1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Bent wing is the way to go.

How far can you tilt Vulture forward before concerns about the strength of the guides?
I was doing that last night and got nervous about it so bent it back. Having said that it seems very strong. I should do a test and have a pillow underneath. I reckon at least 30 degrees maybe more.
The size and heft of the base helps as well. None of this skinny ass HT base.

I would like to bend it forward so you can see the bent-wings looking straight on. 30 degrees sounds like it might be far enough. Certainly wouldn't want to have too much weight resting on one side of the guide though unless the plastic can take it.

If Joost is still checking in, maybe he knows best about that question?

I was doing that last night and got nervous about it so bent it back. Having said that it seems very strong. I should do a test and have a pillow underneath. I reckon at least 30 degrees maybe more.
The size and heft of the base helps as well. None of this skinny ass HT base.
I think bending the poles backward down near the base first and then curving them forward at the top would be the way to maximize the angle. That would keep the center of gravity above the base.

I think bending the poles backward down near the base first and then curving them forward at the top would be the way to maximize the angle. That would keep the center of gravity above the base.
That’s a great idea but they are really rigid and I’m not sure if they could go one way then the other with much angle. I will have a go but I just did this and it seems quite stable.
5A1D8EB9-C1AE-4CD7-A461-F09398A10058.jpeg

That’s a great idea but they are really rigid and I’m not sure if they could go one way then the other with much angle. I will have a go but I just did this and it seems quite stable.
View attachment 547909
Ok I lie that worked quite well :)
Damn I just want to spend the whole day playing!

DF46CA0D-7736-45E4-8657-0CBE65995F90.jpeg

View attachment 547909
Yes, the poles are quite a bit stiffer than even the heavy duty ones that HT has provided in the past, so that may have been easier said than done. My display area doesn't really allow for doing that so I never tried it on mine. :lol

The possibilities seem endless at this point. Just be careful of the wing tips and the spiky boots!

I’m saving for my next Jazzinc purchase now!!!

i apologize in advance there could be a flood of photos from me today.

That's great, more severe an angle than I was asking about but good to know.

Again though, my only concern would be how long can the clear plastic guide support all the weight on one side?
I honestly don’t think it’s a problem but yeah would be good if Joost can provide some thoughts.

91840E09-4B08-48CB-BE34-97797AF35199.jpeg

Attachments

• 1F8CFD35-B60A-4F19-B86E-A461D5A1AE30.jpeg
    1F8CFD35-B60A-4F19-B86E-A461D5A1AE30.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 45
I'm thinking I'm going to go with a hanging ceiling mount for this because, frankly I'm running out of room, and I think it would look cool. Would love to see if anyone goes that route. Seems to be a few options for anchor points.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with a hanging ceiling mount for this because, frankly I'm running out of room, and I think it would look cool. Would love to see if anyone goes that route. Seems to be a few options for anchor points.

That was always my original plan, strung up with fishing line. But then the reality of a three point anchor system seemed to get complicated and took away easy access to removing him/taking him down (to activate eyes, posing, whatever).

Back