1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff

I tried to figure out why I bought the figure. So I went back to the HT promo pictures and the figure looks good. So I copied a pose from those images.

The biggest problem remains the head/eyes but Chronos helped fix that. I'd still like to wire them up, maybe drill out the head to put some better looking LEDs in there.

Well they're so cheap anyway... just drill away.:monkey3:lol

I tore mine apart big-time and the Sideshow head does work way better, but it still has the stupid switch in the same stupid place.:gah:

Like a Rhinestone Jawa.... da-duh, da-duh....

Nice work on the eyes, guys.

I heard that song in a store the other day for (at least that I remember) the first time in what must be decades. Maybe what's happened here has had greater ramifications than fixing some crappy Jawas.

Or maybe cheapo Michaels rhinestones on crappy Jawas are making me pay more attention to 70s ballads than I should.

Well they're so cheap anyway... just drill away.:monkey3:lol

I tore mine apart big-time and the Sideshow head does work way better, but it still has the stupid switch in the same stupid place.:gah:

This is if I can acquire a cheap head, mind you, which might not be possible. I have a couple LEDs that would work with a more prominent push button switch, but I think the way to go is something wired into your entire display like davejames has for his figures.

Those lemurs are crafty and sneaky. Their eyes fool you into thinking they are silly. But they are not.

:horror

lemurs-666.jpg

I’m going with vultures, since that’s what they are.

Vultures are either a kettle (in flight), committee (at rest), or wake (feeding).

The kettle of Jawas trundled past the moisture farm.

The committee of Jawas rested in the shade of their sandcrawler.

The wake of Jawas meticulously searched the abandoned base for anything useful.

I’m going with vultures, since that’s what they are.

Vultures are either a kettle (in flight), committee (at rest), or wake (feeding).

The kettle of Jawas trundled past the moisture farm.

The committee of Jawas rested in the shade of their sandcrawler.

The wake of Jawas meticulously searched the abandoned base for anything useful.

I like it. :lecture

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Was kinda hoping for a Spook deal on a second set of these but kinda surprised at the lack of even slight discounts on this and really much of anything at all.

$20 off TFA Snowtroopers, Homeless Luke Skywalker, Executioner Trooper(aka the dogcatcher), and Punk Spiderman:monkey3

Who could have predicted those being slow sellers?

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Was kinda hoping for a Spook deal on a second set of these but kinda surprised at the lack of even slight discounts on this and really much of anything at all.

$20 off TFA Snowtroopers, Homeless Luke Skywalker, Executioner Trooper(aka the dogcatcher), and Punk Spiderman:monkey3

Who could have predicted those being slow sellers?
Same here. I thought maybe Sideshow would offer at least free shipping. The same old crap is being discounted. Spooktacular is a joke this year.

I was hoping for a $20 off plus free shipping on their han carbonite. Only free shipping right now and I know if I order hot toys will preorder their dx Han carbonite.

Finally darkened the robe a bit. Still need to tackle the eyes, which basically do nothing or create the illusion that he's a cyclops.

jawa-robe.jpg
jawa-02.jpg

And with Gonk:
jawa-gonk.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ton - looks great!

How did you darken it?

I dislike mine so much I put it straight back in the box to sell. Only Hot Toys regret buy for me ever. Can't stand it or the Gonk. Woeful release.
(Sorry for the rant...)

If I can make it look like yours though, I might keep it.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Wow that looks terrific!

Thanks, duke! :duff:

Gotta work on the eyes next. Thinking I just need to create a new head entirely with a push button for the lights to make it easier to switch on and off.

Hey Ton - looks great!

How did you darken it?

I dislike mine so much I put it straight back in the box to sell.
Only Hot Toys regret buy for me ever. Can't stand it or the Gonk. Woeful release.
(Sorry for the rant...)

If I can make it look like yours though, I might keep it.
:lol Mine's been boxed up for a while too.

I used a mix of RIT chocolate brown (mostly) and pearl gray since I had it (the chocolate has a bit of red to it so I was trying to counter that). Left it in for maybe 30 minutes. The color took a while to rinse out but this was the result. In the end really there's not much on the figure that can be stained. I used vinegar to "set" the dye and that seems to have caused the weathering to turn lighter but it doesn't really stand out like it appears in that first pic.

I recently rebought the Sideshow with the idea of mixing and matching the two, but I found those a bit too frustrating despite their many pros.

If I can get the eyes sorted it'll be a solid figure. In my mind I just know that a Jawa and Tusken Raider need to be in my display ultimately.

Last edited:
Back