different display options so the scale of the first two heroes from the TFA franchise being off is a bit frustrating.

I took a few new pictures of Finn-the giant.
74707d87dd20454cf7f59b3f32ab1f46.jpg

8f6da51b2e884ddeb20f8a26d8b7a0b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The connectors are probably attached the same way as any other foot connector on a HT body. I can't see them re-inventing the wheel . I'm sure that they are easily attached and can be removed.

I seem to recall recently that a Guy on a Facebook group successfully removed the clear connector and added the feet with very little issue.

Is only the single of Finn released overseas, or is the two-pack with FN-2199 also available?

A guy on Facebook took the clear extenders off of Finn with hot water and pilers but you will need smaller foot pegs since the originals are to big for the ankle.

Yeah, the plastic extenders can be taken off with a bit of heat and pulling. However, I don't have any smaller footpegs to use. Anyone know which ones I'd need and how to get them?

Finally got my Finn out and futzed him a bit. I really like this figure. The headsculpt is much better in person, and next to Phasma he looks pretty well scaled.

52f325430e2d69b1d7f97ab434cf3296.jpg

Yeah, the plastic extenders can be taken off with a bit of heat and pulling. However, I don't have any smaller footpegs to use. Anyone know which ones I'd need and how to get them?

I'd also like some help identifying the parts to use, please.

I used hot water, a pair of pliers and a little gentle twisting and pulling to remove the extenders.

With a pair of extra ankle pegs( I could have used Finn's but I wanted to keep the stock parts) I carefully held them vertical and, in a downward motion onto a hard surface, shaved one ball joint with a sharp knife until it fit semi-snugly into the extender holes of the legs.

Then viola! You have an awesome looking Finn.

image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back