Hot Toys - MMS - Mark III 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mk 3 is the only one im missing.

so i'd be pretty keen on a 2.0

mk II AU is such an awesome piece, if they follow up with a mk III in the same nature, i'd snap it up instantly.

It wouldn't make sense for them to anounce this now,the mark 7 still is not released and they could possibly loose sales from people choosing one or the other.if I have the mark 7 on preorder but really like and want the mark iii,if the solicite it now I could cancel my mark 7 preorder and get the 3.they loose a sale but if I get the mark 7 in hand and then they solicite the m3 I can do 1 of 2 things,I could love the m7 since its in hand and don't want to sell,so I keep it and preorder m3 or I can sell my m7 and order the m3.either way ht doesn't loose a sale.

I don't think so - this is the perfect time to announce it, it would come out between the Mark VII and the Mark XLII (or whatever it is). They might lose a sale from you but they won't lose sales from sending most of them to brick and mortar stores. People will eat up ANY red and gold iron man figure no matter when its released or what version it is. It would also compliment all the Iron Mongers they just sold. It's the perfect time.

It wouldn't make sense for them to anounce this now,the mark 7 still is not released and they could possibly loose sales from people choosing one or the other.if I have the mark 7 on preorder but really like and want the mark iii,if the solicite it now I could cancel my mark 7 preorder and get the 3.they loose a sale but if I get the mark 7 in hand and then they solicite the m3 I can do 1 of 2 things,I could love the m7 since its in hand and don't want to sell,so I keep it and preorder m3 or I can sell my m7 and order the m3.either way ht doesn't loose a sale.

:exactly::exactly:

I'm still skeptical about this simply because they could just simply smoothen the rivets on mark 2 auv and give it a repaint which wouldn't take that long for them to do and yet we've heard nothing from them for what seems like a year, so I don't think there'll be mark 3 v2.0... but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

Okay, by that logic, they could have announced TDKR Tumbler and Batpod and released them the same DAY. They were straight up re-releases, no upgrades at all. They timed the announcements and releases to generate buzz and maximize sales.

This is the same company that re-released the IM Mark I with a repaint, new head, a new (unnecessary) accessory and a fancy base, just because they could and they wanted the money (yet it took forever to be released). They re-released the Mark VI (without BD armor and with the Stark portrait from the Marl IV) as a SSC exclusive for The Avengers to rake in more cash. You really think they'll pass up the chance for a new Mark III, now that they have a much more accurate body designed? As you said, all it needs is rivets removed and new paint. Easy cash, no way they'll pass. We just have to wait on HT's crazy release schedule...:impatient:

I don't think so - this is the perfect time to announce it, it would come out between the Mark VII and the Mark XLII (or whatever it is). They might lose a sale from you but they won't lose sales from sending most of them to brick and mortar stores. People will eat up ANY red and gold iron man figure no matter when its released or what version it is. It would also compliment all the Iron Mongers they just sold. It's the perfect time.

Brick and mortar stores? I dunno about you, but nothing in my 1/6 collection came from a brick and mortar store. HT in particular is looking for those online e-tailer pre-orders through SSC (their official US distributor) and other online stores. Brick and mortar sales are all well and good, but it's not the bulk of their business in the US.

Okay, by that logic, they could have announced TDKR Tumbler and Batpod and released them the same DAY. They were straight up re-releases, no upgrades at all. They timed the announcements and releases to generate buzz and maximize sales.

This is the same company that re-released the IM Mark I with a repaint, new head, a new (unnecessary) accessory and a fancy base, just because they could and they wanted the money (yet it took forever to be released). They re-released the Mark VI (without BD armor and with the Stark portrait from the Marl IV) as a SSC exclusive for The Avengers to rake in more cash. You really think they'll pass up the chance for a new Mark III, now that they have a much more accurate body designed? As you said, all it needs is rivets removed and new paint. Easy cash, no way they'll pass. We just have to wait on HT's crazy release schedule...:impatient:

They announce them to coincide with the release of TDKR. They can't release Batpod and Tumbler on the same day simply because the logistical aspect of it would be too horrendous which is why they schedule every release carefully. Even then they do still have QC problems.

Mark 1 has a different body underneath and slightly different armor apart from the new head and fancy base. And as far as exclusives are concerned, they don't have to make any of them, just repaint the armor up a bit and re-release it with a new box art. It's a marketing strategy, again, to coincide with an event. The event being The Avengers movie in this case.

So yeah, they COULD do all of that, but you need to see it from their business perspective. There are a lot of things involved, I mean, apart from those things I've mentioned, there are things like painting up headsculpts (which is still done manually), printing up box arts, shipping from manufacturing facilities, shipping to distributors, etc. Those things take time and a whole lot of paperwork.

Also, you're (me included) basing that on nothing but speculation. There's no need. If they do make one, great, and if they don't, so what? In this day and age, you can make one yourself anyhow! More pricy, takes more time and work, but the result will always be the same, I think.

Brick and mortar stores? I dunno about you, but nothing in my 1/6 collection came from a brick and mortar store. HT in particular is looking for those online e-tailer pre-orders through SSC (their official US distributor) and other online stores. Brick and mortar sales are all well and good, but it's not the bulk of their business in the US.

