1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is funny that the prequels had good characters and designs but don?t necessarily hold up as films. There are parts I like and parts I really dislike. Yet, I still want all of the figures.

The PT designs are fantastic, like you said, the execution was poor. I kick myself for not picking up Dooku now.

Don't want to go much into ST discussion but the 3 films felt lifeless, boring and unoriginal. I couldn't tell you one new original alien that era introduced.

I think the big resurgence of the PT (besides the ST disappointing fans) is mostly thanks to TCW and all it did for that era, while introducing new favorites (Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Fives, etc), it gave us an Anakin that was easy to root for, making his downfall more tragic.

The PT designs are fantastic, like you said, the execution was poor. I kick myself for not picking up Dooku now.

Don't want to go much into ST discussion but the 3 films felt lifeless, boring and unoriginal. I couldn't tell you one new original alien that era introduced.

I think the big resurgence of the PT (besides the ST disappointing fans) is mostly thanks to TCW and all it did for that era, while introducing new favorites (Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Fives, etc), it gave us an Anakin that was easy to root for, making his downfall more tragic.

All great points, some of which I?ve heard before but tying the ST in as well as TCW?s accentuated those points eloquently! Ahsoka is a funny topic, especially if you believe Dave Filoni now, apparently he designed her long term character change from the beginning. Apparently he claims that the newly christened Padawan, know it all, bratty, unwaveringly cocky, barely tennage Togruta little girl was meant to be perceived by the majority of audiences to be extremely unpopular & annoying with only room to become a better character in the beginning. In some interviews, when he has been less cagey & more assured, he had said that the series was to focus on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Alpha 3 (was changed to Rex because too many A names-Anakin, Ahsoka, Artoo, Alpha 3). Most people by now have seen the original sketch of Ahsoka on the napkin I believe which was actually a pretty close to last minute change so it?s particularly hard to buy the whole long term hate her only to see her grow making people love her even more but then equally in my mind is the fact that he is Dave Filoni who was Lucas? star Padawan who also studied all the ?holocrons? of every ?master? and doesn?t ever seem to stop. He might just be the chosen one and the Sithari all rolled into 1 person, I dunno.

Personally, I liked most everything post OT with AotC at or near the bottom of my list; described by its creator as a love story, I would be remiss to say there are more minutes in that love story movie that I enjoyed than almost any other (that didn?t end as a tragedy). As you mentioned the Dooku figure, I?m reminded that we were treated to his introduction in that episode which could have been longer providing more detail and backstory but at least we got the gist of a noble former Jedi being tricked by the great deceiver who for a moment before the official start off the Clone Wars actually did want to help and wanted help from Kenobi who he saw as a ?Jedi grandson?. You know because Yoda trained Dooku who trained Qui-Gon who trained Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon?s death was a factor that angered Dooku contributing to his leaving the order.

Anyways, the figure is as regal as the character and Sir Christopher Lee which led me to buy 2 as I had planned to convert 1 into a younger, Jedi Master Dooku by making some minimal hair color changes (more pepper than salt) and even in the canon descriptions, he did wear simple Jedi tunics and robes but they were always perfectly clean and tailored. Most material shows him with a blue blade but the same curved hilt although I have seen a few panels of him with a green blade. I?ve decided not to pursue that even though, including the second figure, I sourced everything except an outer robe as I could not make my mind up as to which would suit him best. Having said that, I now have a MISB Dooku I would be able to part with knowing it was going to a good home.

Attachments

• FF3925A0-1E50-4369-9395-3D7D89BFB6C8.jpg
    FF3925A0-1E50-4369-9395-3D7D89BFB6C8.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 7F730386-D88B-4D40-99FF-8B7764EEA6B1.jpeg
    7F730386-D88B-4D40-99FF-8B7764EEA6B1.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 247
  • D88F4488-DDD7-4373-86B9-B6B227D7A298.jpeg
    D88F4488-DDD7-4373-86B9-B6B227D7A298.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 252

I vastly prefer the ST due to how much more engaging and well-directed I found them, but there's no question the world building and design work were a whole lot weaker, and the main storyline totally uninspired.

If only we could mash together the best parts of the PT and ST, we might have a trilogy that was actually worthy of the original.:D

I vastly prefer the ST due to how much more engaging and well-directed I found them, but there's no question the world building and design work were a whole lot weaker, and the main storyline totally uninspired.

If only we could mash together the best parts of the PT and ST, we might have a trilogy that was actually worthy of the original.:D

In many interviews post TFA, Lucas himself has asserted that the OT (all of them, not just ANH) were the most hobbled together films he?s ever known. Let?s not forget that he was privy to what Coppola, Kubrick, Spielberg, etc. were working on for decades. Just 🍛🥪 for 🤔💭

Who has the best price for this guy? In Australia the only retailers that have him seem to want $500

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the aftermarket value of this will rocket due to the Mandalorian effect.

And the Temuera Morrison effect. Also, I wouldn?t be surprised to see him in a flashback scene in Book of Boba. Add a Hot Toys Mace Windu, a figure I strongly believe is coming this year, to the mix and it?ll push this figure through the roof.

I will have almost 150 reward points soon, so I am going to use them and order 2 of jango. With my wife?s logic, that is a buy one get one half off coupon. If it works for her, it works for jango.

And the Temuera Morrison effect. Also, I wouldn?t be surprised to see him in a flashback scene in Book of Boba. Add a Hot Toys Mace Windu, a figure I strongly believe is coming this year, to the mix and it?ll push this figure through the roof.

I'm convinced we'll get a flashback with Jango and "Papa Jaster" just to show the significance of the armor too. That would definitely guarantee a ton more sales.

I'm convinced we'll get a flashback with Jango and "Papa Jaster" just to show the significance of the armor too. That would definitely guarantee a ton more sales.

Oh God, yes! Jaster Mereel, now that's an ultimate fantasy figure right there. Just the mention of the name makes me want to go back and read Open Seasons.

How is Open Seasons? Ive been thinking about reading it

If you want to know about Jango and Mandalorians in general, you read Open Seasons. As one does. Imo its a must. And its pretty heartbreaking. And it will make you dislike the Jedi.

I hope we do see Mereel in the show, the HT version of him would be a day 1 preorder with no hesitation at all, ever.

Despite saying for six months that my Sideshow version of Jango was fine, I randomly got up this morning and through basic FOMO, pre-ordered Jango. I had a $25 off coupon burning a whole in my pocket, so brought the price down a bit. Maybe I'll display both, one with helmet and one with head sculpt.

It?s also a better version of Din Djarin?s Origin:lol

Din's was a SANITIZED version; at least baby Din didn't have to actually crawl under armored vehicles to place explosive devices, or shoot someone dead at the tender age of like, 7. But then Disney would never be so hard-core, not in a million years. Poor Jango hit the ground running.

DD said:
Despite saying for six months that my Sideshow version of Jango was fine, I randomly got up this morning and through basic FOMO, pre-ordered Jango. I had a $25 off coupon burning a whole in my pocket, so brought the price down a bit. Maybe I'll display both, one with helmet and one with head sculpt.

I dont think you can go wrong here. Leave the helmet on the SSC one and HT shows the headsculpt. Jango is very long awaited, and I think when BoBF hits there will be more interest than ever.

Its probably what I'll end up doing with Bo: FOMO *sighs*

Just bought two Jango for both display options, one with PT villains, one with the Mandalorians in Mando series.

Glad I’m not the one who couldn’t resist two jangos!
One will be flying like on kamino and one helmet less with dooku

Back