HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'll admit that I've read a LOT of pages in this thread over the past few months. But not enough to recall why exactly people suggest a replacement cape. What's the consensus on the deficiencies with the stock cape?

I don't know about the general "consensus", but in my opinion the advantages of the most popular custom capes over the stock cape are

1. better draping (due to the cut and the weight of the material)
2. the weight pulls the cape down (stock cape is lighter; it tends to ... uh... get bunched up? at the clips - English is not my native language; I hope the explanation made sense)
3. it looks less toyish overall

I'm sure there are more reasons, but these are the ones I could come up with right away.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

my reason to buy a custom cape is to have a longer one, so it'll drapes more nicely on the figures.

crossedeyedjokerbatman.png

Damn that Batman pic is hilarious!!

He should take another pic before he fixes it without the flash for entertainment purposes

I don't know about the general "consensus", but in my opinion the advantages of the most popular custom capes over the stock cape are

1. better draping (due to the cut and the weight of the material)
2. the weight pulls the cape down (stock cape is lighter; it tends to ... uh... get bunched up? at the clips - English is not my native language; I hope the explanation made sense)3. it looks less toyish overall

I'm sure there are more reasons, but these are the ones I could come up with right away.

If you didn't tell us I wouldn't have known the difference. YOu make perfect sense. :)

Yup.

1. Squinted eyes
2. Tummy Tuck
3. Belt Lift.

Thanks, dude! No wonder the head sculpt looks so much better compared to the others. Can't say the same about the body thou 'cuz I can't see much difference. Any idea from whom can I get this HS? :cuckoo:

Yup.

1. Squinted eyes
2. Tummy Tuck
3. Belt Lift.

Tummy tuck lolz.

Actually the DX bats is too tall for my shelve. -_- So he's kinda in a squashes position. Hence the bulging stomach. Good eye for detail.

Question, is the DX batman stand supposed to come with a swappable part? Because the staircase thingy can easily be removed..

28knimh.jpg

All in all:

resculpted eyes
widened cowl
glove mod
widened ankles
custom cape

Last edited:

Thanks, dude! No wonder the head sculpt looks so much better compared to the others. Can't say the same about the body thou 'cuz I can't see much difference. Any idea from whom can I get this HS? :cuckoo:

It's the stock DX cowl. He just did the squint mod and widened the cheeks.

eczamurai, that´s amazing!! I love it, congrats!

Hopefully I can get mine soon.

Back