1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TOS is very clear. You must reside in Australia and have an Australian card.

https://popcultcha.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003911923-Afterpay

I'm personally not onboard with buying from Hong Kong so my experience is limited, but Toys Wonderland seems to offer payment plans. Though honestly I'm sure any of the Hong Kong sellers would take your payments installments if you asked.

https://toyswonderland.com/pages/how-it-works

But I'm not sure what advantage there would be to you versus pre-ording the figure with or without a deposit and just putting your money into a savings account monthly.

Thank you for the reply, MuyenShi!

I know the terms with Afterpay. The thing is, it says clearly in the description that Afterpay is NOT applicable on pre-orders. And if Afterpay is available for an item, it shows "Afterpay" as a payment method in the description. Something not seen on the pre-order section of Jango Fett.

Have sent this question to their support but I expect no answer since their inbox seems to always be overloaded. Anyway, I could try to just proceed with the purchase with the installment method and see if the order will process.

Popcultcha dedutcts the sales tax from the order which brings the price down about USD 30 and shipping is only USD 18. And with the pre-order special price in mind there's not that different compared to ordering through Hong Kong. I'll check Toyswonderland and check the total cost difference, might go that route.

Wont shipping be expensive internationally from Australia? As well as customs/import fees.

Shipping is better than some HK-sellers. Popcultcha declares the value correctly which results in a 30% VAT fee. Bit annoying but the most honest and correct way to import the item. Feels a bit strange ordering through HK-sellers and pay a import fee of roughly USD10 when the value is USD 250.........

Shipping is better than some HK-sellers. Popcultcha declares the value correctly which results in a 30% VAT fee. Bit annoying but the most honest and correct way to import the item. Feels a bit strange ordering through HK-sellers and pay a import fee of roughly USD10 when the value is USD 250.........

Honesty isn't the best policy imo if it leads to spending more money :lol

Honestly isn't the best policy imo if it leads to spending more money [emoji38]
I also prefer the Han Solo delivery of my Hot Toys and avoiding any Imperial Tax charges on them. I'd have half the amount of figures going by the correct procedure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The popcultcha talk actually reminds me that I've stopped ordering from them on all future hot toys. Went to preorder Jango the other day and they don't do any more the $100 deposit and pay the rest when it's in stock, only this payment plan of paying it all over 4 months. But the old way is how I've been able to budget for all my figures cause it's often a year away. So that motivated me to look into hong Kong sellers and decided to preorder Jango and Clone Wars Maul with KGHobby.

I know this is practically a dead thread but here?s to a successful resurrection!

Anyone here ever own the SSC version? I did for about 2 days and promptly returned it and received every penny back because this was years ago when they ?guaranteed satisfaction? of their own products. That thing was an utter S***show, from S***show, :lol

I was deep into collecting their clones and was overall happy with them (aside from the bodies) and even bought stuff like their white Boba Fett (I believe it was called prototype Boba or something) which was fine as well, especially for the time. I was honestly just STUNNED at how horrible their Jango turned out, it was about on par with the Medicom and in some ways even worse. Aside from using a decent body, I’m actually very interested to find out how much of this will reuse old molds or if HT’s will use their own on the entire figure. I’m thinking it’s probably the latter since the release is in 2022 and they started teasing this at conventions in 2018.

Aside from the numerous discussions regarding the colors (I’m going colorblind so I don’t really care) are there other points of contention prospective collectors find worry someone?

I know this is practically a dead thread but here?s to a successful resurrection!

Anyone here ever own the SSC version? I did for about 2 days and promptly returned it and received every penny back because this was years ago when they ?guaranteed satisfaction? of their own products. That thing was an utter S***show, from S***show, :lol

I was deep into collecting their clones and was overall happy with them (aside from the bodies) and even bought stuff like their white Boba Fett (I believe it was called prototype Boba or something) which was fine as well, especially for the time. I was honestly just STUNNED at how horrible their Jango turned out, it was about on par with the Medicom and in some ways even worse. Aside from using a decent body, I’m actually very interested to find out how much of this will reuse old molds or if HT’s will use their own on the entire figure. I’m thinking it’s probably the latter since the release is in 2022 and they started teasing this at conventions in 2018.

Aside from the numerous discussions regarding the colors (I’m going colorblind so I don’t really care) are there other points of contention prospective collectors find worry someone?

I've owned the SSC Jango for years and it looks great on my shelf. I honestly don't scrutinize the details of the figures as much as some so curious to hear what was a s***show about Jango? I haven't ordered the HT yet as I'm trying to be selective in what gets an updated figure release. Qui-Gon I upgraded to HT, Maul I did not. On the fence with Jango as the Fetts are my favorite characters...

I had it some years ago but sold it once they put announced the HT version. If I remember correctly the issues I had with it were the shin and foot armor constantly falling off trying to pose it, the color being too purple to my eyes, the gauntlets being a bit short and stubby, misplaced chest armor, helmet didn?t seem quite right, 5 head instead of 4, and the floppy body.

That being said there were some great things about the figure I liked. 1)Having an in-scale Jango on my shelf instead of a runt. 2)Flight stand for flying poses. 3)Flames for the jet pack. 4) Decent reveal head(not great). 5)Cool blaster effects 6) Leather holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the SSC Jango, got it for free a few years back and I was very happy with it. But I?ve decided to sell some figures and so SSC jango, grievous and Proto Fett are out to fund HT Mando deluxe, Scout with bike and Jango Fett.

I think the SSC Jango can be posed up decently and has everything you?d want in terms of extras. But the build quality, body, materials are sub par. I recently got OG Mando from my wife for Xmas and it blew me away. So I decided to invest in getting an upgrade on Jango. I absolutely love Jango Fetts armour. And I?m pleased I?ll be getting that superior Hot Toys quality figure and accessories.

But I would say if Jango is just a background character for you, or not that important the SSC Jango can pose up well and has quite a bit of options.
0ab4f3ab6cf591fd91b4b8e8ecbd8978.jpg

81755b5fa468993706c31cea7b31ed06.jpg

I still love the SS version. I did swap out the body and modify the vest...but it's still a great display piece and one of SS better offerings.

Looking forward to HT version but i'll be keeping this guy so i can display the extra Temuera Morrison head sculpt...

DSC_0082.JPG

Yeah I mean it?s still a good figure in it?s own right.
And would look better with that HT head on it (hopefully if the proportions work)

Just sold off my SS version. Cleaning up a bit to make money/room for future figures. I hope Jango comes out earlier than expected.

I was deep into collecting their clones and was overall happy with them (aside from the bodies) and even bought stuff like their white Boba Fett (I believe it was called prototype Boba or something) which was fine as well, especially for the time. I was honestly just STUNNED at how horrible their Jango turned out, it was about on par with the Medicom and in some ways even worse. Aside from using a decent body, I?m actually very interested to find out how much of this will reuse old molds or if HT?s will use their own on the entire figure. I?m thinking it?s probably the latter since the release is in 2022 and they started teasing this at conventions in 2018.

Aside from the numerous discussions regarding the colors (I?m going colorblind so I don?t really care) are there other points of contention prospective collectors find worry someone?

I just sold mine. For me the problem was the arms, you cannot bend them more than 70? w/o the suit fighting back, and the tubes coming out the gauntlet are too damn stiff and short. The ankle were not too posable either.... Just that but I really like to pose my figure so I'll upgrade to HT

Back