HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

As I saw someone in the Star Wars section once state though, it's essentially the yin and the yang of OCD. Some people have OCD to the point where they want their expensive $225 collectible figure to look utterly perfect, so they get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of making things on it as accurate as possible. While the other crowd has OCD to the point where they are afraid to so as much touch or breathe on their figures, lest ruining their expensive $225 collectible figure. :lol

Well, that's one way to put it :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

A lot of the time, custom parts look worse than the proper ones. So I don't get the need to do extensive mods. HT tend to get things pretty spot on as it is.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I agree.

I sometimes see some really good custom parts, but I generally prefer the HT version. Even then, I'm a collector that generally likes to keep my figures stock.

I agree.

I sometimes see some really good custom parts, but I generally prefer the HT version. Even then, I'm a collector that generally likes to keep my figures stock.

I'm exactly the same, the armoury sculpt on my DX12 is literally the only change I've made to any of my figures, although I would use the workshop head on my VII if I had one.

I'm exactly the same, the armoury sculpt on my DX12 is literally the only change I've made to any of my figures, although I would use the workshop head on my VII if I had one.

Yep. The only mod I've done was to my DX12 figure as well, in giving it a custom cape.

A lot of the time, custom parts look worse than the proper ones. So I don't get the need to do extensive mods. HT tend to get things pretty spot on as it is.

Actually, HT tend to miss the mark on a lot of details. Which is why people change, mod and upgrade.

Sorry, Iron Man collector trying to pick up a few batman pieces, so correct me if I'm wrong, haha. The armoury is from TDK, as well as DX02 & DX11 joker.

DX 12 is from TDK Rises correct?

Didn't some of the DX12 pieces have an adhesive issue with some of the body pieces? Thought I read that somewhere.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Actually, HT tend to miss the mark on a lot of details. Which is why people change, mod and upgrade.

I can't think of too many examples. With things like the custom cowls, for instance, it's just slightly altered proportions, which I think are less accurate.

Sorry, Iron Man collector trying to pick up a few batman pieces, so correct me if I'm wrong, haha. The armoury is from TDK, as well as DX02 & DX11 joker.

Didn't some of the DX12 pieces have an adhesive issue with some of the body pieces? Thought I read that somewhere.

That was the DX02, I believe.

I changed back to the stock cape last night after having a custom cape. The custom one just slid out of the holes on the shoulders too easily for my liking. Despite the stock cape being extremely large, I was actually able to get it to look really good around the shoulders than what I was previous able to, which was my main issue with it. As others have mentioned here, you're able to get it to look halfway decent if you futz with it for a bit.

The custom cape really isn't as bad as people make out, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the bit about futzing.

I thought the stock cape was horrible, that thing was like a giant beach towel. Not even close to accurate to the real deal, Tony Mei's is pretty much spot on and has tabs you insert into the shoulders. Expensive for a small piece of fabric but worth it.

Old drumstick legs the figure I most like to hate . With new head swop. While wait for Ben,s version 2. 20160616_004600.jpg

I thought the stock cape was horrible, that thing was like a giant beach towel. Not even close to accurate to the real deal, Tony Mei's is pretty much spot on and has tabs you insert into the shoulders. Expensive for a small piece of fabric but worth it.

The custom cape I got was smaller, more proportionate and looked great at the shoulders. However, as I mentioned, it didn't have any insertion tabs; you pretty much just had to just stuff as much fabric as possible into the holes at his shoulders, but if you moved the figure the cape slid right out, so I was constantly having to put it back in. The custom cape is indeed huge, as mentioned, but the main issue I initially had with it was I couldn't get it to sit flush/flat against the shoulders. Not liking how the custom cape was constantly coming out, I gave the stock cape another shot. This time, I was able to get it to sit flat against the shoulders to where it looks accurate and while it is huge as mentioned, I can work around that. I kind of also like the velvet-esque material it's made of. It also returns me to the status of all of my figures being stock, which I personally prefer. :lol

You would be correct.

The armory set in general and the armory Batman figure is based on TDK, while the DX12 figure is based on TDKR Batman. They are essentially the same figure, albeit some slight differences, such as the sculpt. The DX12 having an adhesive issue with some of the body pieces I don't believe is one of the differences. However, I know the belt may possibly have some adhesive issues, as there a couple of spots on it where the little gold panels easily come separated. Not sure if the armory Batman figure uses the same belt(s) as the DX12 does.

By the way, I've been contemplating getting a loose armory Batman figure. Is there anyone out there who has both the DX12 figure and the armory Batman figure? I really like the DX12 figure, but I hear a lot of good things about the armory figure also. Is it worth having both being that you'd essentially have a TDK and a TDKR Bats, or is it pretty much just worth having one or the other?

After looking into both the DX12 and the Armory Batman, I went with the Armory set (with Alfred and Bruce) during SS's big sale last year. It was my first Batman figure and I didn't want several in my collection. The consensus, based on the forum here, was that the Armory Batman figure itself was an improvement over the DX12 figure. I only wish that it had included the EMP gun as well.

When the set arrived, I immediately ordered a replacement cape from lforigno. The difference is truly amazing and really elevates the figure, in my opinion. It didn't come with the cape "plugs" either, but I've had absolutely no problems with the cape staying in place, even after reposing several times. There was enough material to stuff in the slots to keep it all in place and still look fantastic.

I did end up picking up a lose DX12 stand for the Armory Batman figure. Love that snowy steps base. I also picked up enough parted out Armory Batman parts to set it up in the armory, which looked empty without the suit setup.

I think that unless you want the armory, it may not be worth the expense of picking up a very similar figure. But if you want a TDK/TDKR Batman, the Armory version is the one to get.

Thanks for the response. I'll most likely not end up getting the armory figure, but it's something that's crossed my mind intermittently.

Quick picture of mine as it currently sits on the shelf after reinstalling the stock cape again. With Selina in the background:

image.jpg

It is a little bit big of a cape, but I think I got it to sit pretty well against his shoulders. That was my main issue with it before. To me, it's definitely one of those figures though where you always feel inclined make a minor tweak when you're just glancing at it.

That just doesn't sit right at all to me. No natural drape to it.

The DX12 and armoury Batman figure are the same figure with the except of the faceplates and the eyeplate, The armoury head has squintier eyes. The panels on the armoury suit look slightly less matte too.

Both are classed as being from TDK, the DX12 is not from TDKR.

Some people modded the hands on the figure so they would have better movement by cutting of the buckle lip of the gloves so it looks like the gauntlet sits over them.

While I agree I'm it sold on the Choi head myself the shape is better than the HT one. The HT one is thin and too small and the mouth plate sit in it horribly

DX12 has Rises logos on the box and a blueprint of the Bat, plus its base has snow on it, so I think it's pretty safe to say it is from TDKR and not TDK. I know there are some small bits on the figure more accurate to TDK version of the suit though.

The cape thing really depends on what you're comparing it to. In the film it changes scene to scene. I like how the stock cape matches the 'electrified glider' look when spread out.

DX12 has Rises logos on the box and a blueprint of the Bat, plus its base has snow on it, so I think it's pretty safe to say it is from TDKR and not TDK. I know there are some small bits on the figure more accurate to TDK version of the suit though.

The cape thing really depends on what you're comparing it to. In the film it changes scene to scene. I like how the stock cape matches the 'electrified glider' look when spread out.

That's what I was thinking also.

Even though the TDK Armory figure and the DX12 are essentially the same figure, I thought it's always been quite demonstrable that the DX12 is at least intended to be based on TDKR.

Back