1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I‘m in manufacturing in SE Asia. Been stuck here for the last 2 years due to this Covid BS. Been through factory lockdowns, ramp ups and all this logistics crap. We have kept things moving. delays for sure but measured in months and weeks. We are quickly catching up.

I honestly can not wrap my head around the business models of companies like Hot Toys or Mezco with launch delays that stretch into YEARS. If I put these kind of KPI’s in-front of my boss, Sales, CFO or The Board… I and my entire team would be fired. Long ago.

i guess they know they have a captive consumer base willing to wait and wait and wait.
Yep, I'm also in manufacturing for automotive and it's a different world here for Hot Toys.

Perhaps it's also they know that people have these figures pre-ordered so the sale is already locked in.

I POed this a long time ago and got the delay notice. I went into my account and saw a notice that I needed to "protect my order" due to delays. Never seen that before.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday too, I spent 20 mins going through 4 pages of orders to update each one. Anyone know anything more about this new “your order in not protected” crap. If you don’t select that can SS just dump your order at a future date?

I noticed this yesterday too. Truly bizarre. Apparently now Sideshow wants you to go into every preorder that is precious to you and press a little button to stop them from impromptu canceling it. This is weird even for Sideshow. This supply chain crap is unacceptable.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday too, I spent 20 mins going through 4 pages of orders to update each one. Anyone know anything more about this new “your order in not protected” crap. If you don’t select that can SS just dump your order at a future date?
I looked at my orders and see this as well. I'm going to contact customer service and ask what the deal is. I paid an NRD, which is the equivalent of a reservation. Why is this even a thing?

That’s so weird. I thought simply ordering the damn thing protects your order:slap
I sent a note to customer service. I'll share back what I hear. At first I was concerned that this was a ploy to get me to do a full payment now for the order but it doesn't seem to do anything like that when you click "protect my order". Honestly, who wrote their Point of Sale system?

Did the same thing yesterday, went to all my open orders and "protected" it.

Would be nice to get an e-mail about something like this and a bit of an explanation.

I am in the same boat, thinking EXO 6 is going to get more of my business this year than HT. The turnaround is much better which means hard choices ahead.

I wouldn't mind Cad Bane from BOBF, but I really want HT to wow me with something totally unexpected. Drop a Bossk or ROTS Palpatine. There are so many figures they could make that would sell. Koska, Reeves, and the two clones are nice, but they must haves for me.

Ooooh! I would love to be wowed with a ROTS Palpatine and Mace. I feel like HT have that in the back pocket ready to go. Those would be 2 of my grails right there. The SS versions need to be replaced, badly.

I sent a note to customer service. I'll share back what I hear. At first I was concerned that this was a ploy to get me to do a full payment now for the order but it doesn't seem to do anything like that when you click "protect my order". Honestly, who wrote their Point of Sale system?
I heard back from customer service. Apparently, this is in response to some changes in FTC regulations. You can read more about it here: https://help.sideshow.com/hc/en-us/articles/4525871802907

Weird. If I want to cancel my order, I can do it myself. What this gives customers is to get a full refund though. But it could have been implemented in the exact opposite way, like if there's a delay for more than x months we'll give full refund in case you cancel.

Weird. If I want to cancel my order, I can do it myself. What this gives customers is to get a full refund though. But it could have been implemented in the exact opposite way, like if there's a delay for more than x months we'll give full refund in case you cancel.
That actually already exists, a bit to my surprise. I recently decided to jettison my IW/EG Marvel HT collection, including a handful of remaining preorders. I knew I'd eat a bit in NRDs but much better than a couple thousand in new figures I no longer want. I know that when I canceled Loki, it automatically gave me a full refund. With ones like Wandavision Wanda and Vision, it said I'd lose my NRD. In the past, I think I had to call and cancel to ensure I got my NRD back on a delayed figure.

hmmm notice that SS explanation doesn't mention reward points reimbursement. Ironically, I dumped my RP on him. I hate to lose him or the points.

hmmm notice that SS explanation doesn't mention reward points reimbursement. Ironically, I dumped my RP on him. I hate to lose him or the points.

If I wait all this time for Jango to show up and SSC randomly decides eh, I'm not getting him - then I promise you, the SSC CS person I get on the phone is going to think the Bride from "Kill Bill" just showed up.

DO NOT TRIFLE

I went thru all my SSC preorders and clicked for protection. I’m still not sure what it’s all about.

What I take away from this is that truly monstrous wait-times are about to be the norm. Like, a couple years' wait times.

This new thing seems to be SSC's way of saying: make sure we dont both get so sick of waiting that we just cancel your order out of disgust, so we dont have to deal with it or you.

Now, why they cannot just email you and say, "your order is 1.5 years overdue, would you like to maintain your po yes/no" I have no idea, but what the hell ever! I too went and "protected" all my POs that this applied to.

I have too many POs right now, and was considering cancelling someone; I'm most concerned about my two PFs maturing at the same time. But I'm hanging fire, because WHO KNOWS how long we are going to be waiting on this stuff, smart money says it will be a long! time before either of those statues is actually released. The one most likely to go is my Mythos Vader and I REAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY want to keep him.

What I take away from this is that truly monstrous wait-times are about to be the norm. Like, a couple years' wait times.

This new thing seems to be SSC's way of saying: make sure we dont both get so sick of waiting that we just cancel your order out of disgust, so we dont have to deal with it or you.

Now, why they cannot just email you and say, "your order is 1.5 years overdue, would you like to maintain your po yes/no" I have no idea, but what the hell ever! I too went and "protected" all my POs that this applied to.

I have too many POs right now, and was considering cancelling someone; I'm most concerned about my two PFs maturing at the same time. But I'm hanging fire, because WHO KNOWS how long we are going to be waiting on this stuff, smart money says it will be a long! time before either of those statues is actually released. The one most likely to go is my Mythos Vader and I REAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY want to keep him.
As I understand the info sent to me by customer service, even if you don't click the "protect" button, they will send you an email and you'll have 30 days to respond to protect it. Sounds like it's FTC regulations and not Sideshow dictating this...

Cannot wait to get it !
Waiting for this one for so long !
Just a bit disappointed they did not make 2 differents colors not only violet but also blue like medicom did years ago with the 2 different jet packs

Back