Hot Toys - MMS - Mark III 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of which suck. And where in the hell is Batman Returns? They can't even throw their customers a teaser on Christmas Eve.

:goodpost:

I was really hoping we would also get BTTF teased on Christmas. But I guess that licence is going to share the same fate as X-Men First Class.

:goodpost:

I was really hoping we would also get BTTF teased on Christmas. But I guess that licence is going to share the same fate as X-Men First Class.

You're crazy buddy! That will be one of their main upcoming lines. BTTF will be the new Batman/Marvel/Terminator.

You're crazy buddy! That will be one of their main upcoming lines. BTTF will be the new Batman/Marvel/Terminator.

:lol I do not understand the obsession with BTTF. What more can you possibly do beside Marty with a vest and Doc with his lab coat? Possibly a 1/6 DeLorean.

If this comes out does anyone think it might be in the form of a DX? I know the battle damaged version was intended to be a DX, maybe they will finally figure out how to make that work.

If this comes out does anyone think it might be in the form of a DX? I know the battle damaged version was intended to be a DX, maybe they will finally figure out how to make that work.

The way they've been releasing DX figures lately - re-releasing iconic characters - would certainly point to an Iron Man version in the near future. A Mark III would be the perfect candidate - a new body with battle damaged panels and a Tony Stark body (like the Luke DX) with a few suits, hair styles, one head sculpt with blood, etc. etc. The list goes on. After owning the Mark II AU version for a few days now I do not think they could use that body for a Mark III DX - the inarticulated abs and limited movement in the head and arms would make posing it in an iconic Mark III fashion impossible. Still, making all those things possible would be a herculanean feat and I shudder to think of the cost.

Agreed.

But what happened with First Class? I saw the Xavier... did they ditch like they did GL?

Don't believe so. GL was announced but no photos of any protos came of it. A proto for Xavier have been made so I'm sure it will be released. But if it's going to be a F.C version, they need to get this up ASAP. Though I'm sure it will be released, I fear if they wait too long, they may do a "Loki" on us. Cancel this version to opt for a DOFP version...

What is the probability of them making a 2.0 of this? I'm almost tempted to start looking for the BD version of this. Maybe even the standard version too. lol

Super high! There's essentially the mkII 2.0 in the AU release along with the mkI 2.0. There's Iron Monger. Too many sales to be had there with people buying it as a companion piece. Not to mention it's an iconic enough of a mk to sell as just a stand alone piece to Marvel fans looking for one Iron Man.

...and where is it then?? I thight a guaranteed release.........plus I sold my original so HT better do this figure!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and where is it then?? I thight a guaranteed release.........plus I sold my original so HT better do this figure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a capstone to the IM3 line. Who knows, it might even see some action in the film.

Super high! There's essentially the mkII 2.0 in the AU release along with the mkI 2.0. There's Iron Monger. Too many sales to be had there with people buying it as a companion piece. Not to mention it's an iconic enough of a mk to sell as just a stand alone piece to Marvel fans looking for one Iron Man.

:exactly::exactly:

I'd pick this up if it was to be released , after all the designs throughout all the movies this is still by far my favorite.

Relax - if you think HT won't release this, then you haven't been paying attention to your HT history. They LOVE the IM license (to the consternation of many non-IM collectors) and they LOVE figures that will sell. They have everything they need for a 2.0 Mark III with the AU Mark II design they did - so maximum return for minimal investment on their part (well, maybe some swap out BD armor and a new Stark head would give folks some extra value to justify what is sure to be an expensive release?). The one thing that's really weird about HT is their timing on releases - they really do march to their own drummer on that issue. There are some legitimate concerns on the timing of a Mark III, though. I think they're savvy enough to know they have to space out IM suits, at least a little, so that collectors on a budget don't feel it's an "either or" situation. My personal feeling is that the best window for a release would be between the release of the Mark VII and the release of any product from IM 3. A LOT of collectors are wanting a revamped Mark III to go with Iron Monger.

Patience, just remember it was over a year from the time Monger was announced until he was released.

I'm still skeptical about this simply because they could just simply smoothen the rivets on mark 2 auv and give it a repaint which wouldn't take that long for them to do and yet we've heard nothing from them for what seems like a year, so I don't think there'll be mark 3 v2.0... but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

It wouldn't make sense for them to anounce this now,the mark 7 still is not released and they could possibly loose sales from people choosing one or the other.if I have the mark 7 on preorder but really like and want the mark iii,if the solicite it now I could cancel my mark 7 preorder and get the 3.they loose a sale but if I get the mark 7 in hand and then they solicite the m3 I can do 1 of 2 things,I could love the m7 since its in hand and don't want to sell,so I keep it and preorder m3 or I can sell my m7 and order the m3.either way ht doesn't loose a sale.

Back