Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, found it on ebay now for $80. Is that the right price? with the body this bash will run me around $120. Do you guys think is it worth it?

I have a DX01 and DX11. Maybe I'll just swap the head on DX01 for the laughing head sculpt.
Honestly I think that's a better option in your case. Others have done it and it's a pretty good use of the laughing sculpt.

Take some pics.

img0296raxklby8oe.jpg

img0275lwi39k5xmh.jpg

chnv6k0d13k95qoghs.jpg

eqpbk9qzijm0d7c4lr.jpg

kyz8et6928qs6ytwci.jpg

img02648yruze4lsq.jpg

img0224ciwsvtq1l5.jpg

Cool pics!!! :hi5:

When people find themselves doing that (figure renting) I really think they should reconsider what their primary movie interest(s) is/are. What's the point in buying something if you're likely to sell it a few months down the line. I know circumstances can force us to sell things we would prefer not to but if the reason for selling is only so you can buy another figure.....

I don't see a problem with it. A better version of a character is coming, sell the old one. Your figure is overshadowed by other better figures or you end up not liking it as much as you thought for whatever reason, sell it. The way these things retain their value, it's easier to update the collection, so why not?

Figures that I have sold since I started collecting last year:

DX04 - I love Bruce Lee movies but my figure stood in the detolf and I hardly looked at it. Guess it just couldn't compete with Batman/Terminator/Predator

Toy Fair Batman - I used to prefer the Begins Batsuit, but I started to appreciate the TDK suit more and I didn't like the feeling that the figure was so fragile.

Two-Face - I thought the figure was great when dressed up as Harvey Dent, but the value had gone up so much it was too tempting. I really liked the figure, but in the end, he was a guy in a suit amongst Batman/Terminator/Predator

DX12 - Great figure and I miss it, but the QS was updated to be the best looking Bale Batman yet, so I had to upgrade.

The DX10 and DX11 are the two favourites in my collection right now, but if new versions come out that I like better, they will be replaced.

does anyone know what size the bills are. I tried looking for an image to print out some more bills but cant seem to find any.

So i made up my mind that i am keeping the dark clothing of the original joker, but im not sure if i should keep the original coat or the dx11. what do you guys think looks better.

original>>>

dx11 >>>

i love the dx01, but i'm sorry, there's no comparing the tailoring. the dx01 coat just doesn't fit right in the shoulders or the collar. i won't part with mine for the world, but it's just not as sharp at the dx11 coat.

so yeah: the second picture looks so much better. if it's too bright for you, just dye it a darker shade.

i love the dx01, but i'm sorry, there's no comparing the tailoring. the dx01 coat just doesn't fit right in the shoulders or the collar. i won't part with mine for the world, but it's just not as sharp at the dx11 coat.

so yeah: the second picture looks so much better. if it's too bright for you, just dye it a darker shade.

You are correct. The coat fits on so much better, its actually looking really good and growing on me. I do like the brighter jacket and the dark clothes. Thanks! now all i need is the shoes.

The first pic ISN"t a DX01 coat. Its the MMS coat.

You did a really good job at getting the nuances of the mob paint. Looks great.

So i made up my mind that i am keeping the dark clothing of the original joker, but im not sure if i should keep the original coat or the dx11. what do you guys think looks better.

original>>>

The fit on the MMS coat is bad. Which is a pity because I prefer the color and fabric to the DX11 coat. But like exile said, as far as overall quality it's the DX11 for the win. If you want a darker coat I'd at least go for the DX01. I actually still like that coat.

I managed to get my spare overcoat from eBay for a damn good price. Next on the list to buy is paint and then I can do the 'grubby' mod.

Fantastic pics cr0w. What paint did you use for your mod? Thanks.

A local Toy Vault store just had a dx11 . But I had to get out of there before I got too tempted to buy it. Need to save my money to pay for the qs001 soon. But damn did I want to get that dx11. Maybe they will still have it in a few weeks. Then I could get it.

You did a really good job at getting the nuances of the mob paint. Looks great.

Thanks man. Took a lot of practicing.

Sidious: For the most part, I just used Apple Barrel acrylics from Michael's or any other hobby store, but for the black around the eyes I used Grumbacher's Academy Acrylic brand Mars Black. I found it at Hobby Lobby. When it dries, it still has a sheen to it which gives it the wet look his black makeup had during the mob scene. For the "tear" running down from his left eye, I just dipped a thumbtack into the paint and drew it on.

Back