Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to use a hand/wrist peg and cut off the small hand attachment? That should leave a peg similar to the one you made.

With how clumsy I am, I'm more likely to wind up in the emergency room attempting this mod. Guess I'll have to live with an out of scale Finn, unless there are compatible stock pegs that'll work with the figure.

Would it be possible to use a hand/wrist peg and cut off the small hand attachment? That should leave a peg similar to the one you made.

If you had one with the small ball joint it might. HT makes a couple different sizes nowadays. You'd still need to modify the peg with tape or something to get it to fit snug in the leg.

With how clumsy I am, I'm more likely to wind up in the emergency room attempting this mod. Guess I'll have to live with an out of scale Finn, unless there are compatible stock pegs that'll work with the figure.

:lol I bet you could find a more steady handed buddy to do it for you. Done correctly it's very safe though.

I used hot water, a pair of pliers and a little gentle twisting and pulling to remove the extenders.

With a pair of extra ankle pegs( I could have used Finn's but I wanted to keep the stock parts) I carefully held them vertical and, in a downward motion onto a hard surface, shaved one ball joint with a sharp knife until it fit semi-snugly into the extender holes of the legs.

Then viola! You have an awesome looking Finn.

View attachment 277157
View attachment 277158
View attachment 277159
View attachment 277160

To my eye, it doesn't look like those original Finn pegs are going to go up into the shin holes after the extenders are removed without a serious fight....

If you had one with the small ball joint it might. HT makes a couple different sizes nowadays. You'd still need to modify the peg with tape or something to get it to fit snug in the leg.

Cool, thanks! I get Finn in on Tuesday and I have some spare stormtrooper pegs, so I'll give it a go.

To my eye, it doesn't look like those original Finn pegs are going to go up into the shin holes after the extenders are removed without a serious fight....

Does not compute.

Cool, thanks! I get Finn in on Tuesday and I have some spare stormtrooper pegs, so I'll give it a go.

You're welcome!

Bravo CoCo! That looks awesome. Little elbow grease and a dremel shaved barbell and bam! Instant resized Finn. Excellent work.

Did the same mod tonight but replaced the lower legs as well, in order to keep everything stock. Totally worth the little effort.

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Nice, What legs did you use?
Not sure, I just picked something from the spare bin. As long as it has the same separation joint you can use any True Type body you have around. You won't see the calve size anyway.

Does not compute.

Now I'd be THRILLED to be wrong here, so let me know if I am... But it looks to me like the nice narrow ends under the green pointers would slide nicely up into Finn's lower leg holes, but if you were to try to simply use the ankle pegs he came with after removing the extenders, those connector balls circled in red look very wide for the lower leg holes you'd need to mount them to. I'd fear splitting his legs at the seams...

image.jpg

Yeah the connector ball looks too large to fit the leg. I don't have any spare bodies or connectors laying around.

Now I'd be THRILLED to be wrong here, so let me know if I am... But it looks to me like the nice narrow ends under the green pointers would slide nicely up into Finn's lower leg holes, but if you were to try to simply use the ankle pegs he came with after removing the extenders, those connector balls circled in red look very wide for the lower leg holes you'd need to mount them to. I'd fear splitting his legs at the seams...

View attachment 277865

You are correct, sir. The stock, dual ball jointed ankle pegs will not, cannot, won't not never ever never fit into the small extender peg holes in the legs..BUT the modified dual ball jointed ankle pegs that I shaved one ball joint down to a peg that you're pointing to on the far right will, can-do, will indeedee do fit into the holes in the legs(as seen in the pic below)where the extender pegs use to be.

Magic? Maybe. Cocotastic? Definitely.
:lecture

image.jpg

Ah-ha! Didn't realize those were modified dual ball connectors! Now I think I see what you meant earlier when you said you could use the original connectors that came with Finn. You just have to modify them first, and you didn't want to alter any of Finns original equipment.

I had thought you were saying you could use Finn's original unmodified balls (yep, I said it) to complete this mod, and that's when my mind got blown.

Ah-ha! Didn't realize those were modified dual ball connectors! Now I think I see what you meant earlier when you said you could use the original connectors that came with Finn. You just have to modify them first, and you didn't want to alter any of Finns original equipment.

I had thought you were saying you could use Finn's original unmodified balls (yep, I said it) to complete this mod, and that's when my mind got blown.

:lol Yeah, I had an extra set of dual ball jointed ankle pegs that I modified instead of cutting up Finn's. If you didn't have an extra set Finn's would do.

I just received my Finn & Riot Stormtrooper. I think the Finn's sculpt look pretty amazing in person. I love the accessories. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with lightsaber, or gun/satchel with bombs in it to display him, most likely with the gun/satchel.

Got an email from Sideshow that Captain Phasma ships in 2 weeks too. :)

Got Finn in from SS and did the height mod right away. It was easy to do, but just keep measuring the fit as you don't want to slice to much off the pegs. Thanks Cocoboloboy for the mod! The jacket and blaster are both really good. The jacket has a thick wire running along the bottom of it that helps shape it how you want. Add to that the amount of accessories (including the light up saber) that comes with him makes Finn a very solid pick up for his retail price. Now to wait for Rey, old Han & Chewy to complete the TFA hero shelf. tmp_30031-20160720233023_1-1905692121.jpg

Back