Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, bud
I'm also looking for a set of dx 11 clothes.
All I'm able to come across is the CGL C-02 set, and I'm getting conflicting reviews about it. Jokes and Bats vouches for them, and he showed me pics that verify that... they look great in his pics, but other peeps are not as optimistic.

Lol stay classy

The jacket is too big, way too bulky for my liking. I have to force it to sit back to make it look semi decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need it to sit high up on his shoulders so all the weight falls forward.

And / or - get rid of the inner jacket or cut the sleeves off the inner jacket.

The jacket is too big, way too bulky for my liking. I have to force it to sit back to make it look semi decent.

here's jokesandbats CGL clad figure... his looks amazing.

Attachments

• jokerpose2.jpg
    jokerpose2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 259
You need it to sit high up on his shoulders so all the weight falls forward.

And / or - get rid of the inner jacket or cut the sleeves off the inner jacket.

is that what you did? did you cut the sleeves off?

I have to say, dude. your figure looks ****ing amazing... I'm good at futzing with a figure so that the clothes fall properly, so you really think that if I go with the CGL brand, that I can get the clothes to look like that ?

sure why not.

but when looked at closely... there's big faults with the oufit.
the bottom of the vest is uneven.
uneven collar.
fabrics too thick.
pants too loose.
shoulders too lumpy.

ht outfit is thin and very sharp.

dx11.jpg

I... I'm have no idea what you mean by that, aside from quoting Anchorman.

If you have a DX 11 set of clothes, I'd love to purchase it.

Are you asking me now if I have dx11 clothes that you can buy?

And stay classy meant as soon as you saw a member even hint at the chance he was going to help me, you were like hey buddy... screw that guy I need them. Trust me dude we all know you need something...

is that what you did? did you cut the sleeves off?

I have to say, dude. your figure looks ****ing amazing... I'm good at futzing with a figure so that the clothes fall properly, so you really think that if I go with the CGL brand, that I can get the clothes to look like that ?

Very kind of you.

I didn't cut the arms off - I read somewhere that it can possibly help.

I know people don't like that knock off suit because it supports ebay recasters and so on - fair enough. However, I owned the DX11 before I bought the knock off suit and the knock off is better in my opinion. I have owned every single Ledger Joker from HT and it got to the point where I couldn't afford the hobby anymore. The knock off suit cost me £45? I think - now I have a figure I love.

The trick to the knock off suit is work with and be patient - it looks down right ugly the first time you put it on the body because it bulky and misshapen and rather awful! So I spent quite a few hours with it and carefully dressed the figure layer by layer, using pics from the film to ensure accuracy and I have it at a stage where I'm pretty happy.

All the weathering I have done is just with regular acrylic paints - kid's paints from a hobby shop. I am no artist - I just look at the screen shots and try and copy it.

It's very kind of you to say such kind words and sorry I haven't replied more - I'm often stuck at work.

My opinion - go for the cheap version and then - if need be - upgrade certain parts of it with HT bits from ebay. - like I did with the tie.
I'd probably update the inner jacket too. BUt the trousers, vest and shirt are identical to the HT as are the shoes - and the shoes are better because they are designed for normal foot pegs not the special true type Joker body of the DX11.

I think I have more pics of Batman and Joker in my 'Show Your Shelves' thread as do lots of others members - and its wonderful to see how they have worked with their figures so you could go there for inspiration. There's also a custom thread in DC Customs.

Very kind of you.

I didn't cut the arms off - I read somewhere that it can possibly help.

I know people don't like that knock off suit because it supports ebay recasters and so on - fair enough. However, I owned the DX11 before I bought the knock off suit and the knock off is better in my opinion. I have owned every single Ledger Joker from HT and it got to the point where I couldn't afford the hobby anymore. The knock off suit cost me £45? I think - now I have a figure I love.

The trick to the knock off suit is work with and be patient - it looks down right ugly the first time you put it on the body because it bulky and misshapen and rather awful! So I spent quite a few hours with it and carefully dressed the figure layer by layer, using pics from the film to ensure accuracy and I have it at a stage where I'm pretty happy.

All the weathering I have done is just with regular acrylic paints - kid's paints from a hobby shop. I am no artist - I just look at the screen shots and try and copy it.

