Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday too. Great figure. I'm posing mine with the lightsaber in hand, at least until Rey and BB-8 get here.

IMG_8737.JPG

My wife asked me very seriously why the package says Finn Racist Set. :rotfl

Has anyone opened their Riot Trooper up yet and want to share their impressions? I'm trying to decide if I want both him and Finn, or just Finn, but I've heard close to zero about the Riot Trooper.

Has anyone opened their Riot Trooper up yet and want to share their impressions? I'm trying to decide if I want both him and Finn, or just Finn, but I've heard close to zero about the Riot Trooper.

If you like TFA Stormies then you'll like him a lot. He doesn't look stocky enough to match his on screen counterpart to me but still a nice figure. I need to get a shot of him with his shield. I haven't even used it yet.

image.jpeg

If you like TFA Stormies then you'll like him a lot. He doesn't look stocky enough to match his on screen counterpart to me but still a nice figure. I need to get a shot of him with his shield. I haven't even used it yet.

View attachment 280082

Thanks, Coco! Is he at all improved from other TFA Troopers, or is he exactly the same with different weapons?

If they've made any improvements I don't notice them. I read comments that said he was suppose to have better articulation but I can't tell any difference from the others. He's got a couple different hands and weapons like you mentioned.

The articulation on the Stormtrooper is crap. Cocoboloy's picture of him is pretty much as good as it gets. He can hold his blaster fine, but I find it hard to get a decent pose going with the riot baton. If you already have TFA Stormtrooper, just go with Finn.

Thanks for the comments on the Riot Trooper, guys! I don't have a FO Trooper yet and saw the two-pack for $336 shipped in the U.S., so I decided to take the plunge. Thanks for letting me know what to expect with the articulation, though!

I've got five TFA Stormies and they seem to vary in the poseability department. This RC trooper seems to be ok. The suit definitely is restrictive though.

image.jpeg

Does the Finn head fit securely on the trooper body without mods?

Does the Finn head fit securely on the trooper body without mods?

It fits but the neck it too short for the Finn head. If anybody has some mod suggestions to make the stock FO Stormie neck longer, I would LOVE to hear it. :pray:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting my set on Wednesday. Will probably wait to do the height adjustment until I get a Rey. For a shelf with a trooper and Kylo it isn't as needed.

Just got mine today. I'd say his sculpt is probably better than Leia. I know some may disagree, but he has so many pores and details that she lacks.

28496105031_fe2c2d186c_b.jpg

28467729982_1484b60b41_b.jpg

28541452066_f7dbe66244_b.jpg

Got my Finn and Riot Trooper set today. Not even a week after receiving the extreme disappointment that was the SDCC exclusive R2... I am blown away by this set! I personally don't mind the John Boyega sculpt, it will serve it's purpose in my display case very well. Another thing worth mentioning is the amount of accessories definitely makes if feel like it's a fair price. But what impressed me the most was the riot control trooper.

The last First Order trooper I bought was the Jakku trooper, and while it looks good how I set it up, it came with a few things that bothered me (that under suit makes it impossible to pose, and the forearm armour was cracked when it arrived because it was too tight of a fit). I'm not sure if it's just the way all the stuff underneath the suit on this riot trooper sits, or if Hot Toys made some improvements, but it's very easy to articulate this one. And I am very happy that I can actually get a pose I like with it. Honestly, this set will be my last FO stormie unless there are any cool variants for Episode VIII ... I'm just so happy with whatever is different with it that I have no desire to buy any of the others and risk getting another problem figure. Anyway... I know this thread it technically for the Finn figure, but that riot control trooper stole the show for me haha.

Got mine today. It's an amazing set. Though forget ever trying to swap the arm on Finn. Did it once, had it lit for a while and then swapped it back out. Took me about an hour for the whole process.

The rest of the figure is great though. Pulled out the clear risers from his legs and modified some extra pegs to decrease his height. The feet are loose, but I have another set of extra pegs I'm going to modify now that I have a better idea of the fit and what needs to be done.

The Rio Trooper is better than my other FO Trooper. Little easier to pose.

Attachments

• IMG_20160726_195724287.jpg
    IMG_20160726_195724287.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20160726_195736656.jpg
    IMG_20160726_195736656.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 271
Got mine yesterday but didn't have time to get them unboxed till today. Haven't found an exact pose I like but these ones will be the ones in the display for now.

Overall love the figures and the sculpt. Really digging having a real stormtrooper to go with Kylo too as I only had the cheap 12".

Here's some quick pics. Testing out a new Leica Macro lens and new camera too.

FN-00220 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
FN-00219 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
FN-00214 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
FN-00209 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
FN-00206 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr
FN-00204 by Derek Dockendorf, on Flickr

Back