1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning to ever build Mando? I'm kinda surprised Sideshow has not even hinted at doing a life size of him. They already made Grogu for him.

After Rogue One they made K2 and Death Trooper which looked cool but Sideshow already discontinued those, I presume because they weren't huge sellers. But Mando is way more popular and mainstream. Honestly I think I would prefer his beginning armor with a switch out beskar mudhorn shoulder pauldron.
I feel like if I say anything other than "no way", my wife is going to materialize over my head like Candyman and kill me. With that said, I'm officially going to be out of room after these next two Fetts so I can with a modest degree of confidence say "not at this time" :)

I guess the benefit to this is that I'll be saving some good money as all of this stuff continues to push out and I don't see a lot of new Star Wars pre-orders on the horizon other than a couple from Kenobi...and maybe Bane from BoBF. Kind of a boring time to be a Star Wars collector...

"We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your Jango Fett has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in May-Jul 2022. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives. If you need to update any information on your order A*******, you can do so easily through your online account."

REALLY. :cautious:

I guess the benefit to this is that I'll be saving some good money as all of this stuff continues to push out and I don't see a lot of new Star Wars pre-orders on the horizon other than a couple from Kenobi...and maybe Bane from BoBF. Kind of a boring time to be a Star Wars collector...

I'm hoping we get some surprise drops, like Jesse and Vaughn in November and Kosa/Axe in January.

I also thought we'd get a ton of new stuff between August and the first episode of TBoBF, but we didn't get squat besides Fennec and 3 troopers.

Got my email as well. Good times :)
I‘m in manufacturing in SE Asia. Been stuck here for the last 2 years due to this Covid BS. Been through factory lockdowns, ramp ups and all this logistics crap. We have kept things moving. delays for sure but measured in months and weeks. We are quickly catching up.

I honestly can not wrap my head around the business models of companies like Hot Toys or Mezco with launch delays that stretch into YEARS. If I put these kind of KPI’s in-front of my boss, Sales, CFO or The Board… I and my entire team would be fired. Long ago.

i guess they know they have a captive consumer base willing to wait and wait and wait.

I‘m in manufacturing in SE Asia. Been stuck here for the last 2 years due to this Covid BS. Been through factory lockdowns, ramp ups and all this logistics crap. We have kept things moving. delays for sure but measured in months and weeks. We are quickly catching up.

I honestly can not wrap my head around the business models of companies like Hot Toys or Mezco with launch delays that stretch into YEARS. If I put these kind of KPI’s in-front of my boss, Sales, CFO or The Board… I and my entire team would be fired. Long ago.

i guess they know they have a captive consumer base willing to wait and wait and wait.
HT dominated the 1/6 SW world, they have no competitors that can compete with their product.

So no competition = less sense of urgency.

HT dominated the 1/6 SW world, they have no competitors that can compete with their product.

So no competition = less sense of urgency.

They’ve needed real competitors for a long time. Healthy competition is important to keep companies from stagnating.

So even though it’s not Star Wars, I hope Queen Studios can deliver to help light a fire under Hot Toys.

I've heard StarWars license is the pain in the @ss to deal with, not just the expensive contract, but nightmarish experience to deal with the licensor too.

It is, you are correct.

It’s extremely expensive and LFL makes things very difficult for licensees. Especially in terms of secrecy. Disney is protective of its properties but there’s definitely an extra layer of complications for Star Wars.

Granted, despite the hoops licensees have to jump through for Star Wars, all licensors with big brands are not easy to work with in their own ways. That’s just the nature of IP and licensing.

I love Star Wars and based on the number of action figures I own, I love Hot Toys as well. I have been a steady customer since 2008.

But this year might signal a change. I also love Star Trek and Exo-6 is providing very real competition. They are producing figures I have dreamed of for a long time and the turnaround time is stunning.

I hope Hot Toys is able to balance the demands of producing current figures with figures fans have been wanting for years. That we are still waiting for the Death Squad Commander (and the other 3 figures on the milk carton) yet are getting figures like Iron Dr. Strange and Zombie Deadpool and Stan Lee barbers boggles my mind.

I might be in the minority but nothing I have seen from The Book of Boba Fett has excited me to push the pre order button. Maybe this is a good thing as I have a feeling I am embarking on a 5 year mission with Exo-6 after a 14 year one with Hot Toys.

It will be interesting to see the direction Hot Toys takes this year. I can still list 2 dozen figures from the Romero Joker to Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin to Alien Big Chap and Mantis and others. I hope Hot toys is able to find the space to make them.

I am in the same boat, thinking EXO 6 is going to get more of my business this year than HT. The turnaround is much better which means hard choices ahead.

I wouldn't mind Cad Bane from BOBF, but I really want HT to wow me with something totally unexpected. Drop a Bossk or ROTS Palpatine. There are so many figures they could make that would sell. Koska, Reeves, and the two clones are nice, but they must haves for me.

Tom petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part. I can’t even get excited for a preorder anymore, because it’s now a 2 year wait for anything with a head sculpt. It’s ruining the hobby. I seriously hope a 3rd party makes a dent in the marketplace and puts some pressure on Howard. Also, wtf is up with hot toys customer communication! Can’t they just do a simple post and let us know what is going on?

I don’t know if it’s the sole reason but HK is pursuing zero-covid and is trying to manage a serious outbreak. There are many people leaving the city for good and shipping costs, for relocation at least, are about 3 times even last year. There is also an announced lockdown coming but with no dates set. This presumably will be presenting HT with issues.

They’ve needed real competitors for a long time. Healthy competition is important to keep companies from stagnating.

So even though it’s not Star Wars, I hope Queen Studios can deliver to help light a fire under Hot Toys.

It is, you are correct.

It’s extremely expensive and LFL makes things very difficult for licensees. Especially in terms of secrecy. Disney is protective of its properties but there’s definitely an extra layer of complications for Star Wars.

Granted, despite the hoops licensees have to jump through for Star Wars, all licensors with big brands are not easy to work with in their own ways. That’s just the nature of IP and licensing.
Marvel is no easier to work with than LFL, in my experience. LFL is a tad more secretive, but both have plenty of hoops to jump through and approvals are NOT easy. Worse, the Disney royalties are the highest in the business, and the real gotcha are the minimum guarantees. So for everyone saying HT should simply make less product... they can't. They owe the money either way, so they may as well make the product. Otherwise they're just paying on the license for nothing.

I POed this a long time ago and got the delay notice. I went into my account and saw a notice that I needed to "protect my order" due to delays. Never seen that before.

Back