It's very kind of you to say such kind words and sorry I haven't replied more - I'm often stuck at work.

My opinion - go for the cheap version and then - if need be - upgrade certain parts of it with HT bits from ebay. - like I did with the tie.
I'd probably update the inner jacket too. BUt the trousers, vest and shirt are identical to the HT as are the shoes - and the shoes are better because they are designed for normal foot pegs not the special true type Joker body of the DX11.

I think I have more pics of Batman and Joker in my 'Show Your Shelves' thread as do lots of others members - and its wonderful to see how they have worked with their figures so you could go there for inspiration. There's also a custom thread in DC Customs.

I mean every word of it.

I hate to sound self-important, but I am a visual artist (illustrator,) and I can do in 2-D what hot toys does with models--that is to say that I pride myself in having an eye for accuracy, and your figure looks stunning: it almost looks as if it's at a larger scale.

Do you mind my asking which head-sculpt you are using, and how you managed the hair?

I was impatient, and a bit skeptical of the CGL set, so I found a jacket and coat combo on the canadian eBay for $90 US. I will order the CGL clothes now, but I'm conflicted as to whether I should bother paying an additional $50 for the CGL body/4 hands/laughing headsculpt package.

My worry is that the laughing head-sculpt is a: not applicable in a straight-forward pose (such as yours,) and b: that the sculpt that comes with the CGL package may be a knockoff as well.

I quite like your head sculpt! is it, per chance, a modified version of this? Custom VER 1 0 Heath Ledger DX01 1 6 Head Sculpt Joker FOR HOT Toys DX11 Body | eBay

Here is a close up of the CGL Headsculpt. I'm debating if I want to sell my BR Joker V2 sculpt. Here are both.
b51b24e65f1946c77b92740aecffe9e9.jpg
4d7bbc982c0e69787f2149d1ac9adeac.jpg

I mean every word of it.

I hate to sound self-important, but I am a visual artist (illustrator,) and I can do in 2-D what hot toys does with models--that is to say that I pride myself in having an eye for accuracy, and your figure looks stunning: it almost looks as if it's at a larger scale.

Do you mind my asking which head-sculpt you are using, and how you managed the hair?

I was impatient, and a bit skeptical of the CGL set, so I found a jacket and coat combo on the canadian eBay for $90 US. I will order the CGL clothes now, but I'm conflicted as to whether I should bother paying an additional $50 for the CGL body/4 hands/laughing headsculpt package.

My worry is that the laughing head-sculpt is a: not applicable in a straight-forward pose (such as yours,) and b: that the sculpt that comes with the CGL package may be a knockoff as well.

I quite like your head sculpt! is it, per chance, a modified version of this? Custom VER 1 0 Heath Ledger DX01 1 6 Head Sculpt Joker FOR HOT Toys DX11 Body | eBay

That's the head I have, yup. I repainted it and added Tibetan lamb fur for the hair.

The laughing sculpt in that set is most definitely a knock off. I have the hands too from that set and they are poor - the paint peeled off so I repainted mine a more accurate purple.

With regards to the purple coat - the DX11 version is very fluffy like a dressing gown robe - the knock off seems to be a more flatter material.

Here are a couple of the heads I repainted

That's the head I have, yup. I repainted it and added Tibetan lamb fur for the hair.

The laughing sculpt in that set is most definitely a knock off. I have the hands too from that set and they are poor - the paint peeled off so I repainted mine a more accurate purple.

With regards to the purple coat - the DX11 version is very fluffy like a dressing gown robe - the knock off seems to be a more flatter material.

Here are a couple of the heads I repainted

they look stellar, good sir.
Tibetan lamb fur? how does one aquire that?
I'd love to learn that process from you-- and let's be honest... you are an artist if you can make hair and make up look that good at such a small scale.

Selling any of those headsculpts?

The hair is from ebay - just stick it in the search bar.

And all those heads are sold I'm afraid. I only have mine left.

Thanks for the info, J&B. I went ahead and placed an order from a seller on ebay. Already shipped and I'm looking forward to trying the "real hair" addition to The Joker sculpt. I hope I can come a little close to your great looking sculpt.

Back