Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they do. I would not mind an anniversary set with mob scene + cop + another look / scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To each their own of course but I agree that $6,500 is staggering.

Turning back to the subject of a 3.0 I'm still calling it for 2018 as I have done for some time. Tenth anniversary of TDK.

Last edited:
I hate to say it because I would love and buy any new Ledger Joker but there will not be a 3.0. The current Hot Toys business model seems to be very much on display and once they wrap up the last of their announced "retro" licenses (BTTF 2, Alien) it does not appear that we will see anything from them that does not represent a current movie, and those movies will need to be Disney (POTC), Marvel, Star Wars, or DCEU. There is nothing that they are doing right now that suggests in any way that they will ever look backward for subject matter.

I hate to say it because I would love and buy any new Ledger Joker but there will not be a 3.0. The current Hot Toys business model seems to be very much on display and once they wrap up the last of their announced "retro" licenses (BTTF 2, Alien) it does not appear that we will see anything from them that does not represent a current movie, and those movies will need to be Disney (POTC), Marvel, Star Wars, or DCEU. There is nothing that they are doing right now that suggests in any way that they will ever look backward for subject matter.

I agree...they made 3 versions of the Joker. Time to move on for HT

I'd love a 2.0 Two-Face, Bane, and Catwoman, but I'm flying too close to the sun on those.

It is hands down the best sculpt out there. Possibly the best ever, not just best joker.

But I do find that price somewhat obscene.

But why make a 2.0 of Bane & Catwoman? The original ones are still holding up to newly released figures.

I'd love more/different accessories more than anything. If they gave them the DX treatment that would be sweeeeeeeet.

DX line is dead, has been for 3 years now. All Hot Toys does now is barebones figures with stands that have cardboard backdrops. If people want a Hot Toys Selina Kyle, you can get one for around it's original MSRP on eBay and the secondary market.

What the hell would a DX Bane be? They covered his three main looks from when he fights Batman (coat, brown shirt, sleeveless exposed arms) in one release. His hands are his weapons and the figure came with a ton of them. The black shirt from the goofy Plane scene? You could get that for a couple of bucks. The stock exchange jacket? Who cares about that.

The older lines are dead. The 60s show, Burton and Nolan films aren't relevant to Hot Toys anymore, not when they have licensesfrom 3-4 different blockbusters a year. They can't even finish the lines with a proper Ra's, 60s Batmobile, Returns Catwoman or Penguin. Things like Romero Joker pop up only to be swept away in the Star Wars, Marvel and Suicide Squad rush. Why would they suddenly do another Bane or Catwoman? Why make a new Ledger Joker when WB and the toy companies out there are trying to sell Leto.

If there's a focus on DC from Hot Toys, it's going to be on Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and the Justice League (primarily Affleck Batman). Things from the Nolan movies are done. Last releases were a lame 1/12 Bat vehicle that took years to sell out after being clearanced multiple times and a Batsignal with Joseph Levitt Gordon that few people were interested in. This was over three years ago. It's finished. The Trilogy had a good run in 1/6 high end scale for 10 consecutive years.

Last edited:
DX line is dead, has been for 3 years now. All Hot Toys does now is barebones figures with stands that have cardboard backdrops. If people want a Hot Toys Selina Kyle, you can get one for around it's original MSRP on eBay and the secondary market.

What the hell would a DX Bane be? They covered his three main looks from when he fights Batman (coat, brown shirt, sleeveless exposed arms) in one release. His hands are his weapons and the figure came with a ton of them. The black shirt from the goofy Plane scene? You could get that for a couple of bucks. The stock exchange jacket? Who cares about that.

The older lines are dead. The 60s show, Burton and Nolan films aren't relevant to Hot Toys anymore, not when they have licensesfrom 3-4 different blockbusters a year. They can't even finish the lines with a proper Ra's, 60s Batmobile, Returns Catwoman or Penguin. Things like Romero Joker pop up only to be swept away in the Star Wars, Marvel and Suicide Squad rush. Why would they suddenly do another Bane or Catwoman? Why make a new Ledger Joker when WB and the toy companies out there are trying to sell Leto.

If there's a focus on DC from Hot Toys, it's going to be on Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and the Justice League (primarily Affleck Batman). Things from the Nolan movies are done. Last releases were a lame 1/12 Bat vehicle that took years to sell out after being clearanced multiple times and a Batsignal with Joseph Levitt Gordon that few people were interested in. This was over three years ago. It's finished. The Trilogy had a good run in 1/6 high end scale for 10 consecutive years.

:exactly: Thank you!!!!! For awhile there I was beginning to think that maybe I was missing something in seeing that Hot Toys is a very different company today than it was five years ago as far as license selection goes!

I'm planning on refinancing my condo so I can get dat head.

Smartest financial decision eva

And much like Fabio covered, the TDK line had a hell of a run. Even all the vehicles were made! That's unheard of when you think about it.

Last edited:
Don't think anyone can predict what Hot Toys will or will not make. The 60's Joker proto was shown a while ago so they're at least thinking of continuing that line. The AK Batman went up outta nowhere and shortly after the Arkham Joker finally went up for PO, after several years.

Back