HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Nice work Maglor on the cape...you & Rory got it to lay down nicely over the shoulders.

When I get a chance I suppose I'll give it another try.

UPDATE: one of the problems I had with the cape was all the excess hem on the v cut in the back causing it not to lay flat. This time I took it & tucked it under the clip before I pushed it down/ all the way in...that helped it lay down better. Looks better now.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

After seeing tons of pics from various members for the past few weeks of the DX 12, I think it's pretty safe to say that the best TDK batman figure is still trustmaster's modded medix. The medicom head and the dx12 body combo just isn't working IMO, without it looking slightly bobble headed, like the EB GOD behind the scene :duh

But fresh out of box, I think the DX 12 is the winner. I think I will just display it with the Bruce sculpt, and the other one with the semi smiling sculpt and call it a day.

Nine times out of ten I would argue that looking good on the shelf = screen accuracy, but I can see your point on this one. :lol I wonder if they could be bent or shortened (but still connected) to keep them from jutting out so much.

I just tried my own mod on the gauntlets.... I am not to confident in cutting off the elbow protection piece of the gauntlets, so I warmed them up in very warm water (until soft) and bent them inward about 45°. Once I had them in place, I put them in cold water to hold the angle. They look a lot better that they did stock. When the elbows are bent... they aren't as noticeable, and they now move (somewhat) to the form of the elbow being bent. They also look nice with the arms pointed down in a natural position (not straight down like a robot). Will post pics when I get my camera tomorrow.

To the guys, who've attatched the Medi head, what were the mods involved and how extensive were they? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Ive been in Star Wars land.
Ive been thinking of just buying the body but I don't know if it will be worth it plus I dig the Wayne head.

I just tried my own mod on the gauntlets.... I am not to confident in cutting off the elbow protection piece of the gauntlets, so I warmed them up in very warm water (until soft) and bent them inward about 45°. Once I had them in place, I put them in cold water to hold the angle. They look a lot better that they did stock. When the elbows are bent... they aren't as noticeable, and they now move (somewhat) to the form of the elbow being bent. They also look nice with the arms pointed down in a natural position (not straight down like a robot). Will post pics when I get my camera tomorrow.

Wouldn't that make the elbow piece more brittle?

That's the stuff.

I'll check when I get home if its a strong hold now that it should be totally dry.

Just wanted to confirm that the Quick Grip is holding great. The nice thing about that stuff is that, if I ever wanted to reposition the elbow pads I could peel them off, unlike with super glue. I think Quick Grip should be in every moding collector's mod kit. :D

Tried to get his suit off tonight with no success. I only got the "football" pads off. The body suit was too tight and I was afraid of ripping it.

Just wanted to confirm that the Quick Grip is holding great. The nice thing about that stuff is that, if I ever wanted to reposition the elbow pads I could peel them off, unlike with super glue. I think Quick Grip should be in every moding collector's mod kit. :D

That is fantastic news Mags!

Now it can be used with confidence, btw I'm pretty new with all this modding stuff, what tools would you recommend for cutting?

Cheers!

Not at all... plenty of mods like this have been done.

Nice! I'll keep an eye out for the pics then I'll decide which mod is 'safer' for me to do :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Agreed and I think I may do this mod when I get my figure but will decide when it is actually in hand :)

That is fantastic news Mags!

Now it can be used with confidence, btw I'm pretty new with all this modding stuff, what tools would you recommend for cutting?

I used an exacto blade for the gauntlet mod and a small scissors and an emery board for the gloves.

I got my TDKR DX today from SSC the box is broke in the corners now waht I can do??

I got my TDKR DX today from SSC the box is broke in the corners now waht I can do??

Contact SSC customer service a few people have had the same problem and contacted them with the reply that they may be able to send them the required parts to fix their problem. So I would give that a shot tomorrow or shoot them an email tonight.

Mine came like that too, they said they will send a replacement when they get their next shipment.

Tit tape. Keep telling you. Buy some tit tape.

:lol

Finally got the return/exchange page to work on SS. It wouldn't take my pics cause they were too big! WTF! Hopefully get the piece replaced and the box. Other than that its a great figure.

u9amu4e8.jpg
4y9uqa7y.jpg

Kinda diminishes your enthusiasm for a new figure when the box and the head are screwed up.

i nearly broke my finger when fixing up the cape on DX-12 Batman.
Really quite a poor design for the cape to be fitted that way.
Due to the pushing of the plastic pegs to fit the cape, my batman ended up with scratches on the outside of the cape peg inserting area....

Finally got the return/exchange page to work on SS. It wouldn't take my pics cause they were too big!

Resize them and try again.

i nearly broke my finger when fixing up the cape on DX-12 Batman.
Really quite a poor design for the cape to be fitted that way.
Due to the pushing of the plastic pegs to fit the cape, my batman ended up with scratches on the outside of the cape peg inserting area....

It shouldn't be that hard...

I can't sleep try to see who is the best TDK the DX02 or DX12...DX12 is THE WINNER!!! :)
TDKR DX12 is a GREAT FIGURE!!!
Te only complaint is the box is broke in the corners... :(

Back