Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one reason i never care to pursue ver1's clothing for my BR joker is that it looks so amateurishly done. the collar always hang out, making the piece very doll-like. putting on the BR joker head only stress the contrast all the more. look at this:

joker-ledger.jpg
3056167636_9be845aa3a.jpg

and now with the DX, seems like that problem has not been solved. they change the material, sure, but not to better effect. i'll wait for the MMS DX SP LTD ED EX, where they make version #12, giving us the most perfect joker, finally.

Looking to new stuff, HT getting a Terminator 2 license and doing an MMSDX T-800 would be great. To me that would be 3 headsculpts, 2 standard with mild and full BD, one clean portrait with the eye poseability, 2 sets of the costume, one clean one with bullet holes etc and the alternate shirt, and all the proper weapons to arm him.
:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

one reason i never care to pursue ver1's clothing for my BR joker is that it looks so amateurishly done. the collar always hang out, making the piece very doll-like. putting on the BR joker head only stress the contrast all the more. look at this:

joker-ledger.jpg
3056167636_9be845aa3a.jpg

and now with the DX, seems like that problem has not been solved. they change the material, sure, but not to better effect. i'll wait for the MMS DX SP LTD ED EX, where they make version #12, giving us the most perfect joker, finally.

No offense, but you chose a poor picture to get your point across. That pic only goes to show somebody's inability to pose the coat correctly. One of my "real" suit coats would have the lapels sitting up like that too, if I was wearing the thing all the way up on my shoulders like that.

I think HT will only make MMS DX out of iconic human figs played by big stars like The Joker/Heath Ledger...the kind of iconic characters/actors that warrant and have earned the "golden" status of DX. I wouldnt be surprised if they did Arnold in some form if they get the license to do him for Terminator 2 or a T1 version with TWO outfits (punk and regular) like The DX Joker.

Ledger Joker is a particularly iconic, fan favourite character...it's practically guaranteed there'll be some kind of better Arnie DX somewhere down the line too. But if HT did Rorschach I'm pretty sure there'd only be one shot at that character.
My point exactly.

I really wish they'd do this with older figures like the Colonial Marines, Ripley, I'd even buy another Cap'n Jack
Only Capt Jack is an iconic human character AND an A list movie star so I doubt the USCM would be DX'd nor even Ripley. If HT DX'd every one of their old figs or even piddley non-iconics like the USCM then collectors would assume that all figs would eventually be DX and so wouldnt buy them on first release. Rambo is one I see being DX'd.

Last edited:
DX is great but i am going to be somewhat reluctant to buy the first wave of Hot Toys figures now...
I think HT are anticipating us doing this and will only DX select iconic characters. If they DX too many characters, no one will buy them the first time around cos they know a DX will come.

I think HT are anticipating us doing this and will only DX select iconic characters. If they DX too many characters, no one will buy them the first time around cos they know a DX will come.

I agree completely. Or atleast, I hope this is what they do.

Doing the water treatment on that would fix it in no time! You are acting like it has a rod up there so it will always stand up! :rolleyes:

It kinda sucks for those that already have the two previous versions, GREAT for those like me that skipped both. :D

The first part of this statement is why I think they need to leave this treatment for figures not yet done. That way you dont alienate your customers who have bought previous versions. Its really a fine line they have to walk with this.

I love how progressive Hot Toys is, they are never satisfied with their work and they are always looking for new ways and methods to improve their products and that is to be commended.

I think what they're doing is amazing and love how they're trying to make 1/6th figures something more. However, as I stated above you have to becareful I think.Use this but becareful of what figures you go back and do. So using it for new stuff is probably the best route at least unless you wait a decent period of time afterwards.

probably should wait for HT to make a DX god father, probably will come with a horse head.

F

They should just bump God Father to DX status IMO. They've already bragged about how they're going the extra mile on tailoring the suit. Just throw another suit and movable eyes and call it a day. It already comes with a chair:rolleyes:

Having it be an MMS DX might get some fence sitters committing to Hot Toys version of Enterbays too. Really stick it to Enterbay.

They should just bump God Father to DX status IMO. They've already bragged about how they're going the extra mile on tailoring the suit. Just throw another suit and movable eyes and call it a day. It already comes with a chair:rolleyes:

Having it be an MMS DX might get some fence sitters committing to Hot Toys version of Enterbays too. Really stick it to Enterbay.

that's what I kinda thought too. With all the boo haa haa made on how great the god father figure will be a new DX line kinda make it seem like HT hold back and didn't go the extra mile. Its makes me want to dump the HT god father PO since its not gonna be their best effort.

Movable eyes on the Godfather is not a deal breaker. I think the overall expression and feeling of that sculpt is more than enough to make it a winner.

And I don't think the Enterbay figure has that going for it either... although I do think it has the inset eyes like Bauer and Palmer.

that's what I kinda thought too. With all the boo haa haa made on how great the god father figure will be a new DX line kinda make it seem like HT hold back and didn't go the extra mile. Its makes me want to dump the HT god father PO since its not gonna be their best effort.

I'd have to disagree with this. They've come out with figures lately that have been utterly amazing, and I imagine the only reason they're not part of the DX line is because they were announced far far in advance of anyone hearing about the DX line. I wouldn't worry about the Godfather being anything less than top quality.

That's a good idea. Maybe you can convince Medicom, Enterbay, and SS too! I'd like to see significant expansion packs someday.

It was called the razor/razor blades approach and started with Barbie in 1959.It s died a death since the 12" Joe reappeared in 1993,however.

No offense, but you chose a poor picture to get your point across. That pic only goes to show somebody's inability to pose the coat correctly. One of my "real" suit coats would have the lapels sitting up like that too, if I was wearing the thing all the way up on my shoulders like that.

it would be true if that's just the case of one collector too stupid to pose better. i've seen many collectors pics of ver1 joker's suit and the collars always look like that. here's one of michael crawford's:

joker-ledger.jpg
review_htdkbats_17.jpg

that suit just not worthy for the BR joker's head. and from what i can tell the DX suit has the same lapel problem.

Not a big fan of the idea. Hate having to think that whatever I buy right away, there might be a better version out 3 months after. And not keen on the idea of Hot Toys squeezing the license for Dark Knight and to capitalize on the late Heath Ledgers amazing performance.

Doing the water treatment on that would fix it in no time! You are acting like it has a rod up there so it will always stand up! :rolleyes:

you mean like wet the suit? and how long would that last? you dont mean i should wet the suit everyday forever so it would look the best forever, do you?

Back