HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That really is fantastic picture. Can't wait till I get mine.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just received my DX12 and I must say it is a very impressive figure, straight out of the box it's awesome. Only mod i did was the glove mod

Modified (L) stock (R)

image_zpsdb8335a4.jpg

Whoa. You can really tell the difference the "fat suit" makes when you have them side by side like that. Unless the un-modded one has his back arched and is pushing out his belly or something.

Just noticed in the other thread you didn't take out the padding. He looks so bloated right there. :lol

In reference to the side x side modified vs stock

I can see some differences, but it's totally subjective whether one is better than the other. The example on the right looks "bad" because it's a bad photograph. Look at the photo above in Simple's post of, what looks like to me, a stock DX12.

Differences between L+R that I (think I) see:

Wrists (some part of glove removed on L)
Upper Elbows (armor moved UP on L)
Thighs (thinner on L)
Eyes (squinted on L)
Faceplate (different one on L)

I can honestly say that I don't see anything different about the shoulder pads at all in any image.

I finally get mine today ( if I don't miss UPS ). These pictures just convince me more that I wont be modifying my figure. Although, I do understand why some freaks do ( to them it is part of the fun of collecting). I really think some of you would be bummed if you opened a box, and there was a perfect figure in there. The only make or brake for me is head sculpt.

I finally get mine today ( if I don't miss UPS ). These pictures just convince me more that I wont be modifying my figure. Although, I do understand why some freaks do ( to them it is part of the fun of collecting). I really think some of you would be bummed if you opened a box, and there was a perfect figure in there. The only make or brake for me is head sculpt.

You at least got to get Robbie's faceplate. It's technically not a mod since it comes with swappable faceplates already, you'll just be adding one. :lol

Got mine just now! wow, my first Hot Toys figure, don't know if it's because is my first, but this looks awesome to me :hi5:

Got mine just now! wow, my first Hot Toys figure, don't know if it's because is my first, but this looks awesome to me :hi5:

Congrats man. I remember my first Hot Toys figure. DX05 Indy. I was in awe. Enjoy it man. :)

Just noticed in the other thread you didn't take out the padding. He looks so bloated right there. :lol

The stock on the right is basically how it came in he box. With no fuzing. They both have the fat suit on.

But next time don't just judge a photo and think you know it all.

I never said I knew anything, but judging a photo is all one could do, because you didn't provide any details at all about what was done. IMO, the details are more important than the photograph when the photo is a bad one.

So I posted what differences I thought I could see between the two photos. If you didn't want people doing this kind of comparison, why did you post the pictures? So to clear things up, why don't you please list what mods have gone into the example on the left? I think everyone would appreciate knowing these details. I sure would.

My DX12 should be in my hands this upcoming Saturday and I'll consider a few mods so long as they don't fundamentally alter the integrity of the original product. After all, I'm not looking for a custom here.

I just got my second DX 12 from Sideshow.

The outerbox is heavily damaged but the figure seems fine.

Do you think SS can give me another one?

Either way, I won't order from them ever again...

My DX12 came the same way back in November. I guess they beat the crap out of that box for some reason because everything else I've gotten from SS has been fine. The Batpod had a few dings to the brown shipper but nothing to the main box. I blame UPS for that anyway. Glad your figure is ok at least. I think they should consider free pack outs at this point as a nice CS gesture.

UPS can be rough, but the outer Box which fits very tightly against the inner box is not suitable for shipping individual units. it might be fine when you have a stack of these in a skid or in a container, but they really should go in another shipping box once they leave Sideshow. This isn't necessary with all products, but with a collectible where the packaging is an important part of the complete package, it's a necessity.

Someone just told me that SS do offer a $10 double boxing option. I didn't see it when I placed my order however. My DX05 was delivered with box in perfect condition, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for DX12 this Friday.

My DX12 came the same way back in November. I guess they beat the crap out of that box for some reason because everything else I've gotten from SS has been fine. The Batpod had a few dings to the brown shipper but nothing to the main box. I blame UPS for that anyway. Glad your figure is ok at least. I think they should consider free pack outs at this point as a nice CS gesture.

I hate this crap, how can a company that deals with nothing but collectibles ship like this when every other retailer ships in padded boxes:cuckoo: I blame sideshow more than ups or fed-ex, sure ups is responsible to deliver packages undamaged but we all know its hit and miss with them guys

[ame]https://youtu.be/--4U4BkulC0[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/gE0G1y2InrE[/ame]

:dunno

I've seen first hand a Fed Ex driver throwing a package onto my porch from over 10 feet away. I heard the truck pull up and was walking to the door so he wouldn't have to ring the bell - I got close enough to the window to see outside just a second before he tossed it, turned around and went back to his truck and drove off.

However, the UPS and FedEx drivers in my new neighborhood (and new town) have been great and also very personable when I've had the chance to talk to them. And the mailman here is always super careful with packages from what I've seen.

UPS can be rough, but the outer Box which fits very tightly against the inner box is not suitable for shipping individual units. it might be fine when you have a stack of these in a skid or in a container, but they really should go in another shipping box once they leave Sideshow. This isn't necessary with all products, but with a collectible where the packaging is an important part of the complete package, it's a necessity.

Someone just told me that SS do offer a $10 double boxing option. I didn't see it when I placed my order however. My DX05 was delivered with box in perfect condition, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for DX12 this Friday.

I've never requested a pack out from SS but I believe you need to do it over the phone.

I've seen first hand a Fed Ex driver throwing a package onto my porch from over 10 feet away. I heard the truck pull up and was walking to the door so he wouldn't have to ring the bell - I got close enough to the window to see outside just a second before he tossed it, turned around and went back to his truck and drove off.

However, the UPS and FedEx drivers in my new neighborhood (and new town) have been great and also very personable when I've had the chance to talk to them. And the mailman here is always super careful with packages from what I've seen.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Qw-zxJI1YOo[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/AWe_ICjYJn0[/ame]

I've never requested a pack out from SS but I believe you need to do it over the phone.

Me nether, and I never noticed the option at check-out but heard it was availible, but how is calling them on the phone convinant at all. they need to get there act together.

Skull those videos are brutal. Reminds me of the beginning of Ace Ventura. :slap :lol

Back