Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My retailer has claimed it's still due in stock in the UK tomorrow which I still find pretty hard to believe but I've been on them quite a lot and they still maintain that their dates haven't changed.

Mine has a due date for March. I could have got my Joker earlier from other retailers but I'm sticking by this one because of their good service.

...it's simply a GREAT MOVIE, period. And the reason it achieves "greatness" is because there are so many different, valid ways to read and interpret the film. It achieves a depth that few films ever can.

agreed!

Great interepretations. I always thought his delivery of that line was ambiguous enough that it could be seen either way. One of the high points of the movie for me.

when people grouse about ledger winning the oscar, this is one of the moments i always cite for them because it's so subtle and so fraught. this moment and the immediate aftermath of the "hit me" moment are just so completely brilliant. he does so much with very little.

I agree I think that he believes he's not crazy at all.... He always seemed to know something more than everyone else

absolutely! he's just ahead of the curve.

i've always found the character of the joker compelling in relation to batman, but merely antithetical in a shadow sort of way. nolan's (and ledger's) interpretation makes him more real, more threatening, more complex.

i think hot toys finally captures that complexity in the 2.0 ~ every new picture that people post is different ~ as mercurial as the character himself.

: D

Last edited:
I think everyone just loved Heaths portrayal he just took it to a completely different level and really emphasised the lack of empathy and humanity that the joker stood for.

He is just so unpredictable and such a sociopath that there is a real air of freedom about the character and no matter what anyone says he deserved the oscar for the performance alone.

Everytime i watch the Dark Knight i find myself studying the character and picking up more gestures and manorisms i hadnt noticed before, a truly breathtaking performance and hopefully this figure in some small way can do that justice !!

Who's your retailer?

whosyouretailer_zpsedf7d56d.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm at work. Didn't see the replies. I've pre ordered it with Mothers Basement. It's still slated as due tomorrow, I also phonedyesterday and their manager for sales told me that's the date they have confirmed.

Just spoke to someone from their customer services and they've confirmed that it's because they sold the last one on their inventory today, as they only sell as many as they are buying in as opposed to companies like FP who order a ton and if you're too late, you're too late. They have a shipment due in tomorrow and the belief is is that that's when it's due to come in and they should go out the same day or the day after, although, if it doesn't come in this week, she told me it should be in the very next week, so next Wednesday at the latest. Fingers crossed.

Just noticed I had few more pics of the 2.0. headsculpt in my camera that I hadn't posted. I'll just put them in here as well, and the people can make up their own mind whether the headsculpt looks good or not. These pics aren't anything fancy, just quick shots that are meant to show what the headsculpt looks in hand. If there is illusion involved I don't mind it as I get the same illusion just by holding the figure in hand and looking at it.:)

Im disappointed in it. Ive seen so many pix of it now that I think it kinda looks like Heath, but it's not spot on. HT has now had a lot of stabs at this, and the fact that after all this time it's not closer to being perfect is hard to understand.

Im still getting the figure because I never got the DX01, I just wish I saw more of Heath in there. I guess its one of those things where you need to get the right angle and lighting for it to look more like him, which bugs me a little for the amount of money Im spending on this thing.

Last edited:
Just spoke to someone from their customer services and they've confirmed that it's because they sold the last one on their inventory today, as they only sell as many as they are buying in as opposed to companies like FP who order a ton and if you're too late, you're too late. They have a shipment due in tomorrow and the belief is is that that's when it's due to come in and they should go out the same day or the day after, although, if it doesn't come in this week, she told me it should be in the very next week, so next Wednesday at the latest. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update on Mother's Basement. Much appreciated.:)
I have used them before for the Tumbler and the DX 12 and they were excellent.

I'm hoping SSC sends me an email today in regards to processing my order soon.

Do they have them already. I know my Bane is shipping in a couple weeks from SSC, but havent heard anything from them about my Joker preorder. It just says processing, which its says for months now.

Do they have them already. I know my Bane is shipping in a couple weeks from SSC, but havent heard anything from them about my Joker preorder. It just says processing, which its says for months now.

I am hoping they send the 2-4 week notice email is what I meant. Don't know when they will receive them.

Sorry guys, I'm at work. Didn't see the replies. I've pre ordered it with Mothers Basement. It's still slated as due tomorrow, I also phonedyesterday and their manager for sales told me that's the date they have confirmed.

That's alright dude, surely they can't get be getting this that quickly unless they've flown them in? Let us know fingers crossed you do get it everywhere else over here has it slated for April/May.

I just noticed that the Sideshow Exclusive for this has sold out. The waitlist option isn't even available :horror

I just noticed that the Sideshow Exclusive for this has sold out. The waitlist option isn't even available :horror

Yea it sold out last week. It was available as wait list for less than a day. I'm surprised it took as long as it did to sell out.

That's alright dude, surely they can't get be getting this that quickly unless they've flown them in? Let us know fingers crossed you do get it everywhere else over here has it slated for April/May.

Collectable Kitbash and Forbidden Planet both have them set for March too, so we'll have to wait and see buddy. Where is yours due to come from?

Collectable Kitbash and Forbidden Planet both have them set for March too, so we'll have to wait and see buddy. Where is yours due to come from?

FP too man, hopefully they get them in a timely manner however unless I can scoop one like I did with the DX12 through a friend of a friend.

Please let us know if you get charged or get him be interesting to know that they're getting them very quick, did anyone have the same from Mothers basement like they did with the DX12 i.e. before Christmas?

Back