Yeah, I was unclear. What I meant was if they lost sales from online preorders like steven.giunta suggested, they'd still sell out from brick and mortar stores ordering them up and selling them out. I've purchased several of my figures from retail stores and they can't keep Hot Toys on their shelves for more than three weeks let alone a red and gold Iron Man. I guess it doesn't matter now, the Hall of Armor might delay any sort of Mark III 2.0 for the foreseeable future!

Yeah, I was unclear. What I meant was if they lost sales from online preorders like steven.giunta suggested, they'd still sell out from brick and mortar stores ordering them up and selling them out. I've purchased several of my figures from retail stores and they can't keep Hot Toys on their shelves for more than three weeks let alone a red and gold Iron Man. I guess it doesn't matter now, the Hall of Armor might delay any sort of Mark III 2.0 for the foreseeable future!

Nice observation. Agreed.

They announce them to coincide with the release of TDKR. They can't release Batpod and Tumbler on the same day simply because the logistical aspect of it would be too horrendous which is why they schedule every release carefully. Even then they do still have QC problems.

Mark 1 has a different body underneath and slightly different armor apart from the new head and fancy base. And as far as exclusives are concerned, they don't have to make any of them, just repaint the armor up a bit and re-release it with a new box art. It's a marketing strategy, again, to coincide with an event. The event being The Avengers movie in this case.

So yeah, they COULD do all of that, but you need to see it from their business perspective. There are a lot of things involved, I mean, apart from those things I've mentioned, there are things like painting up headsculpts (which is still done manually), printing up box arts, shipping from manufacturing facilities, shipping to distributors, etc. Those things take time and a whole lot of paperwork.

Er, you just made my point for me, I was saying everything I said in response to this post:
I'm still skeptical about this simply because they could just simply smoothen the rivets on mark 2 auv and give it a repaint which wouldn't take that long for them to do and yet we've heard nothing from them for what seems like a year, so I don't think there'll be mark 3 v2.0... but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

Also, you're (me included) basing that on nothing but speculation. There's no need. If they do make one, great, and if they don't, so what? In this day and age, you can make one yourself anyhow! More pricy, takes more time and work, but the result will always be the same, I think.

Need? No. There is no need for any action figure or collectible (a lot of us, as collectors, get really stuck on this point). Desire? Absolutely, it would sell. Profit for HT? You betcha! Does HT like profit? Hmmmm...

I felt the Hall of Armors made a MKIII 2.0 even more probable. Having a complete set of marks, especially 1-3 got more desirable with the Hall release. Secondary prices go up. HT notices and rereleases/rehashes like they've always done.

I guess it doesn't matter now, the Hall of Armor might delay any sort of Mark III 2.0 for the foreseeable future!

That would be unfortunate. I'm unimpressed with the handling of the Hall of Armor, the price point is a blatant money grab. For what they're charging, I could either buy a row of fancy light-up shoe boxes for my IM figures to stand in, or I could get the Batmobile. Not a hard choice. There are still several months prior to IM 3 where they could squeeze in a Mark III announcement. Barring that, it'd likely be after the main characters from IM 3 are released before we'd hear anything :monkey2 (unless they do a Mark III as a con exclusive).

I felt the Hall of Armors made a MKIII 2.0 even more probable. Having a complete set of marks, especially 1-3 got more desirable with the Hall release. Secondary prices go up. HT notices and rereleases/rehashes like they've always done.

I'd have to agree with that, and re-releasing the Mark III could drive sales on the Hall of Armor. People with that particular hole in their collection could get the new Mark III, then want a 4 or 7 unit Hall of Armor to showcase all of them. I think the HoA is waaaay overpriced for what it is, but maybe there are some collectors who'd feel differently.

Er, you just made my point for me, I was saying everything I said in response to this post:

I think you're reading between the lines there. Because in that post of mine which you had just quoted, I clearly wrote
"I'm skeptical"
and
"so I don't think there'll be mark 3 v2.0"
>>> Mark 3 v2.0 unlikely

whereas the point you were making is
"You really think they'll pass up the chance for a new Mark III, now that they have a much more accurate body designed? As you said, all it needs is rivets removed and new paint. Easy cash, no way they'll pass. We just have to wait on HT's crazy release schedule..."
>>> Mark 3 v2.0 very likely

So how is it that my overtly truncated argument helps you make your point when it clearly stands on the other side of your point?

Although, yes, we are somewhat in agreement over HT's business model.

Need? No. There is no need for any action figure or collectible (a lot of us, as collectors, get really stuck on this point). Desire? Absolutely, it would sell. Profit for HT? You betcha! Does HT like profit? Hmmmm...

You're reading between the lines again here That part of my post is in regard to us bickering without any salient information or evidence on whether or not HT is going to release Mark III v2.0 for certain. Which means we're both arguing something solely based on speculation. THAT is what I meant by "There's no need".

After getting the MK II Unleashed, a MK III 2.0 is needed. I keep seeing scary images of faded abs on the Battle Damaged version along with it being anorexic. All I could wish for is about the same accessories that came with the first one:
- Two chest plates, clean and BD
- Removable face plate
- Unhelmeted head
- An unarmored hand

Was bored so I decided to take some pictures of my MIII.

8365558912_2563e43499.jpg

8365555026_a3c0c5bb1f.jpg

8364480331_94a74595d2.jpg

cool pics i really like the color on the mark iii i hope they re-release him since i didnt have a chance to get him when it first came out

Back