1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe JC Hong just dropped the prototype headsculpt 2 years ago in his office and just said - "Ahhh someone will find it later" - And 2 years later he think "Where is Gamora?" couse noone find the prototype head and the production didnt even started. Maybe this is the reason :D :D :D

I was thinking it could be an issue getting the actor's likeness approved but highly unlikely since this would be taken care with a prototype early in the process and with more than sufficient time for corrections. Even if there were any delays with the headsculpt it doesn't impede the process of developing and manufacturing other parts of the figure.
I have no doubt in my mind this figure is already fully produced long ago and with the excitement level from the last Avengers movie waning they could be just waiting on the next window of marketing opportunity with some related announcement from Disney which was supposed to be this past summer with news of the next GOTG. Hot Toys used a similar tactic with the delay of the BvS Wonder Woman final release which was held off until her solo movie. Either way prepare to be less than overwhelmed once this is finally released and we can all move on.

Maybe JC Hong just dropped the prototype headsculpt 2 years ago in his office and just said - "Ahhh someone will find it later" - And 2 years later he think "Where is Gamora?" couse noone find the prototype head and the production didnt even started. Maybe this is the reason :D :D :D

Maybe James Gunn will give us a very meta, fourth wall breaking plot for GoTG3. The gang will borrow some Pym particles, shrink down to 1/6 size and go on a scavenger hunt through the Hot Toys office, JC Hong's house, the local garbage & recycling centers, etc., in a last-ditch effort to find the prototype and get us our action figures. They succeed, but then Mantis destroys it in a fit of jealousy after hearing Drax call it beautiful. :lol

they're moving away from rooted hair and have likely needed to rework the head to accommodate the hair sculpt.

don't @ me, my uncle works for nintendo

they're moving away from rooted hair and have likely needed to rework the head to accommodate the hair sculpt.

Would they really make such a drastic change between the prototype and the final release?

My theory also.

Eh, I think when it's all said and done this figure will have routed hair and no real drastic changes from proto to final. This particular character is probably just very, very, very low in terms of their priority. I can't see Gamora being a money maker, hence their apathetic, non-rushed approach to her release.

How many Endgame figures are left to release?

I know SSC ships Widow on the 11th...besides Gamora and...3 Caps, 2 Mark 85s...?? Who?s left?

More of those timey-wimey suits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, I think when it's all said and done this figure will have routed hair and no real drastic changes from proto to final. This particular character is probably just very, very, very low in terms of their priority. I can't see Gamora being a money maker, hence their apathetic, non-rushed approach to her release.

118714775_10157481745997344_8555401013931098217_o.jpg

Yes they want to get their high priority big money makers out 1st :lol

How many Endgame figures are left to release?

I know SSC ships Widow on the 11th...besides Gamora and...3 Caps, 2 Mark 85s...?? Who?s left?

More of those timey-wimey suits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebula is all I can think of.

All of the above will come out before Gamora. It's funny because it's likely true.

Back