HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Haha thats funny.

I' m serious! I collect old 1:6 gi joes and when some of them have spent decades in a toy case, it makes miracles! It cleans them up and tha abrasive power of the pasta sometimes erase surface scratches. Basically it works the same way a scratch eraser works on the surface of a car. Of course, the scratches need to be very superficial, but trust me, it works!

Now I have no idea if it would work on the plastic used on the shoulder pads, but it's a tip I'd found on a board and as silly as it sounds, I've had great results with it.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

tooth paste right? there isn't a french thing that actually is tooth pasta? lol

Oops! Sorry, I should have checked the word! I meant tooth paste of course! I knew something sounded wrong but was too lazy to check! :lol

Oops! Sorry, I should have checked the word! I meant tooth paste of course! I knew something sounded wrong but was too lazy to check! :lol

Tooth pasta :lol :lol :yess:

I was so confused as to what it was for ages

Regardless of the criticisms being levied at this figure, if you look at the licenses, assuming Batman in this suit isn't released again (a big IF), I would put heavy money down on DX 12 being a more popular
figure than those others you mention in the long run. As great as those other figures are, the HT collecting fan-base are just gonna be way more into Nolan Batman than Keaton Bats, Reeve Supes, or Sparrow. And that is gonna translate into sales, despite a figure's flaws. Look what happened with the previous releases of this character in this suit.

Now, I don't know how many of these were produced vis-a-vis those others. . .

Valid, though I suppose I place more significance in the hobby fanbase becoming less and less interested in owning yet another version of this same suit eating into potential sales. And although the differing scale appeals to different collectors, the presence of the 1/4 version may attract some away from the 1/6.

I'm just hoping I can score a second one for cheap later on to have a stock version, since I'm going to mod the heck out of my first.

Any suggestions between the long and the short rayon capes...is the short the hero template?

He can do the hero template in any of the lengths. You just have to be specific when you send him a PM with what you want. Also, type in the same thing in the message box when you paypal him the money.

Options are:
Begins or TDK style (depending on the figure you are buying it for)

Velvet or Rayon (rayon is the best for scale, but costs more)

Hero template, or go with his original Takara template cape with the more exaggerated scallops

Short, medium, or long length.

The consensus seem to be that for the best aesthetic one should choose short or medium for a TDK cape (most are going towards short, though I love my medium), and long for a Begins cape.

All of this information was gained by me buying four capes from him. A ways back I had gotten a long, begins, takara, velvet cape for my Batsuit Begins figure. I just recently bought both a velvet and rayon, medium, TDK, hero capes.
Also, I have on the way; a Begins, hero, long, rayon cape.

Last edited:

Regardless of the criticisms being levied at this figure, if you look at the licenses, assuming Batman in this suit isn't released again (a big IF), I would put heavy money down on DX 12 being a more popular
figure than those others you mention in the long run. As great as those other figures are, the HT collecting fan-base are just gonna be way more into Nolan Batman than Keaton Bats, Reeve Supes, or Sparrow. And that is gonna translate into sales, despite a figure's flaws. Look what happened with the previous releases of this character in this suit.

Now, I don't know how many of these were produced vis-a-vis those others. . .

You are soooo right. Nolan Batman commands serious interest and these films will only get more of a fan base as time goes on..I hate to say this but I just don't see this trilogy being topped by new Batman films for a long long long time!

There are actually three lengths that he offers. Most notable are the long and the short, but there is a medium length option. I have the medium. Yours does look longer than mine, so I'd guess you are correct in that you do have the long.

Ok cool, thanks I didn't even know that :lol I'm starting to wonder if I'd have liked medium more :panic:

:D

Maglor , please show me how to do this...those straps are driving me crazy!!

Click the link in my sig and watch the second video. :peace

Beautiful...isn't it???? :wink1:

ActionFigures061.jpg

Limited Edition # 1092 of 35,000

I'm Jelly!

I used a narrow TT for the body. Fits decent but the jacket looked just ok. So I took it off.Thanks!

Interesting. I thought I saw people saying that the Medi shirt wouldn't fit on a TT.

What about the jacket didn't work? Too small?

As for the mod, i'll check out your tutorial video and go from there. Thanks!

No moding needed, as I said.

It's just futzing, the way you would futz a tie or lapel.

I' m serious! I collect old 1:6 gi joes and when some of them have spent decades in a toy case, it makes miracles! It cleans them up and tha abrasive power of the pasta sometimes erase surface scratches. Basically it works the same way a scratch eraser works on the surface of a car. Of course, the scratches need to be very superficial, but trust me, it works!

Now I have no idea if it would work on the plastic used on the shoulder pads, but it's a tip I'd found on a board and as silly as it sounds, I've had great results with it.

You said "pasta" more than once. :lol

But I am interested in this tooth paste idea. I have a few blemishes on my figures that might be "buffed out" in this way. I'm intrigued...

I finally just decided to PO ths guy from Sideshow. Pretty excited to have him and Cap soon.

Not all toothpastes are perfect for the job, you might as well buy an actual polishing compound such as [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-4950344870691-Polishing-Compound-Fine/dp/B000BLI6SQ/ref=sr_1_fed1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354837531&sr=8-3&keywords=tamiya+compound"]THIS[/ame].
This is used by scale modelers to remove scratches from surfaces.

Sorry Mags, the shirt is actually from a Triad Toys suit set. So no, both the shirt and jacket don't fit. Well the jacket doesn't fit properly.

Might be picking this up in 2 weeks. I have an extra set of Medi arms and was thinking about cutting out the gauntlets and using then for this but I think they might be too small. Has anyone else tried this who may have a pic?

Hmm, perhaps I'm wrong. I don't have mine yet. Just from pics and people saying about it I thought it only had one light up bulb, at the top.

Yes, it has one LED, but that lights up the whole front on mine.

I included a picture for reference. I have seen pictures where none of the EMP posts are lit, but the LED is. You can see all the posts are lit on this one.

Then again, I may be misinterpreting everyone here.

Thanks
Ed

Mags, you have a short rayon right?

Man, it would be less confusing to see a guide with pictures in his thread. :lol

Yes, it has one LED, but that lights up the whole front on mine.

I included a picture for reference. I have seen pictures where none of the EMP posts are lit, but the LED is. You can see all the posts are lit on this one.

Then again, I may be misinterpreting everyone here.

Thanks
Ed

Yeah that's kinda what I meant, just the one bulb at the top that lights up but it shines down and lights up the rest. Seems hit and miss though as to whether it shows up well in pics. That looks really good though.

Man, it would be less confusing to see a guide with pictures in his thread. :lol

Yeah, I've suggested that many times but he doesn't own any 1/6 figures. But a while back Maglor did post all the pics of the capes he owns which I thought was cool and very helpful. Too many of the same questions in that thread. I don't know why he just doesn't take Maglors post and put it on the first page.

Not all toothpastes are perfect for the job, you might as well buy an actual polishing compound such as THIS.
This is used by scale modelers to remove scratches from surfaces.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I am using the short rayon. I own the long rayon as well. Both are nice. I kinda wanna get the hero rayon as well to complete the set. :lol

Back